Melbourne Football

Flick here for Subbuteo

KSK_47

hey guys, have something relatively exiting coming up to do with subbuteo, will hopefully be pivotal in geting subuteo well and truly off the ground in melbourne. I will let you know the details on the weekend. otherwise awesome stuff Young polak, well and truly leading the charge, a quick question, I cant imagine those stands would have beeen cheap, how much? if you are getting more perhaps the zuego stand available on subbuteo world is a good option

• Like 2

hey guys, have something relatively exiting coming up to do with subbuteo, will hopefully be pivotal in geting subuteo well and truly off the ground in melbourne. I will let you know the details on the weekend. otherwise awesome stuff Young polak, well and truly leading the charge, a quick question, I cant imagine those stands would have beeen cheap, how much? if you are getting more perhaps the zuego stand available on subbuteo world is a good option

Found the grandstand the $40 on ebay (including delivery cost).

shat myself for being that cheap compared to the other ones that average 60-70

I have 2 tan/yellow terraces which I paid $60 for (brand new etc)

and 3 grey terraces, used. $50 in total.

one of them is not sitting straight, I'd have to find a heat gun and soften the plastic for it to be sitting level with the table, seems like the only solution..

Edited by Young Polak

zeugo ones ill look into.

FB and Ando are aware of these pics via facebook, hopefully someone may have the time to update the subbuteo album on the yside page

Looking at the zuego stands. box comes with 2 tiers, I'm thinking one each next to the grandstand? and have the 5 terraces on the other side. (no room to have stadium parts behind goals unless I invest in a fucking

massive board that goes longer than the table by at least 300mm on both ends.)

or have the zeugo stand on the other side and use 4 terraces to surround both stands and leave my 5th one out..

Edited by Young Polak

Ok so now here is the big(ish) news, this year at my school each student will be undertaking a project which will last the whole year and they can do it on whatever they want. I am pleased to announce that my project is going to be on subbuteo.

I have been in conversation with Vincent and this year I am going to (with the help of others- all of you) be running a WASPA (Amatuer subbuteo) Tournament in Melbourne.

I will be speaking to mind games, games world and Crown and Andrews as to getting some sponsorship and maybe hosting the event.

As part of the project I will also be painting teams, applying decals and tyring to turn my field into a stadium. ( I already have a great example on the fourm to follow.)

The main objective though is to raise awareness of subbuteo in melbourne and to get as many people as possible playing. I look foward to wroking with everyone to making this happen. All help is much appreciated.

Once I have more details as to what is going to happen I will post them up.

• Like 5

the batteries are for when I play and practice on my own to make it harder to score

thats actually pretty smart :P

also, i have a question.

i recently bought an aston villa team: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230913252133ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

but i find they fall over when i try to flick it to the ball. is it the figures i have or does it happen often to everyone?

the batteries are for when I play and practice on my own to make it harder to score

thats actually pretty smart :P

also, i have a question.

i recently bought an aston villa team: http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_500wt_1156

but i find they fall over when i try to flick it to the ball. is it the figures i have or does it happen often to everyone?

Your ebay thing was removed, no idea what your brand is but im guessing its one of those general lightweight teams.

Lightweight teams are the fucking worst, regret spending on them (the 1990's or even 80's)

what would significantly help the figures is by polishing the bases.

always go with Zeugo or total soccer figures. Raptor / 2k4 bases are the best.

Zeugo are pretty cheap but damn fucking good quality to play serious games

Total soccer do not currently make figures, the group hat made them received the official rights ( the figures I have)

Zuego look great will get some soon

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/complete-subbuteo-soccer-set-/271153912111?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Vintage_Antique_Toys&hash=item3f2208592f&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_922

Wow,shame I don't have that much, seems as though there are more players ou there in melbourne

The only time i'll consider purchasing light weight teams if they are part of the Leggenda. (limited edition legendary teams)

Just solely based on that they are collectable.

got myself croatia 1998 world cup team.

comes with a history booklet about that specific team however I do not speak italian

774321_10151364427154679_1957738509_o.jpg

774350_10151364427089679_918732530_o.jpg

Edited by Young Polak

la leggenda looks mint.

have you thought about buying astroturf? i noticed your pitch is a bit wrinkled and i think it could help.

I started with cloth and upgraded to that current material in my photos (baize material)

Astro turf is so overpriced, I just need to thumbtack my pitch and it should be as good as the astro.

Needs to be re-ironed again.

nicotera* ahhaha...

actually haven't bought a pitch yet, i have been planning to make a mass purchase from subbuteo world which will include a team set, a pitch, balls, and then a terrace off ebay.

my mates got a small collection though so i have been on that a couple of times...

I have been doing my research and agree with young polak,

The zuego, New subbuteo, Total soccer, Stefan Corda/2K4 are good ones.

They have a few of the new subbuteo teams for sale at games worlds around melbourne.

I am looking at getting a heart team done by a different guy to the one that YP used, he says he can do them on super footy bases, anyone know anything about these?

I have been doing my research and agree with young polak,

The zuego, New subbuteo, Total soccer, Stefan Corda/2K4 are good ones.

They have a few of the new subbuteo teams for sale at games worlds around melbourne.

I am looking at getting a heart team done by a different guy to the one that YP used, he says he can do them on super footy bases, anyone know anything about these?

Super footy? not aware of them.

Thought the Raptor bases are top notch and had them installed for my heart team