Melbourne Football

Flick here for Subbuteo

KSK_47

gday all, I apologise in advance that mine is not as spectacular as young polaks but here it is anyway.

My subbuteo Story

photo 1:About 3 weeks ago I gought a basic club edition from mind games in Melbourne and mounted it on a wooden base using tacks. It came with a red and blue team, 1 basic ball and two plastic white goals.

I then bought my first group of items from subbuteoworld.com which arrived on thursday

It contained:

• Pegasus metal goals which are awesome and I have tacked them in too
  • Jabulani and tango 12 balls
  • Green and yellow team (which is now australia as I have added decals)
  • Blue and white stripes (brighton hove etc)
  • New fencing set with stickers
  • player number stickers

It took me a while to realise that you had to remove the player to add the decals but after that I was set. I am enjoying every minute of playing it and I am sure there will be more things soon.

I have been trying to upload pics from my camera but its not working, can anyone help?

Edited by True Until I die

photo 2

after order came from subbuteo world

differnces:

metal goals

green and yellow and blue and white striped teams

tango 12 ball

fence set

537087_414266925317043_1603920282_n.jpg

Farken hell, always dream of mine being totally flat, I just iron it and add weight on the dinner table to hold it flat.

I love your goals, need to purchase a better looking ball for myself.

did you just hammer in thumbtacks to the pitch into the wooden board right?

this is the best i can explain it

1, buy a wood or similar type of board big enough to put the field on.

2. hammer in nails where you want to put a thumb tack in

3. pull out the nail and hammer in the tacks in the same spot making sure you are always streching the pitch

the lines may not all be straight, mine arent completely

I have about 12 tacks on the field

this is the best i can explain it

1, buy a wood or similar type of board big enough to put the field on.

2. hammer in nails where you want to put a thumb tack in

3. pull out the nail and hammer in the tacks in the same spot making sure you are always streching the pitch

the lines may not all be straight, mine arent completely

I have about 12 tacks on the field

I'll look into it ty

574593_327004414039338_2076914865_n.jpg

That picture is history. That was the 1994 world cup held in Chicago and many of the top players of the time are on the picture: Darren Clark of England, Vasco Guimaraes of Portugal, Horst Deimel of Austria, Wayne Smith of the US, Christophe Fuseau of France (finalist of the tournament), Dominique DeMarco of belgium (winner). Just glory days!

Believe it or not but Carl Young (on this picture, the guy with the WALES jersey), one of the top players from the 80's and 90's in the world, now livs in MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you believe me? Check this Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/127530464069377/?fref=ts

That picture is history. That was the 1994 world cup held in Chicago and many of the top players of the time are on the picture: Darren Clark of England, Vasco Guimaraes of Portugal, Horst Deimel of Austria, Wayne Smith of the US, Christophe Fuseau of France (finalist of the tournament), Dominique DeMarco of belgium (winner). Just glory days!

Believe it or not but Carl Young (on this picture, the guy with the WALES jersey), one of the top players from the 80's and 90's in the world, now livs in MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you believe me? Check this Facebook group: http://www.facebook....069377/?fref=ts

Hopefully we'll get something going in melbourne very soon B)

the problem is not that there are so few players but that there are many new players or ones that do not feel confident enough to play in tournaments. I would love to play in one but have only been playing for a month and by standards am not very good. If we do start something it needs to be mainly so that we can play against other subbuteo players to get better.

• Like 1

the problem is not that there are so few players but that there are many new players or ones that do not feel confident enough to play in tournaments. I would love to play in one but have only been playing for a month and by standards am not very good. If we do start something it needs to be mainly so that we can play against other subbuteo players to get better.

Don't need to be confident. You will learn more by playing other players than just playing on your own. I'm sure it's also a good way to make new friends sharing the same hobby.

Don't you believe me? Check this Facebook group: http://www.facebook....069377/?fref=ts

21 players - 21 nations. I got them all now.

Diego Venegas (ESP)

Yusni Bin Amir Den Mulia (SGP)

Martin Taylor (IRL)

Jon Schulz (USA)

Pablo Goldberg (ARG)

Dominique De Marco (BEL)

Davide Massino (ITA)

Leslie Bonello (MLT)

Patrick de Jong (NED)

Derek Sansone (SCO)

Christophe Fuseau (FRA)

Andreas Christensen (GER)

Darren Clark (ENG)

Trevor Cummings (NIR)

Camilo A. Giedelmann (COL)

Carl Young (WAL)

Aggelos Tsakiris (GRE)

Vasco Guimaraes (POR)

Peter Fursund (DEN)

Horst Deimel (AUT)

Scott Aldridge (CAN)

• Like 1

I bought myself a blue+red grandstand for $45. I shit myself that it was so cheap compared to others. Looked brand new, the box looked great, couldn't ask for more.

Pretty excited. A 2-story y-side upgrade is all I'm picturing, swapping the blue terrace for my already created y-side terrace and would paint some more fans for the second level.

This isn't the one off ebay but just showing the grandstand I'm on about.

1_f.jpg

• Like 1

Getting him to make 2013 kits of Melbourne Heart and the visitors.

fucking excited

and even more excited since I have some ideas of teams he could make for me down the track (polish league teams)

Can't believe I found such a person who does this.

Please link us when he is doing them!

He's doing them now and says they should be done in a few days, and says once he is finished with them he can send me an invoice, in total I'll be paying $65 (17 pounds a team, 10 pounds for insured postage)

So I guess when he says he's finished painting, I hope he'll send me a pic and i'll post it here

• Like 1