Melbourne Football

Flick here for Subbuteo

KSK_47

hey mate, good to see another interested player. 

I would say that where possible, it is best to try some stuff out before buying it. We are having a friendly tournament this sunday from 1-5 which you are welcome to join us for (we can supply a team).

Otherwise, there are a few options I would recommend, let me know.

Well done for organising today's competition. It was well attended and it was also good to see some new players. The games were all played in the right spirit and it was great to see the more experienced players giving tips to those newer to the game.

Hopefully we will see even more turn up for the next event.

• Like 1

L, just put the original Melbourne Heart strip on a Subbuteo figure over the Melbourne Flag and be done with it! :)

The only problem with that is when I did my interview that was posted on the WASPA blog, I said the club welcomes all people, whether they are victory fans or neutral.

With that said I don't feel comfortable being a miniature Heart section if I don't stick to my words. Already Subbuteo Melbourne consists of 3 colours and I wanted to suggest this to the official kit (logo).

Tried to satisfy the majority who are predominantly heart fans with a striped shirt, but wanted to add a bit of subbuteo Melbourne (black shorts) to it.

That's just my take on it

Also: Benji had a thought of making his own subbuteo Melbourne team and I'm just sharing my designs for it to see if there is anything he likes

Edited by Young Polak

Good stuff guys. Don't be influenced by my bias. COYBIR.

Good to keep it neutral. How would the player look with the Melbourne Flag cross imprinted on the shirt rather than the stripes? Might be a bit much on top of the Melbourne flag background but I am interested.

Good stuff YP, liking the designs.

I  can confirm that the new equipment for the Melbourne Subbuteo Club has been ordered and sent, I am hopeful it will arrive early next week.

There was a good tournament in Parramatta yesterday, so the game is certainly growing.

The next Melbourne tournament will be an afternoon/evening event on either Saturday the 24th or 31st. If you can make one of these dates let me know, I will do which ever more people can come to.

Cheers

Keep Flicking!

I picked up a new team during the week- N********m F*****t from the 1990s for the pricely sum of $5 (from Sydney).

I have bought some rex-c bibases from America and I will be receiving them shortly. I will post pics when completed. Looking forward to playing with this team!

Edited for decency.

I am heading up to Sydney this weekend to compete in the tournament at mega games penrith.

There is set to be a good turnout- I really hope so.

I will use my new team for the first time, hopefully they play well.

Maybe I can even sell some sydney based a-league team base stickers.

Viva subbuteo melbourne!

I hope you and your "new team" go well.

And enjoy the trip.

Peter

Edited by Peter