Melbourne Football

Flick here for Subbuteo

KSK_47

Hi All

Any questions just fire away, been playing Subbuteo for years now but mainly with hand painted Bundesliga teams, only problem is I am in Emu Heights (near Penrith, NSW) also we have our first Subbuteo Tourney in about 2 years on in Penrith at the Mega Games Trader they are selling the new Subbuteo for $75 not sure about postage can be found on www.megagames.com.au also have teams for about $20 each nice people as well I have painted heaps of teams including the Heart will post pictures if some interest.

looking forward to Subbuteo talk

Brett

• Like 3

I have found a small seller on ebay for subbuteo, they only do special ones where they paint the players and put them in a display case. There is like one player specially hand painted and put in a case OR 2 players with home and away kits placed in a rectangular display case with synthetic grass to make it more professional. I have bought Arsenal ones and this person would make Melbourne Heart ones if anyone is interested. They would not make an effort for one person (me) and so I'm keen to get some people involved if they would like to have Melbourne Heart FC special subbuteo hand painted men in cases. Message a demand for Melbourne Heart and make it happen chaps!

I only paid about $15 for the Home and away kit edition, so don't assume it sounds expensive

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2813wt_1163

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

So is anyone in?

KSK? im guessing at least 4 guys including myself should demand the seller for melbourne heart subbuteo painted figures to get the ball rolling, and organise a time so we could systematically message him.

Quote from him: Thanks for your interest. I commission someone to make the teams for me when I get a few requests in for a team. This is the first one I have had for Melbourne but I can look at getting them for you depending on how many you would like. To be honest it will cost me around €40 to get the two teams so I'd certainly need more than one to be ordered.

I am interested. Do they do Leeds?

They do not do the Home and Away kit (2 person in one display case) however they do have the singular player inside its own case with its neat little synthetic turf as its platform. (use the drop down bar to select Leeds)

http://www.ebay.com....3#ht_3111wt_906

Edited by Young Polak

Well guys, I have now begun my journey of subbuteo-ing by purchasing my first set. I hope this will produce a positive outcome, getting mates involved and maybe seeing a workshop set up near my area.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=190678209818&nma=true&rt=nc&si=bGXBgEa32y1ND7ENTldutwRgTVw%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_5210wt_1397

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump

finally started playing subbuteo last week with a mate, really awesome game.

already have 6 teams to play with, just purchased a celtic squad, from the new brand that is reviving this game, so it will be brand new, fresh players.

Is there any playing fields that are not cloths? like with a rubber base similar to a mousepad, the creases on the cloths are annoying, and weight has to be added on the corners to hold it still.

Yes, there is a "super-pitch" available from some internet stores called ASTROBASE (www.astrobase.it) or EXTREME WORKS (I would recommend ASTROBASE as they offer a better service).

I'm happy you enjoyed playing. Hopefully you will meet other players and have tournaments int he future.

Things are moving slowly in Australia. The 3rd tournament of the year took place in Penrith (Sydney area) 3 weeks ago and the next one will be on December 15, also in Penrith.

There is a group "Subbuteo Australia" on Facebook where you can stay tuned about tournaments. The group "world amateur subbuteo players association" is working really well also.

Cheers from Belgium!

• Like 1

In some areas on ebay I find teams with different bases to the original subbuteo one (shown in link)

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1336wt_1397

My question is, can they be mixed with the original subbuteo or are they separated in games?

Edit: Some have titles "Total Soccer Subbuteo" is that just the branding of the items or?...

Edited by Young Polak

Yes, you can use the figures from Ebay in a Subbuteo game of course.

Same for Total Soccer figures & bases. Total Soccer is a brand produced by the company (Netcam from Spain) who is now producing Subbuteo before they had the right to use the name Subbuteo ;) Since they have the right to use the name Subbuteo their new bases are much better than the Total Soccer ones.

Yes, you can use the figures from Ebay in a Subbuteo game of course.

Same for Total Soccer figures & bases. Total Soccer is a brand produced by the company (Netcam from Spain) who is now producing Subbuteo before they had the right to use the name Subbuteo ;)Since they have the right to use the name Subbuteo their new bases are much better than the Total Soccer ones.

So what you're saying is that the new bases, as shown in my ebay link, are much better to use?

I'm just a bit lost sometimes in the morning

Edited by Young Polak