Melbourne Football

"Albury Away" - Heart vs Glory - Feb 9th 2014

marteaux

Unfortunately having a large amount of extended family in Albury I will be doing this trip.

Only a 6hr round travel time :)

Pre drinks at Paddy's Irish bar and then march en masse down Dean St to Lavo sports oval.

Fuck, that's a fair trek ahaha

• Like 2

The Vline website says the last train back is 5:20pm.

With the match starting at 3pm, that's enough to put me off going. I could drive, but watching football isn't the same for me unless I've had a few beers.

This wouldnt normally be an issue as I'd just stay overnight. But the match is on a Sunday :(

I've seen the idea get shot down alot on this forum but here goes: a Yarraside coach would be ideal for this match.
Google maps says it's a 3.5/4hr trip. Even allowing for ample post-match celebrations, we'd be back in Melbourne before midnight

I understand from what I read a while back that a coach trip has been tried before (to Adelaide??) but it didn't go too well.
Would anybody else get behind this idea?

The Vline website says the last train back is 5:20pm.

With the match starting at 3pm, that's enough to put me off going. I could drive, but watching football isn't the same for me unless I've had a few beers.

This wouldnt normally be an issue as I'd just stay overnight. But the match is on a Sunday :(

I've seen the idea get shot down alot on this forum but here goes: a Yarraside coach would be ideal for this match.

Google maps says it's a 3.5/4hr trip. Even allowing for ample post-match celebrations, we'd be back in Melbourne before midnight

I understand from what I read a while back that a coach trip has been tried before (to Adelaide??) but it didn't go too well.

Would anybody else get behind this idea?

With the Albury game being a Heart home game included in the membership, I reckon if enough people email or notify the club about an idea like this, surely they'd oblige.

Personally i think a coach is most neccesary as there is no public transport from the station to the ground,plus if you came by coach you would go straight to the ground. Opposite the ground is the Lavington panthers sports Club which is fully licensed and has a restaraunt with very affordable meals etc. Another advantage of coming by coach is that you would probably be back ib Melbourne by 10.30pm if the coach left the ground an hour after the game. I might point out that the full return fare from Melbourne to Albury is about $66 so you should be able to fill a coach with fares approx $50 which is very competetive with the train fare and is direct to the ground. I have just been looking at the countrylink site and it states there are no Trains on sundays( track maintanence )the service is by coach, but this may change. Is there no organising group or committee among the active groups ? Taxi fares from the station to the Lavington sports ground would be in the region of $25.

Edited by johnno cpfc
  • Like 1

Even if you wanted to walk from Dean St this map do's not show the big hill that this road go's over i estimate the walk would take you at least 1.5 hours and you would be knackered after it

phw1529.png

I don't really know the pub scene in Lavi but somewhere there'd probably be a better place to go than Dean Street if a march is going ahead

• 3 months later...

What's the go with trains? Apparently the last one doesn't leave long after the match.

5.20 I think, kick-off is at 3 so it'd definitely be pushing itYeh thought it was something like that. Would be ace if we could get some sort of confirmation as it's only a fortnight away.

Otherwise, http://youtube.com/watch?v=EnJEeHND_lQ

Edited by Footballism
  • Like 1