Melbourne Football

City v Reds - Tuesday 11th August 7:30pm at ANZ Stadium

IssySG

3 minutes ago, moops said:

?

Alex King played for Adelaide tonight.

3 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

Speedy absolutely right, ref adds on an extra 60 seconds just so they can have another corner, should've let another 10 more seconds for JMac to take a touch and bang it into an empty net 

Jmac just said the ref told him 30 seconds and then blew the whistle when he received the ball.

Edited by Mr MO

Completely and utterly collapsed after a stupid and unnecessary challenge by noone. Honestly, if we don't get second place this cunts moment of madness may have cost us.

Not all bad however, as we were in control of the game up until that point, I Think theirs lots of positives especially our midfield which was quite good tonight.

The only other thing I'll say is that I have very little confidence in Tom Glover. Yes, the bloke can make some ripping saves but he has no control of his box. He almost never comes off his line and when he does, does not look comfortable at all.

Let's go newy, hopefully they smash Wellington.

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Completely and utterly collapsed after a stupid and unnecessary challenge by noone. Honestly, if we don't get second place this cunts moment of madness may have cost us.

Not all bad however, as we were in control of the game up until that point, I Think theirs lots of positives especially our midfield which was quite good tonight.

The only other thing I'll say is that I have very little confidence in Tom Glover. Yes, the bloke can make some ripping saves but he has no control of his box. He almost never comes off his line and when he does, does not look comfortable at all.

Let's go newy, hopefully they smash Wellington.

Tonight certainly wasn’t confidence booster for Glover.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Jmac just said they ref told him 30 seconds and then blew the whistle he received the ball.

Yep saw that. Personally saw no reason for King to let play go on for more than 95 minutes, but if your going to add on time just to allow the team coming from behind to have more chances than they deserve only fair to do the same for us.  

1st half (other than Wales) ✔

2nd half:

• Poor by Noone, an unnecessary challenge

• Clearly no 10 v 11 at training,  we sat way to deep and let Adelaide have way too much of the ball. At 2 up attack was probably the best form of defence,  at least until you concede one

• the commentators were a fkn disgrace

The main positive is that Adelaide are likely to miss the finals.  Fuck em' 

• Like 1

Well here's hoping Western United get the 3 points and knock Adelaide out. Carl Veart a total sour puss in the post match interview on Fox, kidding himself if he thinks they dominated the entire match. Enjoy 7th buddy 

Edited by Dezy94
  • Like 2

The commentators were infuriating tonight. So ridiculously biased in favour of Adelaide it was disgusting.

Andy Harper has no clue what he is talking about, yet carries himself with an unbearable amount of smug self confidence it's baffling.

Brenton Speed is the worst Sports commentator I have ever listened too, an absolute fuckwit of the highest order.

Absolutely fucking robbed tonight, 12 v 10 for a solid 30 mins in the second half.

3 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

Well here's hoping Western United get the 3 points and knock Adelaide out. Carl Veart a total sour puss in the post match interview on Fox, kidding himself if he thinks they dominated the entire match. Enjoy 7th buddy 

Carl Veart is fucking delusional, Adelaide deserved nothing tonight.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

I like how Adam Peacock at the end said something along the lines of, "Melbourne City went all Melbourne Heart..." Ahhh, those were the days 💗

Was watching the game with a friend and I was explaining the history of the club. We were 2-0 up and he said "well looks like things have finally changed" I said "well, if anyone can fuck this up, we can"

11 hours ago, TJV said:

The commentators were infuriating tonight. So ridiculously biased in favour of Adelaide it was disgusting.

Andy Harper has no clue what he is talking about, yet carries himself with an unbearable amount of smug self confidence it's baffling.

Brenton Speed is the worst Sports commentator I have ever listened too, an absolute fuckwit of the highest order.

Absolutely fucking robbed tonight, 12 v 10 for a solid 30 mins in the second half.

Carl Veart is fucking delusional, Adelaide deserved nothing tonight.

Harper has been anit City for as long as I can remember so what do you expect?

Disappointing result given we were 2 goals to the good.

Rubbish red card or not, quality teams and quality players take any situation by the scruff of the neck.

Considering all teams have been either poor or inconsistent, I'm not sure if we should read too much into that last 30 min (or however long after Noone was sent for a bath) given we have been really solid for 150ish minutes of our 180 minutes so far since restart.

from reading the a league regulations, it should only be a one game suspension for Noone - unless of course the Match Review panel want to make a seriously bullshit upgrade. very lucky boy.

12 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

2nd half:

• Clearly no 10 v 11 at training,  we sat way to deep and let Adelaide have way too much of the ball. At 2 up attack was probably the best form of defence,  at least until you concede one

I swear Harper has something against us. Always anti-Heart/City since day 1.

And did anyone listen to Car Veart's interview at the end? "I thought we controlled the whole game from start to finish" LOL!!

• Thanks 1

Comments.

Absolutely stupid tackle by Noone.

Pretty harsh decision by the ref. to blow for time at the moment he did.

I see these second half fade-outs as Mombaerts' biggest challenge into the future - we can't go on doing it if we want to be consistently successful.

48 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Because our club is cursed.

Remember when last year we went out of the finals to a scorpion kick, had every marquee (or most) signings have some type of significant injury and now we've made the ACL when most likely it won't be played.

That's why I'm more confident then ever we'll win it this year. Of course we'd win it the year the world's falling apart and no one can attend the games.

Melbourne City 2019/2020 champs.

Edited by kingofhearts

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

Noone's red card reminds me of Novillo's red card in the last round against Reds. Hopefully,  the situation will be different and he will be able to play in the semis.

Hmm Novillos was a definite red card, and imo whilst a shit tackle, Noones was almost definitely not a red card.

21 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

2nd half:

Pretty much this. All over them whilst it was XI vs XI, but we looked clueless with X, clearly haven’t practiced it much.
The ref won’t want to watch a replay of that game. Terrible performance.

As long as we can keep XI on the field we are going to be tough to beat.

• Like 1