Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Should've just signed McGrath tbh. He'll be just as hungry to prove himself and to cement his spot in the side (by scoring many goals) and we could profit more in the long run from a 22yo than a 32yo.

In saying that if Mifsud can score +15 goals this season I'll shut up! haha

But because McGrath is young, one good season and he'd be gone.

I think now there is doubt he will sign. Would be an even bigger back flip then LuCa$h.

What really pisses me off now is the fact the club are to FINALLY play a home friendly against A League opposition where we can go n see the boys n Mifsud on the field and when do they fixture it??

AT BLOODY 3PM ON A FUCKIN FRIDAY!!!!!!

Don't the club realize that people actually work?? Would it be so hard to make it a 6:00 or 7:00 start.

Edited by [LIBBA]

I think now there is doubt he will sign. Would be an even bigger back flip then LuCa$h.

What really pisses me off now is the fact the club are to FINALLY play a home friendly against A League opposition where we can go n see the boys n Mifsud on the field and when do they fixture it??

Don't the club realize that people actually work?? Would it be so hard to make it a 6:00 or 7:00 start.

And at Epping. Virtually inaccessible by public transport. And a nightmare to get to by car for many people. Surely we could find a suitable metro ground (Richmond?) and kick-off at 7.30 p.m.?

There's time to change the venue and time - get on with it MHFC.

Should've just signed McGrath tbh. 

It may be that had Engelaar not been injured we would not have signed Kisnorbo, and that would have left a place for McGrath as well as Mifsud.

Aside from that, if we took some action on one or two of the list-cloggers we would have more flexibility.

Edited by jw1739

" post="125380" timestamp="1379205041"]

And at Epping. Virtually inaccessible by public transport. And a nightmare to get to by car for many people. Surely we could find a suitable metro ground (Richmond?) and kick-off at 7.30 p.m.?

There's time to change the venue and time - get on with it MHFC.

It might be too late now and i don't think they'll give a shit about what i have to say,but I might email the club and ask why they wouldn't consider moving the game at a better time.

I think a venue change might be pretty hard to do but surely a time change is possible

The games are to build match fitness and work on game plans etc. playing them in the day is the only way to simulate match conditions. Also grounds are used on weekends and opponents are playing weekends too.

Deal with it. Miss out on pre-season matches and have a fit team to watch during the season!

So how did all the other A League clubs this weekend find grounds to play on yesterday??

I reckon Caddy's point that it gives Adelaide a chance to go straight home is probably the main reason they are playing at 3 which I guess is fair enough and make sense.

I'm extremely interested in seeing if JA is smart enough to have the team play the ball on the deck to suite Mifsud's strengths. I know we shouldn't be changing our game style for just one player, but any reasons a good reason if it stops us playing that shit ass long ball crap

• Like 1

The games are to build match fitness and work on game plans etc. playing them in the day is the only way to simulate match conditions. Also grounds are used on weekends and opponents are playing weekends too.

Deal with it. Miss out on pre-season matches and have a fit team to watch during the season!

So how did all the other A League clubs this weekend find grounds to play on yesterday??

I reckon Caddy's point that it gives Adelaide a chance to go straight home is probably the main reason they are playing at 3 which I guess is fair enough and make sense.

I'm extremely interested in seeing if JA is smart enough to have the team play the ball on the deck to suite Mifsud's strengths. I know we shouldn't be changing our game style for just one player, but any reasons a good reason if it stops us playing that shit ass long ball crap

I always thought our stated aim was to play attractive football to me that means not hoofing it up the park. Hopefully with a few more technically gifted players in our side this year we can see this,

I always thought our stated aim was to play attractive football to me that means not hoofing it up the park. Hopefully with a few more technically gifted players in our side this year we can see this,

Can't agree more.

Lets hope JA can get it right this year cause the way I look at it with the signings we've made this season, the club have put a lot of faith in him to finally push us forward and contend this year.

I will put my hand up and say I have been one that has been extremely critical of the club not really showing much ambition the last 3 seasons, but now I see that the only thing the club was doing was making sure that when we did make a few signings like we have now to really push for the title, that the club be stable and to be the next Fury or GCU

• Like 1

If this isn't confirmed in the next few days we should be worried, will be suprised if he doesn't come now but. Anyone know how McGrath went for the tards?

From what I read in an article, he's already left Malta for Melbourne today so I reckon we'll hear the announcement in a couple of days.

The club haven't announced it cause they want to do it on there own terms officially and not have the media do it for them which is fair enough.

Gotta say I have tears in my eyes (at my age) over this. Not Maltese at all, but I reckon that this bloke could do the business for us on and off the field.

Lol how embarrassing.

You're crying because we got a player you "reckon can do the business for us". Jesus Christ mate, tidy the fuck up.

I won't say he put me to tears with happiness but I tell ya what, I've been walking on cloud 9 all weekend knowing that Mifsud will be wearing the red and white.

Im pumped big time and its just great to see my Maltese Victard supporter mates shattered at the thought of him playing for us. Just puys a nice big smile on my face :D

• Like 1

Ambition? tears in eyes? are you guys retarded? We've signed a Victory reject who's old and no one likes and now a guy from the Maltese premier league who isn't even big enough to go on the mad mouse. Fold the club it's embarrassing.

Mate are you seriously taking the piss here or just retarded???

What's the size of a bloke got to do with it?? Messi is 5'7 and so easy Maradona. Not saying Mifsud is anywhere near (of coarse) but it shows size doesn't matter.

Plus have u seen him play???

Obviously not

• Like 1

Ambition? tears in eyes? are you guys retarded? We've signed a Victory reject who's old and no one likes and now a guy from the Maltese premier league who isn't even big enough to go on the mad mouse. Fold the club it's embarrassing.

Mate are you seriously taking the piss here or just retarded???

What's the size of a bloke got to do with it?? Messi is 5'7 and so easy Maradona. Not saying Mifsud is anywhere near (of coarse) but it shows size doesn't matter.

Plus have u seen him play???

Obviously not

Moral of the story? Fuck off freeze time.

• Like 1

:redcard:

New smiley is SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Mifsud 'just a medical away...'

By Aidan Ormond

Sep 16 2013 01:36

EXCLUSIVE: Maltese great Michael Mifsud is just a medical away from confirming a deal with Melbourne Heart and is poised to fly in to the southern capital this week.

It’s understood the legendary Malta international striker hasn’t officially signed for the A-League club but that appears to be only a formality now.

A medical in Europe is the last box to be ticked before the former Coventry City forward flies into Melbourne over the coming days.

Sources suggest the marquee deal is around $300,000 a season for two seasons, which could make Mifsud the bargain of the season if he provides Heart with a much-needed supply of goals this campaign.

Already there is a buzz amongst Melbourne’s Maltese community ahead of the anticipated arrival of the all-time highest scorer for Malta.

Around 40% of Maltese in Australia reside in Victoria, which should give Heart a significant boost at the turnstiles should Mifsud, as expected, line up for the club. 

Edited by Murfy1

Strange article as it mentions him as a marquee and has two years for his contract, both of which I thought were contradicted in earlier press.

To be honest, i dont mind the idea of 2 years.

I think the term 'marquee is being used very loosly. He would be a marquee signing for the club as in name and a crowd drawer, but not officially a 'marquee' on the books if that makes any sense at all

Strange article as it mentions him as a marquee and has two years for his contract, both of which I thought were contradicted in earlier press.

I think the term 'marquee is being used very loosly. He would be a marquee signing for the club as in name and a crowd drawer, but not officially a 'marquee' on the books if that makes any sense at all

I don't think two years is a bad call either, I was just surprised by the use of the word marquee is all.

I don't think two years is a bad call either, I was just surprised by the use of the word marquee is all.

I wasnt having a go at all. I was more saying that i hope that this article is correct with the 2 years, but its more my Maltese bias saying that lol.

Honestly though, i've seen him play a few times for Malta live and on the Tele and i think he will do wonders for us. He's a finisher and not only does he have a ping from outside the box, he gets himself in constant scoring positions which is everything we have lacked in a striker.

Big things can come in small packages and i think this applies to Mifsud :)

"Sources suggest the marquee deal is around $300,000 a season for two seasons"

If that is correct then this is not a marquee deal. This is purely a way of paying someone outside the ridiculously low salary cap.

To put this in true perspective, $300k a year is nothing special in the AFL, and in contrast professional footballers around the world where there is no salary cap get paid much more than AFL footballers.   

I wasnt having a go at all. I was more saying that i hope that this article is correct with the 2 years, but its more my Maltese bias saying that lol.

Honestly though, i've seen him play a few times for Malta live and on the Tele and i think he will do wonders for us. He's a finisher and not only does he have a ping from outside the box, he gets himself in constant scoring positions which is everything we have lacked in a striker.

Big things can come in small packages and i think this applies to Mifsud :)

You may have answered this before but being a Maltese bloke how many extra memberships do you expect this to bring us? How many mates of yours will be signing up? Or will most just go to 1 or 2 games?