Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

But Melbourne Victory will be without Fahid Ben Khalfallah for Saturday’s blockbuster against Western Sydney at Etihad Stadium after the A-League’s Match Review Panel on Monday night enforced the minimum one-match ban on the winger having been sent off against Perth.

Who gives a fuck. How does this shit make its way in this article.  Matt Windley you victree sympathising cunt. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How do people feel about PK being re-signed for next season? I reckon he's OK, puts in a genuine shift despite being held together by tape.

I definitely think he's earned it. With Wilkinson in now and Chapman coming back he may struggle to start, but would provide fantastic cover and is still a great leader.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

How do people feel about PK being re-signed for next season? I reckon he's OK, puts in a genuine shift despite being held together by tape.

For mine, it comes down to how his body holds up after the season has finished.

If he is in good shape and can go again, I think I would keep him on - but perhaps not as a guaranteed starter.

Blokes tough as nails and even though he gets slaughtered on here every week because he can't pass out of the back like mooy defends every ball like it's his last and would be a bloke you'd happily follow into war with. Hes also 35 turning 36 i believe and has played more games this season then any other CB we have currently on our team (even though lately he looks like a mummy with the amount of tape that he is wearing he still plays every week unlike another certain CB...)

10 year contract and statue outside of aami park

• Like 3

I'd say his next season depends on the new coach. I don't think it will be much his choice unless he's struggling to get up each week. 

He doesn't suit our attempted style but I reackon he's a perfect fit for how Perth plays.

Nevertheless he has been very good and when he does leave he will be missed. He actually plays for the jumper and puts in unreservedly. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

He has started coaching as well. Maybe like a player/assistant

I'd keep him around and encourage him to move into a role like that. We need more Clint Bolton types: guys are fairly recognisable players that identify themselves as Melbourne City people after they retire.

When we play a derby or another big game, it looks like some of our players are still a bit intimidated by the antics of players like FBK and Berisha. I think we definitely need guys like Kisnorbo and Clisby in the squad that won't take a backwards step.

Big respect for the guy. But next season needs to be a back up player if he remains here. Fight tooth and nail to keep Wilkinson and get rid of Hughes. Then do what we should have prior to this season and sign a quality visa centre back that will be the best defender in the league. Reinforce areas up front and in the midfield that are needed. Bring in a new coach and then win the league. 

Good servant of the club and plays for the shirt. I agree we should keep him around as a reserve. Good egg to have in the locker room. But people on here need to be real. Has played the most games in one of the worst defences in the league. Not all his fault but his lack of speed and poor passing has played a massive role in that. Just my two cents. People judge his passion and not his play.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 22 February 2016 at 10:59 AM, jw1739 said:

I would have said "no way" earlier but after watching him tonight I'm starting to wonder. The only question is, can we buy enough tape?

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Kisnorbo retires after 16 years, will stay with City as youth coach

May 1, 2016

Michael Lynch

Melbourne City skipper Patrick Kisnorbo is hanging up his boots, the 35-year-old announcing on Sunday that he was retiring from the professional game after a 16-year career that saw him play in Australia, England, Scotland and for the Socceroos.

Kisnorbo's game was characterised by his uncompromising approach, and he displayed that quality in his 76 appearances in the three seasons he played at City.

He will remain at the City Football Academy and begin a new chapter in his career, taking up a coaching position in the Club's youth system.

"For any footballer, the day you announce your retirement is inevitably a sad one," Kisnorbo said in a statement.

"But it also a time to reflect on your career as a whole, your achievements and I think now is the right time for me to step back and embark on a new challenge.

"My time in the A-League has been fantastic... the transition to coaching will be an exciting one; I've always wanted to move into coaching and it was just a matter of when that time was going to be."

Kisnorbo began his career in the NSL with South Melbourne as a teenage centre-half, moving to Scottish Premier League club Hearts in 2003.

He eventually moved down to England, playing at Leeds United and Leicester City, captaining the latter during their time in the Championship.

He also won 18 Australian caps and would most likely have made the squad for the 2010 World Cup but for injury. 

Melbourne City  Coach John van 't Schip said:  "Patrick has been a loyal servant of our club and has had an incredibly successful and distinguished career in Australia and overseas. 

"Considering his attributes as a leader and experienced professional, we are confident Patrick will transition into his coaching role well."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/aleague-patrick--kisnorbo-retires-after-16-years-will-stay-with-city-as-youth-coach-20160501-gojie2.html

• Like 3