Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

Looks like he will play some sort of role in the pre season game tomorrow afternoon, which is great stuff to get him in so quickly.

If heart have any common sence they'll hold him out. If he were to go down we would be totally fucked.

Absolutely.

Let's not stuff things up again. But JA is such a slow learner...it took him 45 minutes at Oakleigh to realise that McGrath wasn't on the field...

Looks like he will play some sort of role in the pre season game tomorrow afternoon, which is great stuff to get him in so quickly.

That reeks of Engelaar.

Exactly what I was thinking... "it's disappointing because he just got off the plane..."

:droy:

So what if it reeks of Engelaar. That injury was a freak accident, nothing to do with how long ago they got off the plane. 

The sooner he starts getting used to his teammates the better for mine. 

If the fitness staff deem him fit and the coaching staff think he will benefit from getting into the swing of it early then whats the problem? I wasn't aware that there was a correlation between air travel and getting hurt in sporting events days later. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting read. A bit different to what has been reported elsewhere in the media.

"Kisnorbo was called up by his former Leeds United manager Simon Grayson to train with Preston North End in the off-season and retain fitness while he searched for a new club.

He was then offered a deal by the club along with a number of Championship sides, but Kisnorbo decided it was best for him and his family to return home."

• Like 1

That reeks of Engelaar.

Exactly what I was thinking... "it's disappointing because he just got off the plane..."

:droy:

So what if it reeks of Engelaar. That injury was a freak accident, nothing to do with how long ago they got off the plane. 

The sooner he starts getting used to his teammates the better for mine. 

If the fitness staff deem him fit and the coaching staff think he will benefit from getting into the swing of it early then whats the problem? I wasn't aware that there was a correlation between air travel and getting hurt in sporting events days later. 

It was a freak accident, I'm not denying that. I just hope the fitness staff make sure he's 100% before we throw him in, we've had a shocking injury run over the years regardless of Orlando's injury.

The fact he's been training with Preston North End is already a great start but I guess I'm just anxious as he is an injury prone player.

This is an interesting read. A bit different to what has been reported elsewhere in the media.

"Kisnorbo was called up by his former Leeds United manager Simon Grayson to train with Preston North End in the off-season and retain fitness while he searched for a new club.

He was then offered a deal by the club along with a number of Championship sides, but Kisnorbo decided it was best for him and his family to return home."

And he says:

“I just wanted to get back and play as many games as I can. Why not come back home and play with a great club, a great coach and great players.”

Let me hear that again, A GREAT CLUB, A GREAT COACH AND GREAT PLAYERS :up:

Silverware is ours this year folks :tooth:

Nice interview that. Go get 'em Patrick.

Edited by Peter

Stoked with this signing. Melbourne boy and only 32 he should at least have a good 3 years left in his legs barring any injury so i think he will be here for a while. 

Must say though that I'm not as confident in Gerhardt in CDM as the rest of you. At CB he would tackle and win the ball then pass it off (generally backwards) to someone else who would then play forward. Which was fine and was why he was one of our best players last season. Im just not sure if we want another season where our CDM always plays backwards. i.e. Thompson

Stoked with this signing. Melbourne boy and only 32 he should at least have a good 3 years left in his legs barring any injury so i think he will be here for a while. 

Must say though that I'm not as confident in Gerhardt in CDM as the rest of you. At CB he would tackle and win the ball then pass it off (generally backwards) to someone else who would then play forward. Which was fine and was why he was one of our best players last season. Im just not sure if we want another season where our CDM always plays backwards. i.e. Thompson

Kalmar can be a more than capable back-up CDM if Gerhardt fails in the role. He has the passing ability but needs to be more aggressive defensively

Kalmar can be a more than capable back-up CDM if Gerhardt fails in the role. He has the passing ability but needs to be more aggressive defensively

Never saw enough from Kalmar to show he'd be a useful defensive midfielder, tried and failed there last year.

• Like 1

Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo! Just when I thought our defence was needing more depth, Heart sign Patty Kisnorbo! My faith is renewed, and although I want Orlando back asap this signing will be a great compensation until he returns. The best part is that one of my workmates is a diehard mong and Leeds Utd supporter...one those c u next tuesdays who have recently taunted me with "Who have you got?" I can now say "One of your own cunty hahaha!" Today is a good day to be a Heart fan!

• Like 3

Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo! Just when I thought our defence was needing more depth, Heart sign Patty Kisnorbo! My faith is renewed, and although I want Orlando back asap this signing will be a great compensation until he returns. The best part is that one of my workmates is a diehard mong and Leeds Utd supporter...one those c u next tuesdays who have recently taunted me with "Who have you got?" I can now say "One of your own cunty hahaha!" Today is a good day to be a Heart fan!

"One of your own cunty".

Outrageous haha.

Like the rest of the team, Gerhardt suffered from JA's table football coaching as did all players in the spine of Heart's team. The wide players seemed to be the only ones with freedom to move. Those playing in the centre appeared to freeze any time they moved slightly out of their allocated zone.

I saw a bit to like from Gerhardt coming forward last season which indicated to me that with a bit of freedom, and confidence in the players around him, he would have no problem as CDM.

• Like 1

Must say though that I'm not as confident in Gerhardt in CDM as the rest of you. At CB he would tackle and win the ball then pass it off (generally backwards) to someone else who would then play forward. Which was fine and was why he was one of our best players last season. Im just not sure if we want another season where our CDM always plays backwards. i.e. Thompson

Never saw enough from Kalmar to show he'd be a useful defensive midfielder, tried and failed there last year. Agreed

If Kalmar could play such a role then JA would not have listed DM as a priority in recruiting drive b4 last and this season.

for me, part of the lure is just that; Gerhardt could actually win the ball - we didnt really have that last season from our midfielders.  way too often they just went missing when we lost the ball.

don't know about others, but some of the fouls Gerhardt gave away last season were very midfieldish - it was almost always get the ball or get theplayer (something fine when done up the park but was done a couple times too many in front of goal).

[Kisnorbo:] “I just wanted to get back and play as many games as I can. Why not come back home and play with a great club, a great coach and great players.”

I think this statement from Kisnorbo is a reminder that players like him, Kewell and Garcia (at least last season) are happy to play under Aloisi. It seems that Aloisi can attract Socceroos to Heart, and although this doesn't necessarily compensate for his inexperience as a coach, it's something you've got to give him credit for.

• Like 3

[Kisnorbo:] “I just wanted to get back and play as many games as I can. Why not come back home and play with a great club, a great coach and great players.”

I think this statement from Kisnorbo is a reminder that players like him, Kewell and Garcia (at least last season) are happy to play under Aloisi. It seems that Aloisi can attract Socceroos to Heart, and although this doesn't necessarily compensate for his inexperience as a coach, it's something you've got to give him credit for.

Grella also

• Like 1

Getting a massive good feeling about this signing. Could be one of our best yet. Hopefully does well, stays fit and can sign on for another season.

How good does he look! 

32's a great age to get him too, he's still got years left in him so I'm absolutely pumped! Just praying he stays fit but as he said, he's been injury-free for a year and a half now so fingers crossed  ;)