Melbourne Football

Patrick Kisnorbo - most swol manager in the league

Jimmy

16 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Another one heading into their 4th season so percentage of income will be outside the cap due loyalty bonus. Jamo the same 

Well we have no idea what next seasons cap looks like, so that loyalty bonus might not even be available to use.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a large group of those 24-30yr old aus players leave and head overseas. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

He’s done his apprenticeship what more could he prove. That’s what you call apprenticeship. Youth, WLeague, gone over to NYC and Man City and first team assistant for 2-3 years 

8949C072-E658-450F-860B-2DD432CD6B30.jpeg

5E1C4457-6C44-45E7-B440-F9AFD6497C4A.jpeg

Thank you for the collage.

I am well aware of his apprenticeship/experience and I am not saying that I am expecting him to fail. I just have concerns, as our fan base has a long history of making excuses and accepting mediocrity. We saw the difference a coach can make in one season under mombaerts. We need to start demanding more than 'close enough'. 

Who knows- maybe (hopefully) Paddy is going to smash it. I just feel it's a bit of a risky move at a pivotal time for the club.

One great thing to come out of that cluster fuck of a season is the unity and belief that we can win. We need to capitalize on that. If the next manager cant deliver (no matter who they are) it's going to undo everything that was built 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Thank you for the collage.

I am well aware of his apprenticeship/experience and I am not saying that I am expecting him to fail. I just have concerns, as our fan base has a long history of making excuses and accepting mediocrity. We saw the difference a coach can make in one season under mombaerts. We need to start demanding more than 'close enough'. 

Who knows- maybe (hopefully) Paddy is going to smash it. I just feel it's a bit of a risky move at a pivotal time for the club.

One great thing to come out of that cluster fuck of a season is the unity and belief that we can win. We need to capitalize on that. If the next manager cant deliver (no matter who they are) it's going to undo everything that was built 

It’s much harder to pull the upwards line through with an external coach, he will have his own way of working.

Paddy knows how Mombearts worked, what doesn’t and what does work, and can follow through with the strategy set out. I see this as the best way forward to create consistency this club and team needs. Unless we are looking at an Australian coach, going local and internally also fits the budget constraints we are likely to face.

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It’s much harder to pull the upwards line through with an external coach, he will have his own way of working.

Paddy knows how Mombearts worked, what doesn’t and what does work, and can follow through with the strategy set out. I see this as the best way forward to create consistently this club and team needs. Unless we are looking at an Australian coach, going local and internally also fits the budget constraints we are likely to face.

Guess we will have to wait and find out 

I also think that we should be careful that we don't put Mombaerts on too high a pedestal. We qualified for the ACL qualifiers, yes, but we didn't win a trophy. In the League we beat only three teams more than once - Central Coast(2), Newcastle(2), and Western United(4). In the Cup we beat WSW.

I see no reason why Kisnorbo should not be expected to match Mombaerts in his first season and then take us to trophies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I also think that we should be careful that we don't put Mombaerts on too high a pedestal. We qualified for the ACL qualifiers, yes, but we didn't win a trophy. In the League we beat only three teams more than once - Central Coast(2), Newcastle(2), and Western United(4). In the Cup we beat WSW.

C'mon, look where he took us in one season. He had an awful amount of work to do when he arrived, and he did it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Calling it now

I reckon Patty will play 4 2 1 3

2 def mid, 1 att mid, central wingers who also score.

Attacking

I reckon he will play wingers cutting inside similar to 15/16 and 16/17 where Novillo, Brandan, Fitzy and Kamau used to.

I think when attacking, we will play our wingers centrally while out full backs run all the way forward with one of our def mid staying back to cover.

As for our defense. We will play a lot deeper similar to Mombaets this season. This will allow options in the middle when attacking so we dont keep longballing out on the wing. With 2 def mid and 4 back when defending. It will be hard to break us. 

Im probably full of shit but hey...just giving my opinion on how Patty could play as he he been assistant under 4 managers pretty much and seen strenghth and weaknesses 

1 hour ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Calling it now

I reckon Patty will play 4 2 1 3

2 def mid, 1 att mid, central wingers who also score.

Attacking

I reckon he will play wingers cutting inside similar to 15/16 and 16/17 where Novillo, Brandan, Fitzy and Kamau used to.

I think when attacking, we will play our wingers centrally while out full backs run all the way forward with one of our def mid staying back to cover.

As for our defense. We will play a lot deeper similar to Mombaets this season. This will allow options in the middle when attacking so we dont keep longballing out on the wing. With 2 def mid and 4 back when defending. It will be hard to break us. 

Im probably full of shit but hey...just giving my opinion on how Patty could play as he he been assistant under 4 managers pretty much and seen strenghth and weaknesses 

Your system will only work with a top class attacking midfielder as he is on his own, we currently don’t have one and never had one since Mooy left. The system Mombaerts played seemed to be a copy of Man City with Florin/Luna in the KvdB and Silva/Gundo roles (expect for the last CL game were they played with 2 DMs). I’m  not sure if they give Paddy the freedom.

Edited by Mr MO

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IssySG said:

It would seem that the pressure is really on PK this season. He has a very good squad at his disposal, it'll be interesting to see what he can get out of it.

Here's hoping for the best. Up the City Boys

As it stands with the squad on paper he certainly has nowhere to hide for expectations/excuses... 

• Thanks 1

To me this appointment is a gamble forced upon the club by Covid. 
Personally I think it’s ridiculous to expect that “a pass” for a novice manager is to win the league, any novice who can win a league first up is likely to be destined for greatness. 
Id expect in normal times Paddy would have to leave to get his chance, but in the current mess, he is probably the best of quite limited options.

Hopefully he’ll learn quickly and be buoyed by coming up against a lot of other novice managers. 

14 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

To me this appointment is a gamble forced upon the club by Covid. 
Personally I think it’s ridiculous to expect that “a pass” for a novice manager is to win the league, any novice who can win a league first up is likely to be destined for greatness. 
Id expect in normal times Paddy would have to leave to get his chance, but in the current mess, he is probably the best of quite limited options.

Hopefully he’ll learn quickly and be buoyed by coming up against a lot of other novice managers. 

Corica did