Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

Will the club release and make public the news on O'Halloran's injury. Or will they keep it in house.

Will the club release and make public the news on O'Halloran's injury. Or will they keep it in house.

If you say it enough it times they may just get the point and release and make public the news on O'Halloran's injury

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

A week has passed still no word. I would normally take this to mean there is no injury to talk about. But I have just seen that he is not in the team photo posted on the facebook page. Strange!

Just forget about it. You wont get any word from the team until the first 16 man squad is announced for RD1.

If MOH isn't listed under injuries, but is still absent from the squad, then you know he is in trouble and most likely will disappear into the City abyss (see La Rocca and Kilkenny as examples).

20 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

A week has passed still no word. I would normally take this to mean there is no injury to talk about. But I have just seen that he is not in the team photo posted on the facebook page. Strange!

@Inchcolm He was away from the club for a week as per the information in the O'Halloran thread. 

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC in the past one or two players have been given time off for personal reasons.

If it is personal reasons I can see the need for silence. He should be back in training on Friday this week or Monday next week. I hope he is spotted in training and someone can finally put an end end this injury talk. 

47 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

If it is personal reasons I can see the need for silence. He should be back in training on Friday this week or Monday next week. I hope he is spotted in training and someone can finally put an end end this injury talk. 

I thought you were his relative? You should have his contact details :P

• 4 weeks later...

Was at training briefly earlier, spoke with Malik he says 1-2 games and he’ll be back. Was training with balls away from group.

O’halloran training away from group, no balls or boots was running at good pace with on trainer.

Rest of group looked sharp playing a game, with Wazza in the middle barking orders.

B05B99A3-1A8B-46BB-AAB0-05BA4DB1355D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ABC123 said:

Was at training briefly earlier, spoke with Malik he says 1-2 games and he’ll be back. Was training with balls away from group.

O’halloran training away from group, no balls or boots was running at good pace with on trainer.

Rest of group looked sharp playing a game, with Wazza in the middle barking orders.

B05B99A3-1A8B-46BB-AAB0-05BA4DB1355D.jpeg

As I said in another thread, I don't think the 12 week diagnosis for MOH was just for the injury. It would be injury + getting back to fitness.

8 weeks injury (no/light ball work), 4 weeks getting back to fitness.

I think we will see him on the bench for the Christmas derby

Edited by haz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

So. 
we have our 2 highest paid players and another import out injured.

Not exactly a great situation 

That’s been happening for many years now unfortunately. It’s only a wet dream to field a team with 5 impressive visa imports including 2 worthy marquees. 

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

I know this may be crazy and could drastically effect Einsteins theory of special relativity, but could we sign Germano as an injury replacement for Berenguer? 

The Germano Treatment Centre is full. There are no more couches left for Jonaton Germano, besides, if he were to step inside his own treatment centre again, the presence of a Germano inside a Germano would collapse the universe into a quantum singularity

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Anything on the niggle of Nabbout?

Normal crickets. Paddy kind of indicated in the post game interview he wasn’t so much as injured as a tactical sub. I’ve chosen not to believe him.

As for Jamo that “knock” must have been from a friggin truck.

• Like 1