Melbourne Football

Player injuries

Cinnamon

Can this get stickied/pinned?

I'll keep updating when I can. All injury related discussion welcome in here and feel free to advise on the player list aswell.

No. Position Player
1 GK Andrew Redmayne - fit
3 DF Rob Wielaert - fit
4 DF Connor Chapman - fit
5 MF Erik Paartalu - fit
6 MF Aaron Mooy - fit
7 MF Iain Ramsay - fit
8 MF Massimo Murdocca - Feb 2015 (ankle)
10 MF Robbie Koren - fit
11 FW Damien Duff - fit
13 MF Jonatan Germano - fit
14 FW James Brown - fit
15 FW David Williams - fit

16 FW Josh Kennedy - Feb 2015 (unfit/back) 
17 DF Jason Hoffman - Feb 2015 (back strain)
18 MF Paulo Retre - fit
19 MF Ben Garuccio - fit
20 GK Tando Velaphi - fit
21 MF Stefan Mauk - fit
23 FW Mate Dugandžić - fit
24 DF Patrick Kisnorbo - fit
25 MF Jacob Melling - fit
26 FW Marc Marino - fit
27. DF Ross Archibald - fit

Edited by Cinnamon
Updated

Is Kalmars injury back related? He was out for ages and had surgery once before didn't he?

Germano seems very fragile

Didn't know about Weilart, what's happened there?

I read Engelaar is a shin knock so fingers crossed all's ok.

Not a good start to this season injury wise looking at that list, some key names there. Infact we seem to have had it pretty bad most seasons it feels. Could it be that our training facilities aren't helping?

Edited by Cinnamon

Good idea for a thread. 

The latest on Engelaar seems to be a Melbourne Heart tweet made around an hour ago:

Engelaar received a knock to his shin and doesn't appear to be too serious. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery

And a tweet from Scott Munn, also tweeted around an hour ago:

he is okay. 0-1 down. Second half just started

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1165261/Engelaar-suffers-suspected-broken-leg

Posted on TWG at approx 8:30pm, JAs quote doesn't sound good.

The quote in that article originates from an article written by Marco Monteverde that was published at 6:51pm. The original article is in the pre-season friendlies thread (page 23).

Edited by Murfy1

Still holding hope its a bruised shin. They didn't have to stretcher him off so holding faith even if its is a break, its only minor

Sounds like a bruised shin then. Pretty sure you can't place any weight on any type of leg fracture.

He was assisted off the field by Stefanuto. I've had three broken legs (100% true, terribly fragile when I was younger) in my time (one of which was during a football match) and i just limped to the sideline myself without thinking the possibility of a broken leg. I was out for 10 weeks. I imagine a bloke like engelaar would have a good pain threshold, and of course the adrenalin will help ease the pain so i wouldn't rule out a fracture just yet. 

Still holding hope its a bruised shin. They didn't have to stretcher him off so holding faith even if its is a break, its only minor

Sounds like a bruised shin then. Pretty sure you can't place any weight on any type of leg fracture.

He was assisted off the field by Stefanuto. I've had three broken legs (100% true, terribly fragile when I was younger) in my time (one of which was during a football match) and i just limped to the sideline myself without thinking the possibility of a broken leg. I was out for 10 weeks. I imagine a bloke like engelaar would have a good pain threshold, and of course the adrenalin will help ease the pain so i wouldn't rule out a fracture just yet. 

10 weeks would be a good result in all reality if it is a fracture (he'd miss the first month of the season), if he at least managed to walk off without a stretcher then I doubt it's one that would be more than 3+ months.

Children heal a lot quicker than 30year olds.

Just trying to recap on a few things.

Alex Terra - persistent soft tissue injuries?

Jonatan Germano - suspect hamstrings and missed a lot of last season.

Nick Kalmar - missed a lot of last season with a back injury.

Klim Taseski - broken foot?

Mate Dugandzic - broken foot.

Fred - persistent hamstring problems.

Kristian Sarkies - broken leg after he'd signed for us but before he became our player.

Adrian Zahra - victim of that tackle.

Vince Grella - soft issue injuries and a gamble that didn't come off.

In the NYL - Stipo Andrijasevic - ACL

Now Orlando Engelaar.

Who have I missed who has had longer-term injuries? We do seem to have had a pretty bad run.

This happend a couple of weeks ago, before the richmond game I beleive

Oh really? 

I didn't know, I only just saw it pop up on the Fox Sports twitter feed and cried

Yeah there was speculation about why he wassnt playing and it came out he was injured. But it never seemed to be anything major.

• jw1739 unpinned this topic