Melbourne Football

13/14 Expectations - Get Excited

Caddy

Funny thing is no one who's not dressed in your color coded standard seems to be telling you how to dress so neck up mate and stop re hashing your simplistic view that we should be a sea of red and white cause clearly not everyone wants to dress head to toe in merch. Im aware people watch the home end but it's you who's having a whinge about people's clothes and not the army of people you say want the grand spectacle of people dressed the same as you. I'm telling you maybe you should focus on the game and not the appearance of your fellow terrace members it's getting old

• Like 1

Funny thing is no one who's not dressed in your color coded standard seems to be telling you how to dress so neck up mate and stop re hashing your simplistic view that we should be a sea of red and white cause clearly not everyone wants to dress head to toe in merch. Im aware people watch the home end but it's you who's having a whinge about people's clothes and not the army of people you say want the grand spectacle of people dressed the same as you. I'm telling you maybe you should focus on the game and not the appearance of your fellow terrace members it's getting old

I do find that some of these kids wearing thier polo's that stand in the front row and don't sing. That's the only problem I sometimes have with them but I don't give a fuck what they wear.

is it fair enough though? cause if you or someone else brings it up three months from now and we go through it all again i will be reminding you that you've said it's 'fair enough'.

enough nitpicking at fans whether it's a joke or not. welcome to have your opinion(s), i wouldn't say it doesn't bother me but you are entitled to it it's just best to keep it to yourself or those in your immediate vicinity rather than through a channel mostly populated with people who disagree (whether they partake or not).

You really need to work on your public speaking and debating skills my friend because I simply made a statement and it was a sarcastic statement at that.

I did not whinge at all and no I do not expect EVERYONE to be wearing Heart merch head to toe (and no, I don't do that) either. What I do expect is that I should be able to make a statement, voice my opinion and share my views on a public forum without everyone getting all so defensive. Just like Braveheart and Sash, you could've answered simply and maturely, instead of going on a typing rampage! 

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate!  ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it.

You really need to work on your public speaking and debating skills my friend because I simply made a statement and it was a sarcastic statement at that.

I did not whinge at all and no I do not expect EVERYONE to be wearing Heart merch head to toe (and no, I don't do that) either. What I do expect is that I should be able to make a statement, voice my opinion and share my views on a public forum without everyone getting all so defensive. Just like Braveheart and Sash, you could've answered simply and maturely, instead of going on a typing rampage!

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate! ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it. Jog on mate

is it fair enough though? cause if you or someone else brings it up three months from now and we go through it all again i will be reminding you that you've said it's 'fair enough'.

enough nitpicking at fans whether it's a joke or not. welcome to have your opinion(s), i wouldn't say it doesn't bother me but you are entitled to it it's just best to keep it to yourself or those in your immediate vicinity rather than through a channel mostly populated with people who disagree (whether they partake or not).

It's fair enough that they think that. They answered my question and I appreciate their point of view.

So most people in this channel disagree with me, that's also fair enough. Doesn't mean I have to stop voicing my opinion no matter how unpopular.

As I recall this isn't the "Yarraside Forum", this is the "Melbourne Heart Supporters" forum and I am a Melbourne Heart Supporter.

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate! ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it.A simple answer doesn't seem to work with you though does it? You seem to wanna bring up people's clothing choices as much as you can. Feel free to debate the point as much as you want but I'm done with your petty shit.

And if you're only here to discuss the club we all love and then discuss it, leave the running of yarraside to the yarraside

Edited by Boffins

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate! ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it. A simple answer doesn't seem to work with you though does it? You seem to wanna bring up people's clothing choices as much as you can. Feel free to debate the point as much as you want but I'm done with your petty shit.

And if you're only here to discuss the club we all love and then discuss it, leave the yarraside to the core

The only time I ever brought this "people's clothing choices" up in the past was in April and I got some backlash then so I thought I make joke about it tonight as a passing sarcastic statement and I get my head bitten off again! Lol

You guys need to relax. I don't understand why you get so worked up on this matter, I'm not bloody ordering you all to wear red and white, I just voiced my opinion that I think it'd look better! lol

So get off your high-horse Mr. leave the yarraside to the core! Core of what?

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate! ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it.A simple answer doesn't seem to work with you though does it? You seem to wanna bring up people's clothing choices as much as you can. Feel free to debate the point as much as you want but I'm done with your petty shit.

And if you're only here to discuss the club we all love and then discuss it, leave the yarraside to the core

The only time I ever brought this "people's clothing choices" up in the past was in April and I got some backlash then so I thought I make joke about it tonight as a passing sarcastic statement and I get my head bitten off again! Lol

You guys need to relax. I don't understand why you get so worked up on this matter, I'm not bloody ordering you all to wear red and white, I just voiced my opinion that I think it'd look better! lol

So get off your high-horse Mr. leave the yarraside to the core! Core of what? Hahahaha :clap::up:

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate! ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it. A simple answer doesn't seem to work with you though does it? You seem to wanna bring up people's clothing choices as much as you can. Feel free to debate the point as much as you want but I'm done with your petty shit.

And if you're only here to discuss the club we all love and then discuss it, leave the yarraside to the core The only time I ever brought this "people's clothing choices" up in the past was in April and I got some backlash then so I thought I make joke about it tonight as a passing sarcastic statement and I get my head bitten off again! Lol

So get off your high-horse Mr. leave the yarraside to the core! Core of what? Hahahaha :clap::up:

17955203-man-taking-a-bow.jpg

People generally get worked up because the argument that active support should wear more merch is generally accompanied with 'if they really supported the club they would wear merch'.

This is a serious slap in the face to many by questioning the dedication they have to the club. I have found that the most dedicated supporters i have come across, in particular active supporters, do not wear merch.

IMO, id feel a little strange wearing anything but red and white in the active area, as I would feel a little left out, or different. But couldnt care less if it were merch or not. I actually have a freind who makes her own red and white clothes to wear to games, even knitted me a giant red and white scarf

IMO, id feel a little strange wearing anything but red and white in the active area, as I would feel a little left out, or different. But couldnt care less if it were merch or not. I actually have a freind who makes her own red and white clothes to wear to games, even knitted me a giant red and white scarf

I'm sort of the same, generally any sporting event i go to (afl, a-league, nrl) i always make an effort to wear my teams gear, but if not it's not really a big deal. In a perfect world yes, it would be good for all of yarraside to be wearing red and white clothing, but as long as people are chanting and contributing to yarraside they can wear polka-dot pyjamas for all i care 

• Like 1

I expect the club not to sing another washed up marquee, only for them to have a shit year, not being able to run out a game, then try to get rid of him in pursuit of another marquee target. Only to have that marquee target use them as leverage and the deal fall through. THEN the original marquee leaves and they still have to pay half his wages. 

People on here sometimes bag the stephen grey recuitement....But fuck me this is just bad.

Edited by Dylan

Wow, the 13/14 expectations based on this thread seems to be fashion related.

I just want the team to win more than we lose, and win at home most of the time.

Well maybe i want to see Aziz tear it up as well.... Cant beleive they loaned him back to us. Our win i guess

my expectation (or at least very high hopes) is that Heart actually give us a home final.  that is no more excuses, just solid / consistent performance week in week out.

that in itself implies a top 4 finish, and thereby the ability to actually (a) not play like shite in the last 5 games - losing all of them like last season, and (b.) the ability to get goals, points and wins outside of Melbourne.

and to finish above the visitors would be nice too, after all their skyting about last season under Postecoglou and Liverpool game.  would be sweet to have a derby in the finals classed as a home game just to shit 'em right up.  as if the 5-0 trouncing we would give out in a finals game wouldn't be enough :D

Edited by mattyh001

I reckon finishing above Victory is very achievable. Even though they have the more experienced coach we have the more experienced team.

I think at this point they have one player over 30 and that's Archie Thompson! Their average age is around 22.6 whereas our average is 24.90, which I reckon is much more balanced.

Engelaar shouldn't have an issue bullying Nicholls around! lol

I'll be excited when:

we win outside Victoria

we win despite conceding the first goal

we win second halves of games, especially away from home

we look fit

we have a clearly defined system of play and the tactical flexibility to implement it despite the opponent

we stop regularly conceding goals in the last 5 minutes of games

we can deliver HAL quality corners and free kicks

we have a midfield that can keep possession of the ball

Most of these things come down to the coaching.

On paper we have a top 3 side.  Will Aloisi-and it is Aloisi-make it happen?

Well for one YSIDE Core run the Admin of this forum you love so much... :up:

And we are also the same blokes who printed the Large Game Day Flag of Melbourne that you have use as your Display Pic on this forum.:up:

• Like 2

Well for one YSIDE Core run the Admin of this forum you love so much... :up:

And we are also the same blokes who printed the Large Game Day Flag of Melbourne that you have use as your Display Pic on this forum. :up:

you-got-owned.jpg

• Like 1

An improvement on last year has already happened with the new signings, but I think top 4 and (of course) beating the Victory is a realistic aim

I spoke a lot about Top Four/Home Final being our aim last season - So I see it as the goal again for this Season.

I really believe if we achieve this then the fans will come out to play and the whole South thing will be forgotten.

An improvement on last year has already happened with the new signings, but I think top 4 and (of course) beating the Victory is a realistic aim

I spoke a lot about Top Four/Home Final being our aim last season - So I see it as the goal again for this Season.

I really believe if we achieve this then the fans will come out to play and the whole South thing will be forgotten.

+1

I think we also should try to qualify for champions league. It would create more interest for the fans, and help us in attracting better players.

• Like 1

I'll be excited when:

we win outside Victoria

we win despite conceding the first goal

we win second halves of games, especially away from home

we look fit

we have a clearly defined system of play and the tactical flexibility to implement it despite the opponent

we stop regularly conceding goals in the last 5 minutes of games

we can deliver HAL quality corners and free kicks

we have a midfield that can keep possession of the ball

Most of these things come down to the coaching.

On paper we have a top 3 side.  Will Aloisi-and it is Aloisi-make it happen?

Yes, coaching.... and the players