Melbourne Football

Melbourne Aces.

dRoy

The Aces play baseball in the Australian Baseball League, but you already knew that though.

We're playing our last game of the season at the showgrounds today and if we win, we make playoffs! Just barely. But we need to win.

Game starts at 3pm.

I know a lot of you will be at the youth game, but I thought I'd throw it out there if anyone was keen to go. I'll be there.

Need to support the boys! I'll be bringing the Marrone chant and changing it up!

Go Aces!!!!

Aces won!!!! So they are guaranteed a home final series! The crowd was amazing today.

So if Sydney lose to Perth tonight Aces play Perth next week for a spot in the grand final.

If Sydney win, Aces play at home in a knockout final next weekend.

Thanks mate. My connection is a bit shoddy so it tends to lag a bit which drives me nuts. Will see how it goes though

For future reference do they show it on TV at all?

The grand final will be shown on fox sports!!!! Best of 3 series.

dRoy I think you need to form a Melbourne baseball ultras group.

There is a bunch of guys who do chants and shit. But it's mainly shit. Need to school them on soccer chants and not school sports chants.

Japan's baseball ultras are pretty good to be honest..

What is the average attendance at an Aces game?

Bout 500. There was 1300 today. Could have been more. But the heat was pretty severe.

Just out of curiosity; what's the field at the Showgrounds like? Any good?

Field is great. 10x better than last year. Grass is newly laid. Home plate is closer to crowd. But it's tiny so lots of home runs are scored. Shit thing is its all the way out at the showgrounds.

Guys and Gals feel free to tweet the @MelbourneAces expressing your disgust at them blocking me on twitter. The hash tag going round is #letDROYtweet. Not sure why they'd block me. Fckers.

Derhoy, I'm interested to get back into playing again. Is the standard of play decent here?

Anyway, Played the game since I was 3, Played for NSW u/16, made final cut for the u/16 Australia Squad seven years back but got cut as I did me left shoulder, Played Semi Professional in Japan for a little bit during the last years of highschool.

So, who which club would be best?

Was brought up watching NPB so fuck the Australian domestic league. I could've stayed in Japan to pursue something in baseball, still time innit?

Really, wouldnt have picked that. I played from when I was 8-18, didnt really try to hard, just played for fun. Only played in the 3rd division Seniors in Bendigo when I was to old for U/16's.

Was spewing when I quit to play footy with my mates for a year and a bunch of guys I was way better than got selected to represent Bendigo in U/12's. It could been the start of great things, but wasnt to be :(

Micha. Summer baseball is ending within a month. Prob could start playing winter ball if you wanted. I wont be playing though. Too cold.

Bazza. Which team in Bendigo? I played 4 games in one season for Falcons twos. Tragically cut short due to breaking my fibula in 09

Cmon the heaters. Considering going to one of the games. bunch of the lads who come to the Heart games in perth are big into their baseball and are going. I know sweet fuck all about baseball however.

It's business time of the year. Perfect time to venture down and watch the ball game. Perth have the series at their Home this week.

Bring back the Waverly Reds!

In all seriousness the current Waverly set up with Townhouses around the oval would look awesome for Baseball, pity they took most of the seats out of the Grandstand.

All you need is a grandstand behind home plate pretty much. And waverley is much closer to me than the showgrounds is.

+ 1

Micha. Summer baseball is ending within a month. Prob could start playing winter ball if you wanted. I wont be playing though. Too cold.

Bazza. Which team in Bendigo? I played 4 games in one season for Falcons twos. Tragically cut short due to breaking my fibula in 09

Started off at Maiden Gully Scots then the U/14s merged with Bendigo East, so I stayed there until seniors.

Bazz, catcher?

I was a pitcher when I started, cos I was one of the older and stronger kids, but after my short break I played infield either: 2nd, SS and 3rd. Usually in the top 3 starting batters as well, but that usually depended on how the coach was feeling at the time.

Sydney play in the middle of nowhere. Lol.

I think the only player you can say something funny to is Darryl George. Just say Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaryl. Like off the simpsons.

For everyone who wants to watch the Aces play Heat in the coming days. Here is the schedule.

All games are broadcast on Perth Heat TV on the Internet. http://freezone.iinet.net.au/channels/freezone/sport/perth-heat

Game 1: Thursday, 26th of January 5 p.m. Vic time.

Game 2: Friday, 27th of January 10:20 p.m.

Game 3: Saturday, 28th of January 10:20 p.m.

Game 4: *Sunday, 29th of January 6 p.m.

Game 5: *Sunday 29th of January 10:20 p.m.

*Games only played if needed, first team to win 3 games advances to Championship Series

Go Aces!

Well Aces just lost the 4th game of the series. Lost the series 1-3.

Now we will be playing our final games of the season at the showgrounds this week vs Sydney Blue Sox. (massive rivalry ;) ) lawl.

I presume the games will be on Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights and 2 on Sunday If required.

I'll be going to the Friday night one. And the late Sunday game if required. I'd love it if randoms came along and just be loud and shit like the goal we scored at Yoof yesterday, when the ball went thru the net. Haha.