Melbourne Football

Computer question re. "Favourites"

jw1739

Boys and girls, I have a serious question for those more computer-literate than me.

I'm using Google Chrome and have been for the past year or so. Most of my bookmarks I imported from my Explorer "Favourites."

Alongside each one on the left is a little icon or picture - for example, against www.arsenal.com there is a little Arsenal badge.

Very recently the icon against MHFC Supporters has changed to, of all things, an MV icon, a white V on a blue background.

Have we been hacked?

How can I change the icon, because it annoys me!

• Like 1

Its called a favicon, and I swear I fixed it once, but I think it got overwritten again when the forum software was updated (its the icon of the forum software, its not a V, from looking at a bigger version of it I believe its meant to represent 2 people holding hands)

Fixed it properly now, might need to refresh or force refresh (ctrl + f5) before it shows up

Moved thread to proper section, Forum Support/Suggestions.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Mobile version still uses the blue and white V favicon and uses a Blue, White and Silver colour scheme. Something to look into changing if you get the time perhaps?

TBH I think the best option is to just get rid of the mobile version, it sucks, even if the time was put into changing the colours. I always use the full version of the forum on my mobile, and I know that most others do, so I think I'll just get rid of the mobile version.

Does anyone actually use it?

• Like 1

Mobile version still uses the blue and white V favicon and uses a Blue, White and Silver colour scheme. Something to look into changing if you get the time perhaps?

TBH I think the best option is to just get rid of the mobile version, it sucks, even if the time was put into changing the colours. I always use the full version of the forum on my mobile, and I know that most others do, so I think I'll just get rid of the mobile version.

I still! I don't mind the fuller version on mobile but the website is so much easier to navigate on mobile version

90% of my forum usage is mobile.

• Like 1

Quite surprised that so many people use the mobile theme, I've always disregarded it and just used the full version on my mobile. Just had another play with it then and you can't even see who has liked a post, one of the many little things that always annoyed me about it.

Anyway, I'll have a look when I get a chance, thinking about it, it might not take to long to change the colours if I just change like for like with some red colours. Problem is I don't foresee much free time for myself in the near future, I have a few challenging weeks ahead of me and unfortunately this isn't a priority in comparison.

Quite surprised that so many people use the mobile theme, I've always disregarded it and just used the full version on my mobile. Just had another play with it then and you can't even see who has liked a post, one of the many little things that always annoyed me about it.

Anyway, I'll have a look when I get a chance, thinking about it, it might not take to long to change the colours if I just change like for like with some red colours. Problem is I don't foresee much free time for myself in the near future, I have a few challenging weeks ahead of me and unfortunately this isn't a priority in comparison.

TBH, it doesn't really faze me that the mobile theme is in blue, I just don't want the mobile version to be removed.

Edited by malloy
  • Like 2