Melbourne Football

Matildas

malloy

Watched the game from start to finish, we played like absolute ass, other than the bird in goals, honestly dunno how the Aussies pulled that off.

France were so unlucky to walk away with nothing, I reckon the shot count was about 5-40 including 3 off the bar/post, 2 saved on the line, a disallowed goal and a saved pen..

Edited by LR9

• 9 months later...

Hesterine de Reus has been told to "tell her story walking" by the FFA.  With a month away from the Asian Cup, where we are defending champions, this is a massive call by the FFA.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1187034/De-Reus-no-longer-Matildas-coach

Hard to figure out from the media reports the true details but it does seem that the players were not happy and "discipline" keeps being referred to.

David Gallop doesn't strike me as the type to panic or sack a coach just due to a few whingy older players.  You have to think its worse than that.  Never like to see a coach that old players are complaining about leave (best result is normally the reverse) but this seems a strange one - i wonder if we'll ever find out what really happened?

• 1 year later...

Wouldn't mind watching the girl's world cup but it seems its either live (whilst i'm at work) or highlights (whilst I'm at work).  If you can see any of it on their website its not easy to find (for me anyway).

edit:

Matildas:

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/451860547681/2015-FIFA-Womens-World-Cup-Highlights

found.

Had the better of a lot of the game but a goal from a mistake and the Yanks were deadly up front where as their keeper kept making saves.

Desperately need to beat Nigeria now.

Edited by Shahanga

Nigeria game is on tomorrow morning, 6.30am. Should be a good game, will be interesting to see how Nigeria play. They drew 3 with Sweden in their first game. Hope De Vanna is on the pitch but it's not looking good.

Coverage starts 6:30.

De Vanna injured?  bugger.

Tell you what though i liked the look of Sam Kerr.  Girl can play.

Honestly surely something can be done about that with the video. That's a red and 10 game suspension for mine.

Well it wasn't quite as bad as I first thought (as Kerr picked herself up and stayed on the field) but i thought a elbow to the face in back play is a lot worse than 3 weeks.  Football really surprises me sometimes how they are lenient to what are essentially "dog acts".

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/06/15/njoku-cops-three-match-ban-elbow-matildas-star-kerr

Anyway a draw or better Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and we go through (also still a chance to get through in 3rd this time around). 

Honestly surely something can be done about that with the video. That's a red and 10 game suspension for mine.

Well it wasn't quite as bad as I first thought (as Kerr picked herself up and stayed on the field) but i thought a elbow to the face in back play is a lot worse than 3 weeks. Football really surprises me sometimes how they are lenient to what are essentially "dog acts".

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/06/15/njoku-cops-three-match-ban-elbow-matildas-star-kerr

Anyway a draw or better Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and we go through (also still a chance to get through in 3rd this time around).

The midget Septic Bladder is behind all this!

Well it wasn't quite as bad as I first thought (as Kerr picked herself up and stayed on the field) but i thought a elbow to the face in back play is a lot worse than 3 weeks.  Football really surprises me sometimes how they are lenient to what are essentially "dog acts".

Weirdly we might face an easier opponent if we finish 3rd. I still think we're better finishing second (or first, possibly, although I think the US will beat Nigeria).

To put this in context:

(world rankings)

Germany - 1 

Seppos* -2

Sweden - 5

Brazil  -  7

Australia -10

So to get a group with 3 of the worlds top 10 (and 2 of the top 5) was pretty tough, especially when the cup had been expanded this year to 24 teams (from 16 in the past).  As you can see by the above, Brazil are actually rated below the teams we've played so far, so we must consider ourselves a good chance in that game. 

* USA to the uninitated

• Like 3