Melbourne Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

hakz7

We're apparently going to play 9 to 10 pre-season games, at least. I don't mind missing a few regional pre-season games, as long as the later matches against A-League opponents, of which should be about 3 or 4 matches (as Aloisi needs to play multiple games against A-League teams to complete his 3 match ban), are mostly/all played in Melbourne. I reckon a few of the other non-A-League pre-season matches will be played in Melbourne as well. So all up, I reckon Melbourne-based supporters like myself will get a lot of pre-season Heart football.

I hate missing games because they are inconveniently located in regional Victoria, but I can understand where the club is coming from. Heart will likely get widespread support for bringing football to regional locations like Shepparton, and will likely pickup some members as well. And Heart should do just about everything to increase membership numbers (it shouldn't be a main strategy, of course, but doing a lot of little things is a good idea, like Heart having many football clinics that have involved over 60,000 boys and girls). Also, Heart could unearth more talented young players from regional Victoria like Zac Walker. Hopefully in the future Heart can go on the occasional overseas tour, but at the moment IMO it is far too costly with too little reward.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

We're apparently going to play 9 to 10 pre-season games, at least. I don't mind missing a few regional pre-season games, as long as the later matches against A-League opponents, of which should be about 3 or 4 matches (as Aloisi needs to play multiple games against A-League teams to complete his 3 match ban), are mostly/all played in Melbourne. I reckon a few of the other non-A-League pre-season matches will be played in Melbourne as well. So all up, I reckon Melbourne-based supporters like myself will get a lot of pre-season Heart football.

I hate missing games because they are inconveniently located in regional Victoria, but I can understand where the club is coming from. Heart will likely get widespread support for bringing football to regional locations like Shepparton, and will likely pickup some members as well. And Heart should do just about everything to increase membership numbers (it shouldn't be a main strategy, of course, but doing a lot of little things is a good idea, like Heart having many football clinics that have involved over 60,000 boys and girls). Also, Heart could unearth more talented young players from regional Victoria like Zac Walker. Hopefully in the future Heart can go on the occasional overseas tour, but at the moment IMO it is far too costly with too little reward.

I don't have a problem with regional pre-season matches because I understand that it's part of the club's philosophy to try and engage in that way.

I just hope that there will be 2-3 in the metropolitan area for Melbourne-based members, with enough advance notice so that people can actually get there and at times and places that recognize that we're spread all over this city and do not all live in one particular area.

• Like 1