Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

Could the explanation be that a player cannot be registered with two clubs of the status of City and Bentleigh at the same time?

Possibly. So it looks like some players leave the club (e.g. Espindola, and Petreski I believe went off the club NYL website last season and now he's back in the NYL team as well), when the likes of Bray are in effect really Melbourne City players who are just temporarily with NPLV teams like Bentleigh to develop.

Hard to know what's going on, especially because the club posts precious little information about the club's youth players.

hes just so bad that even when he guesses the right way for a penalty, he doesnt get near it. He should just guess before the kick is taken and just go 100% in that direction, otherwise he has no hope seriously, his spring/ reflexes is like the town drunk

Sometimes u need ur keeper to make a mircaulous save out of nothing but I cant ever see him/ cant remember seeing him ever do it

hes just so bad that even when he guesses the right way for a penalty, he doesnt get near it. He should just guess before the kick is taken and just go 100% in that direction, otherwise he has no hope seriously, his spring/ reflexes is like the town drunk

Sometimes u need ur keeper to make a mircaulous save out of nothing but I cant ever see him/ cant remember seeing him ever do it

Hmmm looked like a quality penalty to me.

Hmmm looked like a quality penalty to me.

it was, but it looked like he barely had moved before the ball had hit the net, He's just gotta guess a way at least

• Like 1

The pen was not his fault. 

As defenders you have to meet the ball - not let the ball run to you.

Garuccio got caught trying to kick the ball with his left foot - when he should have used his right.  He also let the ball run to him.

Bad technique Garuccio.

Rednayne may cop the flack for conceding the penalty - but Garuccio was to blame.

Redmaynes problems go far beyond his shot stopping. His positioning is terrible, he's decision making and ball distribution is pathetic, and he fumbles easy catches that can be costly. Last night he spilt a chest mark and we were lucky there was no Adelaide player there or else we would've conceded

Edited by AaronAV11

Redmaynes problems go far beyond his shot stopping. His positioning is terrible, he's decision making and ball distribution is pathetic, and he fumbles easy catches that can be costly. Last night he spilt a chest mark and we were lucky there was no Adelaide player there or else we would've conceded

Remember that clearly, was shocking.

Everybody standing around me had the same reaction, one big collective  :droy:

• Like 2

Well, if Redmayne is so bad how come Velaphi do's not get a game?

Because in pre-season against bloody Pascoe Vale he made a couple horrendous errors. He would have been also sent off in a competitive match for one challenge that could have broken the Pascoe Vale striker's leg.

Personally I don't think Redmayne should be dropped, the two goals he conceded and even the goals against the Visitors were beyond nearly any keeper's ability apart from one of Archie Thompson's goals.

Well, if Redmayne is so bad how come Velaphi do's not get a game?

Because in pre-season against bloody Pascoe Vale he made a couple horrendous errors. He would have been also sent off in a competitive match for one challenge that could have broken the Pascoe Vale striker's leg.

Personally I don't think Redmayne should be dropped, the two goals he conceded and even the goals against the Visitors were beyond nearly any keeper's ability apart from one of Archie Thompson's goals.

If this is so, why was Velaphi given a one year extension on his contract?

The interesting thing is that at season's end both Redmayne and Velaphi are out of contract. City will have to find two new goalkeepers for the seniors. I don't pay too much attention to the second goalkeepers of the other A-League sides and even less of the NYL sides. So will it be worth using a visa spot on a foreign goal keeper or do we poach one from some of the other clubs (we did with all of our goal keepers) or do we promote one from an NYL side?

WSW's performance this morning is proof that we won't win anything unless we have a quality keeper.

Ante covic this morning proved we need a quality keeper. Suck shit to the tards who let him go.

Yeah, Covic showed more commitment to the cause last night than Heart show over an entire season. Yes the ref more or less won it for WSW but what a yawning chasm there is between us and some of the other teams in terms of the desire to win.

I'd like to see us look for an overseas keeper TBH. And a decent GK coach.

Clearly I am the saviour to our goal keeping problems. I've never played a competive outdoor match before but I am a gun when it comes to indoor. Also, I will stay in my box and yell abuse at defenders every time the opposition score as it is never my fault and always the fault of the defenders. I'm willing to work for a personalized away top and free active membership. Sign me up JvS

Worst starting keeper in the A-League by the length of the Flemington straight.

Without a doubt.

But the real question is, how many A-League number 2s are better than him?

We don't need to be looking for a keeper to be our number 1 forever, we need to sign someone ASAP, and a 2nd keeper from another A-League team surely is possible (i'd say it's likely we could get one of the other teams to release the player if we're offering first team football).

Bouzanis? - Even though I've spent his whole career telling everyone how shit and severely overrated he is, now that everyone realises he is shit that is no longer necessary. Still, even though he is shit, probably better than Redmayne.

Necevski? - Also shit, but Redmayne level of shitness? Doubt it, I'd take him over Redmayne.

Ben Kennedy - Definitely shit, and quite worryingly looks a lot like Hoffman. Still, Kennedy > Redmayne.

• Like 1