Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

I still can't believe he celebrated with two fist pumps after pulling the bird.

Tando > Redders.

Redders with his pathetic pickup record is just taking his turn to totally ruin the facade of what we all thought was the perfect life of a Professional Footballer.

Still not as depressing as Maycon's constant Cityville Requests. :up:

rofl, fucking Maycon. He legit played Cityville all day when he wasn't training.

TBH having his Brazilian compatriot Fred on facebook also was pretty facade ruining, and this is a guy who would have made decent $$$ during his career unlike Maycon, but all he ever posted on facebook were photos of him and his family living a fairly middle class (at best) lifestyle.

I think being Brazilian makes it worse, they come from fucking ghettos and so for them almost anything is a glamorous life, that's why there are so many Brazilians that could be playing for pretty much any club in the world end up playing in Ukraine or Russia for the money. Russia and Ukraine must be glamorous as fuck compared to Brazil.

Not just players though, seeing Scott Munn driving a fairly average sedan insured there was no facade about a football CEO's life.

Fred actually explained the main reason why Brazilians travel so far and wide to play football on SEN once... its because in South America if a team is not performing often the club "forgets" to play its players.

I remember Maycon when he first arrived actually posted a pic of him standing next to a standard Speedbike (Probablly something like a base model Ninja) at Heildelberg Village Shopping Centre as if he standing in front of a Formula One car or something.

When you come from here:

favela.jpg

Just being in Australia is good enough :up:

• Like 3

I still can't believe he celebrated with two fist pumps after pulling the bird.

Tando > Redders.

Redders with his pathetic pickup record is just taking his turn to totally ruin the facade of what we all thought was the perfect life of a Professional Footballer.

Still not as depressing as Maycon's constant Cityville Requests. :up:

rofl, fucking Maycon. He legit played Cityville all day when he wasn't training.

TBH having his Brazilian compatriot Fred on facebook also was pretty facade ruining, and this is a guy who would have made decent $$$ during his career unlike Maycon, but all he ever posted on facebook were photos of him and his family living a fairly middle class (at best) lifestyle.

I think being Brazilian makes it worse, they come from fucking ghettos and so for them almost anything is a glamorous life, that's why there are so many Brazilians that could be playing for pretty much any club in the world end up playing in Ukraine or Russia for the money. Russia and Ukraine must be glamorous as fuck compared to Brazil.

Not just players though, seeing Scott Munn driving a fairly average sedan insured there was no facade about a football CEO's life.

Fred actually explained the main reason why Brazilians travel so far and wide to play football on SEN once... its because in South America if a team is not performing often the club "forgets" to play its players.

I remember Maycon when he first arrived actually posted a pic of him standing next to a standard Speedbike (Probablly something like a base model Ninja) at Heildelberg Village Shopping Centre as if he standing in front of a Formula One car or something.

When you come from here:

favela.jpg

Just being in Australia is good enough :up:

I knew Heildelberg Village Shopping Centre was pretty rough... but its really gone done hill since I last had to stop in there.

• Like 3

Whilst working overseas I had to work with a Brazilian from the very well heeled set (all their cars had to be armoured). And really they had the strangest values... bought a bicycle that had to be the colour of a jeep - very average bicycle but it was jeep green. And I could go on...

There are probably more hot chicks in that hood than in all of Melbourne.

More types of STD's as well.

Variety is the spice of life. Sounds like the same sort of spice you get when you scratch your balls after eating chilli

• 2 weeks later...

Woweee - Nike and Adidas should really take note here.

Fore fills the Australian football ad criteria of being extremely cringe worthy :up:

Woweee - Nike and Adidas should really take note here.

Fore fills the Australian football ad criteria of being extremely cringe worthy :up:

Are these "Fore fills" anything like fore skins?

So confused. Of all the players to be endorsed for an advertisement. And if you go to the actual video, the refer to Walker as a Melbourne City player. They have either got this very wrong or there is something we don't know.

I do have a memory of Walker being in an ad for these guys previously though so maybe there was some kind of contractual obligation.

EDIT: Yeah here's the previous ad. Maybe it eas filmed before he was released.

Edited by Fingman

• 2 months later...

Not much room for sentiment in football.  You keep guys because "they are good club men" or "might come good" or "had a good game once" you'll be bottom of the league.  The club really needs to take action to encourage Redmayne to move on "by mutual consent", as he has not made the step to A league standard.

I am happy to take the day off work if he needs a lift to the airport.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Right, please note that the following post is based off speculation after hearing some interesting things out of what may have been Redder's GF.

According to my sources, a highly disinterested Girlfriend was heard complaining that she has to watch her partner play football instead of AFL. Upon being questioned, said GF believed that her partner played Keeper at Melbourne City, or at the very least, one of the bigger clubs.

After my sources voiced their disbelief over such a claim (as they are entry level City supporters themselves), the girl then continued to say that her partner was very stressed over losing the number one spot at the club, after a recent signing. Now, this is where I got thrown off a bit, as I don't believe we have signed another keeper, otherwise I'd be into day three of celebrations by now.

Unfortunately this is all the info I have, however through the power of wishful thinking, I have drawn a few possible theories.

1. The GF got confused and believed tando was recently signed, when in reality it's possible that there is talk during this pre-season that tando perhaps should be number one. This isn't a very good outcome for us, but still interesting to know.

2. City has actually signed a new keeper of decent standing, yet we haven't heard anything about it yet. I think this is the least likely outcome, however the best possible one.

3. She is actually dating Tando instead, and my sources got it wrong. (Highly possible)

4. The GF and my sources are fucking retarded, and they spent the time discussing some div 3 suburban side (Most Likely).

Either way, from all accounts, the bird was rather fit, so whoever we're talking about is doing alright for themselves.

• Like 4

Right, please note that the following post is based off speculation after hearing some interesting things out of what may have been Redder's GF.

According to my sources, a highly disinterested Girlfriend was heard complaining that she has to watch her partner play football instead of AFL. Upon being questioned, said GF believed that her partner played Keeper at Melbourne City, or at the very least, one of the bigger clubs.

After my sources voiced their disbelief over such a claim (as they are entry level City supporters themselves), the girl then continued to say that her partner was very stressed over losing the number one spot at the club, after a recent signing. Now, this is where I got thrown off a bit, as I don't believe we have signed another keeper, otherwise I'd be into day three of celebrations by now.

Unfortunately this is all the info I have, however through the power of wishful thinking, I have drawn a few possible theories.

1. The GF got confused and believed tando was recently signed, when in reality it's possible that there is talk during this pre-season that tando perhaps should be number one. This isn't a very good outcome for us, but still interesting to know.

2. City has actually signed a new keeper of decent standing, yet we haven't heard anything about it yet. I think this is the least likely outcome, however the best possible one.

3. She is actually dating Tando instead, and my sources got it wrong. (Highly possible)

4. The GF and my sources are fucking retarded, and they spent the time discussing some div 3 suburban side (Most Likely).

Either way, from all accounts, the bird was rather fit, so whoever we're talking about is doing alright for themselves.

This is where the storey falls down unfortuantly, if redders can only pick-up birds at the Hawthorn who are 4/10 at best, no way is he getting any bird who's 'fit'

Must be Tandos

Edited by kingofhearts

We can only hope.

If its true I hope that its an Aussie GK as we need an effective LB and DM, and unlikely to find Australians for these positions

Three GKs in the senior squad?...much as I would like it to be true that we're adding some quality between the sticks I doubt that it is.

Marko Stevanja has been training with the club for a while, but he's young and it would seem unlikely that he could leap-frog both Redmayne and Velaphi.

it would be a waste of a visa spot using it on a GK IMO. Unless they were amazing and then they probably wouldnt fit under the cap.

Disagree with you here Dylan. I don't see it as a waste of a visa place at all, because I see the spine of the team - GK, one centre back, creative midfielder and striker - as being key positions and I'm more than happy to see those positions filled by visa players.

As I see it our defence is pretty suspect, and we're in sore need of a keeper who can dominate the 6-yard box and marshal the defence in front of him.

TBH it's one of the first changes that I thought would happen under Manchester City. But far more Heart personnel have kept their jobs than I expected.

Yeah I thought the same. Especially when Tando re-signed. I assumed he was happy being number two and redmayne was going to be moved on with a new number one. I expect next off season though we'll have a lot more players going out. They will have a lot more time to go around and talk to australian based players to replace them with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...