Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

• 3 months later...

I have spent the whole of Bouzanis' career, since he was 16, telling people he is overrated and shit.

But under these extreme circumstances (Redmayne being Redmayne), Bouzanis has to come on at half time and be the first choice until they sign another keeper.

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Tonyboozeadams said:

Yes I saw and read that. IMO it says quite a lot about the goalkeeping coach stocks at City. I don't think there's any doubt that Redders went downhill whilst he was with us, and I'm surprised that our current GK coach(JD) wasn't cleared out by City the moment they took over.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Yes I saw and read that. IMO it says quite a lot about the goalkeeping coach stocks at City. I don't think there's any doubt that Redders went downhill whilst he was with us, and I'm surprised that our current GK coach(JD) wasn't cleared out by City the moment they took over.

I wrote somewhere on here that you could link the poor goal keeping form to the reign of Joey Nepotism. I was a little surprised that, at best, that post was friendless.

By the way Kalac doesn't seem to have stopped Redmayne having at least 1 brain fade a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

I wrote somewhere on here that you could link the poor goal keeping form to the reign of Joey Nepotism. I was a little surprised that, at best, that post was friendless.

By the way Kalac doesn't seem to have stopped Redmayne having at least 1 brain fade a game.

You deserve so many likes Shahanga that we had probably used them all up by the time that we read that post.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, n i k o said:

Rednayne is a reminder that no player is too shit to win you a trophy. 

Harsh. In fact he's improved out of sight since leaving us.  He was a good keeper when he came to us, displaced Bolton, and then just went downhill until his main role was to clap his hands and then pick the ball out of his net. He now makes saves that he would never have made had he stayed with us.

Shows what decent coaching can do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Harsh. In fact he's improved out of sight since leaving us.  He was a good keeper when he came to us, displaced Bolton, and then just went downhill until his main role was to clap his hands and then pick the ball out of his net. He now makes saves that he would never have made had he stayed with us.

I actually dont think that's true. Redders was always a good shot-stopper and continues to be. His major weaknesses were that he was horrible at decision making and knowing when to come and when to stay, he couldnt save a penalty to save the human race and that he was a  nervous wreck, leading him to make stupid mistakes by foot once he was rattled(as well as exacerbating the first weakness).
I think Arnie has done wonders for his confidence and hence the first and third issues have now improved a hell of a lot. 
Still think he's well down the tree as far as A-League goalkeepers go, but a confident Redders is far more capable than the headcase we saw here by the end of his stint.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I actually dont think that's true. Redders was always a good shot-stopper and continues to be. His major weaknesses were that he was horrible at decision making and knowing when to come and when to stay, he couldnt save a penalty to save the human race and that he was a  nervous wreck, leading him to make stupid mistakes by foot once he was rattled(as well as exacerbating the first weakness).
I think Arnie has done wonders for his confidence and hence the first and third issues have now improved a hell of a lot. 
Still think he's well down the tree as far as A-League goalkeepers go, but a confident Redders is far more capable than the headcase we saw here by the end of his stint.

I guess that another factor is that if you are playing behind a defence as mean as Scrooge then you don't make so many errors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I think bt50 has said what I wanted to say already. All I'll say is it's no wonder he has been successful with the best performing team in aleague history in front of him. 

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I’m amazed at his transformation. Now a good, confident keeper with a few trophies. 

Well done to him. 

He is a bit of a beast in goals, intimidating. Somebody on this forum mentioned a goalkeeping coach name (coached Vukovic and Ryan), I believe he is also Redmayne's coach.

Edited by Mr MO

14 hours ago, Mr MO said:

He is a bit of a beast in goals, intimidating. Somebody on this forum mentioned a goalkeeping coach name (coached Vukovic and Ryan), I believe he is also Redmayne's coach.

John Crawley I think his name is 

• Like 2

On 19/05/2019 at 9:42 PM, Harrison said:

I’m amazed at his transformation. Now a good, confident keeper with a few trophies. 

Well done to him. 

He’s not the same man that Joey Nepotism led into the wilderness that’s for sure.

Good on him, turning it around. Still hurts like hell seeing it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Have to hand it to him.

looked state league 2 level with us but after a change and some decent coaches has made every post a winner.

maybe there really is something incessantly wrong with our club lol