Melbourne Football

Let's watch Australia **win** the ashes

kingofhearts

Didn't think without the snicko that there was enough proof that he actually did hit it to overturn the decision. But he did hit it.

About time Aleem Daar starts handing out some resumes. Definitely wont be umpiring another test match for a while.

Unlucky chaps! I was biting my nails when you's got it to under 80 runs, by break of lunch I thought for sure you'd go onto win it. 

Until, just as the players ran back out and everyone started singing. Trent bridge lifted! Great opening test... Going to be a great summer of cricket!

995704_10201101653357486_48767096_n.jpg

• Like 3

^ Mintioned this to my mate last night...

Drop Haddin, Rogers, Smith and Agar

Bring in Fawad Ahmed, Hussey, Warner and Matt Wade

Hussey and Fawad Ahmed aren't in the squad, Warner is not ready and was poor against Zimbabwe, and yeah I agree Wade should be the #1 keeper but I don't see Haddin being dropped, he hasn't really done much wrong. 

Really don't know what much more we can do in terms of in's and out's, top order just hasn't been good as a unit at all and they're all in terrible form, as we all expected, but nothing much more we can do except for performing.

Edited by DutchPride

Bring in Fawad Ahmed, Hussey, Warner and Matt Wade

Hussey and Fawad Ahmed aren't in the squad, Warner is not ready and was poor against Zimbabwe, and yeah I agree Wade should be the #1 keeper but I don't see Haddin being dropped, he hasn't really done much wrong.

Really don't know what much more we can do in terms of in's and out's, top order just hasn't been good as a unit at all and they're all in terrible form, as we all expected, but nothing much more we can do except for performing.You don't have to be in the squad to be named, the selecters can bring inforcements in anytime they deem it nesasary... Just like how Agarand Smith were late inclusions to the squad.

After Ahmed's 8 wicket game for Australia A he is probably in the box seat for a call up now...

Bring in Fawad Ahmed, Hussey, Warner and Matt Wade

Really don't know what much more we can do in terms of in's and out's, top order just hasn't been good as a unit at all and they're all in terrible form, as we all expected, but nothing much more we can do except for performing. You don't have to be in the squad to be named, the selecters can bring inforcements in anytime they deem it nesasary... Just like how Agarand Smith were late inclusions to the squad.

After Ahmed's 8 wicket game for Australia A he is probably in the box seat for a call up now...

Which isn't often, the selector's aren't going to just call up players to the squad because they can, it doesn't work like that, regardless if they can, it would just be embarrassing on their part.

Don't see how Fawad Ahmed will be called up over Agar, give the kid a chance on a pitch renown for turning, he's had hardly anything to work with, he's 19 and he's not Graeme Swann, if you were to drop him now it would just be stupid, if he doesn't perform at Old Trafford then yeah, he'll probably go back to FC Cricket for a little longer, but dropping him now when he's bowled on Day 1 and Day 3 pitches renown for seamers where it's also been dry, hot and sunny would just be fucking retarded.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 1

Of course they have to drop Haddin, he offers nothing else better than Wade and he's heaps older.

As for the top order we should play batsmen that actually have a good enough technique to play against top class bowlers. Players like Bailey and Voges should be in instead of Smith and maybe Hughes (if they want a younger player they should bring in Alex Doolan from tassie)

And it's almost certain Agar won't play next test.

Of course they have to drop Haddin, he offers nothing else better than Wade and he's heaps older.

He's made a few runs at crucial times, been one of the only blokes to show some fight and hasn't grassed any blindingly easy chances. Won't be dropped and on current form shouldn't be tbh.

Note: I think Wade should have been in the side from the start but his batting at International level has left much to be desired and his glovework was atrocious last series. Gamble and chuck T-Paine in the deep end if any change is on the cards.

Based on what? A near debutant who has made runs and held up an end as a spinning option on two pitches that give little assistance. Would be counter-intuitive to drop him for the Old Trafford game. 

Can't really see Garry Lyon giving us much more in the tweaking stakes and certainly nothing more with the bat. Smith will stay in due to his part time wristies that took wickets which takes some pressure of Agar as the frontliner.

• Like 3

As for the top order we should play batsmen that actually have a good enough technique to play against top class bowlers. Players like Bailey and Voges should be in instead of Smith and maybe Hughes (if they want a younger player they should bring in Alex Doolan from tassie)

Ridiculous rofl.

Wade was our last person aside from Clarke to score a test 100.. I agree Pain is the best keeper in Australia but tbh he's missed his chance with injuries.

Haddins keeping has been average at best. Can count atleast 3 catches/chances he has missed that ANY international keeper should take.

Cricket Australia announced the Lyon is very likely to play.

If we stick like this then a 5-0 loss is almost inevitable, mix it up while we still have a chance to salvage something.

Edited by sikre

Agar should've never been given a go in the first place. He's not ready yet, what's the point in putting him in the squad to get smashed around by the poms? All it will do is make his confidence go to shit, just play with an all out pace attack with Steve smith as the part-timer, or bring in that Ahmed bloke

Wade was our last person aside from Clarke to score a test 100.. I agree Pain is the best keeper in Australia but tbh he's missed his chance with injuries.

Haddins keeping has been average at best. Can count atleast 3 catches/chances he has missed that ANY international keeper should take.

Cricket Australia announced the Lyon is very likely to play.

If we stick like this then a 5-0 loss is almost inevitable, mix it up while we still have a chance to salvage something.

That does not mean Haddin should be dropped because of that, they can both play. 

Fucking kidding yourself if you think the bowler's are at fault for Aus being 2-0 down, they can hold their heads high with the wickets they've been given. Bowling attack doesn't need to be changed unless Agar cannot perform on a wicket renown for spinning at Old Trafford.

Agar should've never been given a go in the first place. He's not ready yet, what's the point in putting him in the squad to get smashed around by the poms? All it will do is make his confidence go to shit.

Same thing has happened to many great cricketers let alone Aussie spinners. 

One S.K. Warne was taken apart at the SCG on debut by the Indians and the next season he took the poms apart. It's called a baptism of fire and instills more confidence than it does harm. 

Edited by Woody
  • Like 1

Bowling attack has made it look a lot better than it should be. But ffs agar has taken 2 wickets at an average over 100 average. Steve Smith took 4 wickets on that pitch while Agar took none. Nothing against him but he's definately not up to it ATM.

Lyon is a much better option. Has coped alot of shit for only picking up the tail when he plays but that's something weve struggled with in the first 2 tests. He or Ahmad have to play.