Melbourne Football

Let's watch Australia **win** the ashes

kingofhearts

I agree Pain is the best keeper in Australia but tbh he's missed his chance with injuries.

This makes close to fuck all sense.

Best glovemen but is 3 years older than Wade and has missed the last summer and a half with injuries. With me?

Age shouldn't matter if Wade is your barometer as Haddin is the current keeper. 

Agar should've never been given a go in the first place. He's not ready yet, what's the point in putting him in the squad to get smashed around by the poms? All it will do is make his confidence go to shit.

Same thing has happened to many great cricketers let alone Aussie spinners. 

One S.K. Warne was taken apart at the SCG on debut by the Indians and the next season he took the poms apart. It's called a baptism of fire and instills more confidence than it does harm. 

Was JUST about to post this. Well in Woodrow.

• Like 2

Bowling attack has made it look a lot better than it should be. But ffs agar has taken 2 wickets at an average over 100 average. Steve Smith took 4 wickets on that pitch while Agar took none. Nothing against him but he's definately not up to it ATM.

Lyon is a much better option. Has coped alot of shit for only picking up the tail when he plays but that's something weve struggled with in the first 2 tests. He or Ahmad have to play.

Just stop.

Bowling attack has made it look a lot better than it should be. But ffs agar has taken 2 wickets at an average over 100 average. Steve Smith took 4 wickets on that pitch while Agar took none. Nothing against him but he's definately not up to it ATM.

Lyon is a much better option. Has coped alot of shit for only picking up the tail when he plays but that's something weve struggled with in the first 2 tests. He or Ahmad have to play.

Not as harsh of a comment as other people are making it out to be...

Although I don't think that Agar has been terrible, I do agree that he isn't guaranteed a spot, and needs to take more wickets and show that he can affect a match more.

He has shown a bit of promise, and obviously his batting performance was greatly hyped, but he hasn't been amazing.

I wouldn't say Lyon is "much better", but he hasn't been terrible either, so I don't think it'd make much of a difference with either of them.

Also, this Fawad Ahmed situation is ridiculous.

He's 31, and should never have been given citizenship. (I don't say this because he's not Australian born, I say this because I think it's futile.)

Bringing him into the team now would be pointless, when we could spend more time teaching a younger spinner, such as Agar.

Edited by Baresi

Im sorry dutchpride. You've watched a grand total of 2 test matches so you must be right.

Ah what? Thought you knew me a little bit better mate.

Have never heard you mention cricket until this thread Dutchy..

i once brought it up and you told me how shit it was, then again why would i have any reason to frequently discuss cricket, it isn't really a hot topic.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 2

The Aussies are losing it!! Top order is in a terrible state! England, just now, are way too strong in the attack. Bowling has been excellent and the middle order are chipping in with most of the batting, having you chase almost 600 was an absolute piss take!

Cook has a terrible start with the bat as has KP and both need to pull their weight coming into what could be the decider at OT.

Don't think the series is over just yet tho, the weather is due to change for next week and who knows what that might lead too! 

I'll just leave this here tho...  :D  :D

64850_632478790104554_1818529639_n.jpg

England, just now, are way too strong in the attack. Bowling has been excellent 

Disagree. Besides Anderson and Swann(somewhat), I actually think England's attack has been rather workmanlike. Finn is a spud and Broad is serviceable. Anderson is in top form and his line has been perfect. Moving the ball late nicely as well. Swann must have thought it was his birthday taking that 5fa in the first innings. The easiest he'll ever take.

Put it in perspective, yes you still have to be good enough to take 20 wickets but these 20 wickets are not exactly crown jewels atm, mate. The blind school would be close to pinching them.

We will improve in Madchester. We have to. Can't really get much worse than that tripe that was served :up 

• Like 2

Disagree. Besides Anderson and Swann(somewhat), I actually think England's attack has been rather workmanlike. Finn is a spud and Broad is serviceable. Anderson is in top form and his line has been perfect. Moving the ball late nicely as well. Swann must have thought it was his birthday taking that 5fa in the first innings. The easiest he'll ever take.

Put it in perspective, yes you still have to be good enough to take 20 wickets but these 20 wickets are not exactly crown jewels atm, mate. The blind school would be close to pinching them.

We will improve in Madchester. We have to. Can't really get much worse than that tripe that was served :up 

I agree with BH, Anderson is in superb form, obviously the 2nd best seamer in the world at the minute, Swann has looked ok at times, but has also struggled, think he'll be dangerous at Old Trafford for obvious reasons though, but other than those two, Broad and Bresnan didn't look overly dangerous when they really needed a wicket at Lords (wasn't often) and Finn was just atrocious in Nottingham.

Looks like Wade & Haddin are going to play from early reports even though we're still 9 days out, with Pattinson out for the rest of the series I assume Starc will be back in, which I don't really mind, I didn't think he was as bad as it was made out to be at Trent Bridge, he's a good bowler when he gets his line right, he does a lot with it, I think he's a better choice than Jackson Bird at Old Trafford. I think we need another bowler who's going to swing it often (Starc), we already have a stump to stump and tidy seamer in Siddle, so we have to go with Starc, there will be some obvious movement at Old Trafford.

I agree with BH, Anderson is in superb form, obviously the 2nd best seamer in the world at the minute, Swann has looked ok at times, but has also struggled, think he'll be dangerous at Old Trafford for obvious reasons though, but other than those two, Broad and Bresnan didn't look overly dangerous when they really needed a wicket at Lords (wasn't often) and Finn was just atrocious in Nottingham.

Looks like Wade & Haddin are going to play from early reports even though we're still 9 days out, with Pattinson out for the rest of the series I assume Starc will be back in, which I don't really mind, I didn't think he was as bad as it was made out to be at Trent Bridge, he's a good bowler when he gets his line right, he does a lot with it, I think he's a better choice than Jackson Bird at Old Trafford. I think we need another bowler who's going to swing it often (Starc), we already have a stump to stump and tidy seamer in Siddle, so we have to go with Starc, there will be some obvious movement at Old Trafford.

Shut up Dutch Pride!

Have u even ever played cricket????????????????????????

Marty and Sikre :droy:

Im sorry dutchpride. You've watched a grand total of 2 test matches so you must be right.

Ah what? Thought you knew me a little bit better mate.

Have never heard you mention cricket until this thread Dutchy..

i once brought it up and you told me how shit it was, then again why would i have any reason to frequently discuss cricket, it isn't really a hot topic.

I can confirm that I've known of DP's interest in cricket for quite some time.

Marteaux :droy:

Ok il put my two bobs worth

Watson

Paine (wk)

Doolan

Clarke

Ferguson

Hughes

Smith

Siddle

Harris

Lyon

Bird.

Don't know who Doolan is. Put the Paki in for Lyon. Hughes should be resettled in PNG. Wade in for Paine and we must bring in Simon Katich FFS

I like your originality though.

• Like 1

Not sure if just joking but didn't katich retire after he was booted out for no good reason?

He was dropped for some unknown reason a couple years ago...

Hes making runs for his county team and Old Trafford is their home pitch. He was always of one my favourite players no idea why, he was boring as bat shit.

• 3 months later...