Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

I have had a shocking season on the punt. Really looking to turn it around.

Roar are $2 for the win. Load up?

Looks worth a bet, they've played tough teams so far. I don't bet against my team though so not taking that on. Maybe a bet on total goals or something like that on this match if I can find some value.

The Visitors look a better bet at $2.2, only question is how will Newcastle go being at home for the first time this season. But still looks a great bet at $2.2.

Edited by Tesla

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked Orient Line for a place, paid $6.60. Was thinking about a quinella with Lord Aspen, would've paid over $40! Can't pick quinellas to save myself though. 

Terravista had a great ride, lucky Hughie was on him, not sure many other jockeys would've been good enough to thread through. Last to first. 

Thought Lucky Hussler was terrific. Another 50 metres and he would've pipped Hucklebuck but picked him for a place nonetheless.

Last race was magic (from a horseracing fan's view), even though I didn't win anything. Put money on Boristar to win (he was all the rage too) but Eclair was too classy. Something about Dommy Tourneur though, a quality hoop. 

Ladbrokes just gave me a $20 freebet because their site went down yesterday. Check your accounts. I think it has to be used today.

Nothing for me, maybe because you logged into their site yesterday?

Got 2 wins yesterday but unfortunately they just happened to be the two races I had less money on. Was a cracker of a day, 

Nothing for me, maybe because you logged into their site yesterday?

Makes sense, as I got one at bookmaker.com.au too, but nothing at betstar (ladbrokes owns all 3). And I had logged into Ladbrokes and bookmaker. Only $10 at bookmaker though.

edit: check if it says configure under bonus bets, you dont automatically get it.

Edited by Tesla

Newcastle $2.40 to beat Brisbane, at home, couple of returns as well, brisbane without mckay as well. Surely should be like 1.40 rather than 2.40.

throw in Poland and Djokovic and you got yourself an early weekend multi

ALSO Ireland v Scotland BTS @ 2.10. nfi why these odds are so high, both countries have scored in their last 6 games and with those odds it's worth a punt imo.

on the topic of multi's, am I better off putting on one $10 bet or 2 $5 multi's?

It seems like the singles are more long term, but the multi's are more exciting even though you are less likely to win....

Generally speaking you will be better off in the long run doing singles, that being said I do a lot of system betting which is like a multi bet with insurance meaning you don't need every leg to win, this is better to do when you are working with odds above $1.50.

If you prefer shorter odds then there's no value in singles or system bets, I would be doing multis but nothing more than 4-5 legs.

• Like 1

Have been on a ridiculous run in the NBA the past fortnight. What better way to ruin my streak then to post my bets publically, did this last night so got better odds than what is currently available:

76ers 1st half +10.5 $1.90 (huge 1st half line, bookies overreacting to a 50+ point loss where they shot below 30%)

Suns -5.5 $1.90

Pelicans -5.5 $1.65

Knicks -3.5 $1.85 (yolo everytime I put money on NY)

Nuggets +3.5 $1.85

on the topic of multi's, am I better off putting on one $10 bet or 2 $5 multi's? 

It seems like the singles are more long term, but the multi's are more exciting even though you are less likely to win....

I'd only do a multi if they are giving some sort of bonus, whether it's an extra 20-30% return, or a refund if 1 leg fails, etc.

Otherwise they aren't worth doing IMO.

• Like 1

Bonus bet on the Melbourne City game tomorrow upto $50 if you bet on Sydney vs Victory today, full details here.

This is a hard one to pick, based on the record up until now and the home advantage, I'd have to go with Sydney, even at $2.25. Victory drew with Newcastle last week, who lost to Brisbane this week and look to be shit. While Sydney drew with Adelaide who we know are strong.

Both teams with 1 good in, and a few important outs as well, which makes things more difficult. I don't see Melbourne being better off than Sydney in terms of the Ins & Outs so I'm going to stick with Sydney but very though one to bet on IMO as Sydney's slight edge looks to be priced in to the odds pretty well.

Edited by Tesla

Have been on a ridiculous run in the NBA the past fortnight. What better way to ruin my streak then to post my bets publically, did this last night so got better odds than what is currently available:

76ers 1st half +10.5 $1.90 (huge 1st half line, bookies overreacting to a 50+ point loss where they shot below 30%)

Suns -5.5 $1.90

Pelicans -5.5 $1.65

Nuggets +3.5 $1.85

3/5, meh

Suns -5.5 $1.90

Pelicans -5.5 $1.65

Nuggets +3.5 $1.85

3/5, meh

If you bet the same on each, you still make a 9.5% return on average with 3/5 at these sort of odds, not bad if you can keep this or better up.

Edited by Tesla

On Slovakia/Slovakia here against Finland, $2.70.

Any punter worth their salt should be on this, given Slovakia's form and also their tendency to go ahead in the first half.

They're up 2-0 in the first 10 mins :up:

Edited by Tesla

Any punter worth their salt should be on this, given Slovakia's form and also their tendency to go ahead in the first half.

Any punter worrh their salt doesn't bet on friendlies. That being said though, I'm really tempted to bet on the International Rules this weekend. :hoff:

Any punter worrh their salt doesn't bet on friendlies.

Normally I'd agree with you but Slovakia/Slovakia was easy money

Just looking through TAB Markets. Anyone want Aziz Behich to score on Saturday for City @ 9.00 :up:

On a more serious note Hoffman, Wielart and Kisnorbo at $9, $13 and $9 respectfully doesn't seem like to bad of a punt with our tendency to score from corners this year.

Edited by Hammerhead

Finally back in form on the football, backed a draw Ivory Coast vs Cameroon, fucking retarded bookies giving good odds for a draw meanwhile the last 5 minutes were literally Ivory Coast passing it back and forth between their 2 centre backs while the cameroon player were just kicking back 15 meters away not doing anything, as a draw suited both teams. All this time watching football and I've never actually seen that happen before, African football is hilarious.

You can bet on WWE PPV's on Sportsbet, I think it is only $20 max bets but considering it is all scripted there is some value as has been shown at previous PPV's (eg Lesnar opening up @ $41 at Wrestlemania this year), when I get word from my people I'll post in here (Haven't watched wrestling for years)

^Surely that can't be legal.

They already know the winner yeh?

Who? WWE does, not the bookies.

The bookies would have just as much an idea of who wins what match as what I would. Remember that bookies usually go off stats etc. and obviously that isn't possible for WWE. My guess is that they just copy overseas odds.

I have kept an eye on this for the last year as my mate is still keen on Wrestling, have seen some handy $3+ winners in the last few PPV's but haven't touched anything yet. He reckons Team Authority @ $3.50 is a decent chance @ Survivor Series.

I dont get the part where people can outlay money on an event that has a pre determined winner.

Sure, the wwe knows, whose not to say an employee could leak information to family and friends regarding the winner.

Ceebs finding the article but that's pretty much what happened at Mania this year. Leak came out that the streak was ending & Brock plunged from $41 to $1.01. That's why they only have $20 max bets as it is a drop in the ocean for a bookmaking company. Although I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that someone put like $30k on Taker (Overseas) so there must be a site with way bigger limits.

This isn't much differrnt to bookmakers betting on things like big brother and X factor winners. The shows producers have inside information. The simple fact is corporate bookmakers will be willing to hold very little on these markets. The reason they do is not for profit but further advertising there businesses. People (like us) talk about it and people then sign up to take advantage of having a bet in these novelty markets.

• Like 1

Someone always has more information, even in sport or horse racing.

Pretty sure that's why almost every bookmaker gives horse owners like a 10-20% bonus for betting on their own horse if it wins, to encourage the owner to bet with them and so if they see an owner betting a lot on their own horse it will give them an insight into how confident the owners are.

Edited by Tesla

Yes but for both examples, reality tv and horses, there is a chance that an underdog or less favorite could get up. Something could happen to cause the favourite to lose nahmeen?

Wwe- the result is set in stone already.

Just my thoughts.

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's $20 max, in a lot of ways it's just a gimmick.

If that gets a new person to signup with their site, it will be worth it even if that person wins. A new customer is worth a lot of money to these guys, why do you think they give away up to like $500 in bonus bets to new customers to induce them to signup.

At the end of the day, Ladbrokes were giving away cash refunds upto $20 if your bet doesnt win for 1 race each spring carnival event, basically they could only lose $$$ off those but I reckon it has worked out well for them as it would have drawn a lot of people to bet with them.

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu