Melbourne Football

Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call it

MaliMate

Lankan Rupee setting me up for tomorrow after using $100 free bet on him.. few other wins made for a nice night.

Protest was ridiculous though and was shitting myself with how long it took, happy common sense prevailed.

Still have no idea about the Plate though, still like to see exactly how track is playing tomorrow.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lankan Rupee setting me up for tomorrow after using $100 free bet on him.. few other wins made for a nice night.

Protest was ridiculous though and was shitting myself with how long it took, happy common sense prevailed.

Still have no idea about the Plate though, still like to see exactly how track is playing tomorrow.

Ladbrokes paying out on protests results either way is a big relief...

I remember once at Caulfield in what was described as one of the worst upheld protests ever I lost out on a 20 to 1 shot... I really could not believe it when the best judge of racing I know by the longshot told me when the siren went not to worry because there was nothing in it.

Edit - Sill cant believe I got 4-1 on Lankan Rupee last night.

Edited by cadete

Ladbrokes paying out on protests results either way is a big relief...

I remember once at Caulfield in what was described as one of the worst upheld protests ever I lost out on a 20 to 1 shot... I really could not believe it when the best judge of racing I know by the longshot told me when the siren went not to worry because there was nothing in it.

Edit - Sill cant believe I got 4-1 on Lankan Rupee last night. Yeah the corporates are good with the protest payout, 99% sure it doesn't apply to free bets though so was shitting myself, especially when it was taking so long.

Yeah was very happy to take the same odds.. Amazing what happens when you take an extremely quick horse out of the gates to the front at MV unlike the garbage ride last time.

Edited by MHFCRC

There was some decent value on the total goals market for the derby when I placed a bet last night. I played it safe and only did over 1.5 goals, but decent value across the board depending on how much risk you want. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 4-5 goals tonight.

Edited by Tesla

Lost 3 bets on the horses, got 3 cash refunds, lost $0.

Won over 1.5 goals on the derby.

Won over 2.5 goals on west ham vs man city.

Just put a bet on Bordeaux for lols, not that I think they have much chance of winning, but $8.20 is ridiculous odds for 2nd vs 3rd.

Edited by Tesla

A friend of mines horse is running this arvo in Wodonga if anyone fancies it, R7 No.9 Mish Mosh. Was $7 this morning, into $3.80 now. I took it @ $4.20 earlier.

How did it go?

Came 4th, didn't get to watch it but sounded like it got done in about the last 100m on the radio. Won't be backing again.

Tip of the week Heerenveen paying 5.65 and 4.50 on dnb to beat twente away. Heerenveen are above twente and difficult to beat, only lost twice in the opening ten rounds. Easily worth a punt. PEC Zwolle at 6.85 is decent money away v feyenoord for a 3v4 encounter as well. Dem eredivisie odds!!

$4 for Signoff with Ladbrokes was a laugh

Getting another refund from Ladbrokes wasn't bad either. Actually only lost money on race 2 so far today (refund on race 1 for 2nd, refund on race 3 and race 4 if horse doesnt win, free bet used on race 5). Rising Romance & He's Your Man both look good value for the next, but I cbf actually risking losing money on the horses, I'm better off betting on some soccer tonight.

Have Sydney -1, thought I lost it for a sec there but Jenjetavoic is a top bloke and saved that penalty and follow up :up:

Uterecht vs Vitesse over 3.5 tonight, just cause I love Vitesse's all out attacking approach (that, and they've been over 3.5 7/10 times this season, while Uterecht have been over 3.5 5/10 times this season. Given these are two teams that are over 50% going over 3.5, $2.05 seems a good price)

Starting to understand why serious punters stick to horses. I'm pretty good at winning bets on soccer (unlike horses) but the returns feel pathetic after betting on horses. Requires you to be correct too often, which is probably not sustainable.

On the horses you can lose 6 bets and then win the 7th and make profit eg yesterday.

Edited by Tesla

• malloy changed the title to Betting/Gambling/Punting Whatever you call itI'mhu