Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

Charlotte Dawson was a cunt who bullied young girls on a TV show, then cried bullying when she acted like a fuckwit on twitter. No great loss to the world.

Don't really know who she is and I honestly can't be fucked google it. Therefor I agree.

Anyway...

Would rather paint my front lawn and watch the grass grow/paint dry at the same time than watch a game of...

-NFL

-Basketball

-Baseball

-Ice Hockey

(Basically every American sport)

Boring as fuck and Americas obsession with time outs makes me want to murder puppies.

While i can agree that timeouts piss me off like crazy (especially in close games in the NBA!) The incredibly athleticism shown in both the NBA and NFL is better than any other sport in the world. The things these blokes do are not human, incredible dunks and amazing runs, and considering how tall they are, players who are 6 foot 8 look like there 6 foot the way they move. The skill they show be able to jump like 10 feet in the air is just amazing!

Baseball and ice hockey are meh though, if there on i'll watch it but to me anyway baseball is a shitter version of cricket and ice hockey you can't even see the puck half the time, what type of sport doesn't allow you to see the object you play with?

Edited by kingofhearts

Baseball and ice hockey are meh though, if there on i'll watch it but to me anyway baseball is a shitter version of cricket and ice hockey you can't even see the puck half the time, what type of sport doesn't allow you to see the object you play with?

You aren't playing it though. From personal experience of playing one and having a crack at the other, its not hard at all.

Ice Hockey is an extremely underrated sport to watch on TV IMO. Baseball does suck but I don't mind watching it around World Series time just cause of ESPN's coverage. 160 games or whatever they play is way too much, I tried to get into it once but just too boring for my liking.

Baseball is like Cricket you need to grow up with it to be able to get through the boredom.

• Like 4

You aren't playing it though. From personal experience of playing one and having a crack at the other, its not hard at all.

True, was more talking about my shit eye sight and watching it on T.V, it's very hard to see the puck most of the time for me anyway.

I played a bit of ice hockey at school, on the school basketball courts with a puck if that counts! and tbh, it wasn't too bad. Wouldn't be goalie again though,

• Like 1

True, was more talking about my shit eye sight and watching it on T.V, it's very hard to see the puck most of the time for me anyway.

I played a bit of ice hockey at school, on the school basketball courts with a puck if that counts! and tbh, it wasn't too bad. Wouldn't be goalie again though,

Ice Hockey on your School Basketball Court? :unsure:

Roller, with a puck that has ball bearings builtin, or maybe running around with plastic sticks and a ball.

• Like 1

Roller, with a puck that has ball bearings builtin, or maybe running around with plastic sticks and a ball.

Roller Hockey is the not same at Ice Hockey - I am sure u know that more than anyone else here.

Roller Hockey is the not same at Ice Hockey - I am sure u know that more than anyone else here.

Yeah basically roller hockey is what we played, fwiw i would love to have a go at ice hockey, but i honestly wouldn't know where in Melbourne where you could play it.

In terms of entertainment value:

Slam ball>Basketball

Lingerie football>NFL

Chess>Baseball

Watching kids faceplant at caribbean rollerama>Ice Hockey

Rofl

My brother in law managed "Caribbean Rollerama" on Saturdays when he was at Uni and I went there a few times to see him and get free food and that place is a fucken time warp and fucken funny.

• Like 1

Its pretty much the same sport. Its not like comparing tennis and table tennis, its more like comparing Volleyball and Beach Volleyball.

Its pretty much the same sport. Its not like comparing tennis and table tennis, its more like comparing Volleyball and Beach Volleyball.

Which are pretty different sports...

Different scoring system, very different rules, signficantly different amount of players, and different techniques involved in playing the game.

The concept and fundamental skills are the same.

You could say the same about Soccer and Futsal,

Yet I am sure most on here would agree that they are still two very different unique sports.

Of course they are unique Rules are different, playing area is different size and material, ball is different, team size is different, goals are different, the only thing the same is you cannot touch the ball with your hand.

skip to 0:45

Played ice hockey for a few years - would still be playing but it's expensive as fuck - and yeah, you can lose sight of the puck pretty easy at times, especially in scrambles in front of the net.... or when it gets too foggy out on the ice at the Oakleigh rink!

Edit: to get back on topic.... I actually don't mind Carl on TWD.

Edited by milanista93

I know this is gonna be unpopular, but i fucking hate it when I'm in yarraside and people are standing on chairs in front of me. I don't mind when flags are in front of me, or people are clapping above their heads, and i don't really mind it right after a goal when yarraside erupts. I get thats part of being in active support

No, I don't stand in yarraside to get a good view of the game, but i fucking hate it when I can't see the game cause someone in front is on a chair that isn't even fucking chanting. Sure I could just stand on my chair, but then i feel like an asshole to people behind me. 

I know this is gonna be unpopular, but i fucking hate it when I'm in yarraside and people are standing on chairs in front of me. I don't mind when flags are in front of me, or people are clapping above their heads, and i don't really mind it right after a goal when yarraside erupts. I get thats part of being in active support

No, I don't stand in yarraside to get a good view of the game, but i fucking hate it when I can't see the game cause someone in front is on a chair that isn't even fucking chanting. Sure I could just stand on my chair, but then i feel like an asshole to people behind me.

Mate I'm just tall. I'm not actually standing on the seat. Edited by dRoy
  • Like 2