Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

4 hours ago, strider said:

Hunky Dory is average at best 

9 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So much of this, when i lived in Port Melbourne it was always packed. I could never understand why it is no better than your local fish and chip shop.

Best Fish and Chip Shop in Melbourne is Kiwi Fish and Chips in East Melbourne... I'm sure others will say elsewhere this but I have never heard anyone knock the place when they have tried it...

Edited by cadete

I just want somewhere that has vinegar that is actually vinegar and not water.

Apparently there are some decent ones on the peninsula, which I buy since there are a lot of English people there.

Speaking of English and fish and chips, they seem to use malt vinegar or whatever it is (it's not white) in England and the vinegar definitely seemed better but still not 100% satisfied with the vinegar but I only went to like 3 places there. I do think it's the better vinegar option though. I do like how the batter is generally lighter over there, cunts here don't know what they're doing with the batter. Also, cod > flake.

Edited by Tesla

Just now, NewConvert said:

So what are your favourite alcoholic beverages? Name brands as well - don't just say beer because I will assume Carlton Draught/VB and you may be a Tooheys man.

Not a big beer fan either, American beers probably my favourite out of beers eg Bud, Millers, etc.

But I'd put cider as my favourite non-spirit alcohol, will put Bulmers up as a brand, but like most especially ones that aren't too sweet.

Apart from that, I just like simple mixed drinks, scotch and coke, cognac and coke (probably a waste of cognac but whatever), vodka and almost anything, rum sometimes results in a decent drink too, etc.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Not a big beer fan either, American beers probably my favourite out of beers eg Bud, Millers, etc.

But I'd put cider as my favourite non-spirit alcohol, will put Bulmers up as a brand, but like most especially ones that aren't too sweet.

Apart from that, I just like simple mixed drinks, scotch and coke, cognac and coke (probably a waste of cognac but whatever), vodka and almost anything, rum sometimes results in a decent drink too, etc.

If you think Budweiser (the American one) is beer you may be beyond help.

Normal people don't use  rice to make  beer.

As to wine, Well we like what we like but all wine is not the same, so you might find you like different stuff to what you've tried so far.

• Like 1

Beers: generally Coopers followed by Little creatures and English and German Beers.

Cider: not a cider drinker but I can tolerate some pear ciders

Spirits: Always neat - Scotches, Rums, Vodkas, Shocchu, Pisco, etc. I'll pass up on Ouzo, American Whiskys and only recently begun drinking G&Ts again.

Wines: Reds, Whites, fortifieds and nihon-shu

I generally don't discriminate between alcoholic beverages.

Cider is my constant alcoholic beverage, number is somersby Apple cider, then probably bulmers.

Rum is my favourite spirited drink, Havana club is usually rum of choice but also divulge in Bundy and Bacardi.

Also drink scotch usually straight, double black is a good cheap choice.

Beer when at home is carona, beer when I'm out is usually craft whatever is on tap but mountain goat is a good brew and four pines.

Also will drink wine if I'm out having a good steak for dinner.

Edited by drewmelbcity

Just about everyone I know love Fat Yak but for what ever reason it does not appeal. On very hot days a pilsner style is great - Asahi, Perroni. Ales are more my thing during summer and if available a Saison. Premium Boag or Cascade are also good. If I'm travelling around Victoria I always ask whether there are any local microbreweries and try their stuff.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The correct way to drink whiskey is once or twice neat as the distiller intended it to be tasted. Once you've done that you can add the dash of water or ice.

The drop or two of water (and I mean literal drops) activates the flavours in the whiskey. Ice shouldn't be used as it cools the whiskey too much and dulls the flavours.

So in conclusion you are wrong.

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Whatever credibility you had is now lost.

Is it because I spelt it wrong or my beer of choice if it is the former then keep in mind I have two young ones who don't sleep and most time I write on this forum I'm not thinking straight. If it is because of the beer of choice it is just the taste with the lime that I love. I like lime and tend to drink a lot of mojitos, mineral water with lime in it.

1 hour ago, malloy said:

The drop or two of water (and I mean literal drops) activates the flavours in the whiskey. Ice shouldn't be used as it cools the whiskey too much and dulls the flavours.

Quite right two drops of water helps unleash the flavours also a glass with a long stem bottom is better then your conventional whisky glass to consume it with. You see the heat generated by the hand holding the whisky glass makes it difficult to pick up the variety of flavours a scotch/ whisky has developed.

Edited by drewmelbcity

1 hour ago, malloy said:

Which ones better out of Pepsi Max or Diet Coke to mix whiskey with?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, malloy said:

Can confirm I've seen blue label at malloy's house so he clearly knows what he is talking about. 

40 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Probably just found the bottle and filled it up with tea.

My younger brothers tried that with me in their early teens thinking that I would not notice. They also drank my good rum and topped it up with some cheap stuff they had got someone else to buy for them. I just looked at the bottle and it was just the wrong colour.

8 hours ago, malloy said:

Can confirm I come from a family of whiskey enthusiasts and what you're saying is pretty much true but I'm not wrong. No water is the proper way to drink whiskey initially.

6 minutes ago, marn11 said:

This is the correct opinion. 

I will never watch MMA again. Aside from the wrestling, which I find boring, the sheer brutality is just too much. Belting opponents when a fight would have already been stopped. It's just wrong.

I know boxing can be brutal but it truly is "the sweet science". Winning a fight is often "art".

• Like 1