Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

I eat at Vegetarian Restaurants as a relic of a past relationships and I dont have that many problems with the movement (Unless its pushed on me) but I do with the Vegan Movement such as the following:

1. The country's Economy and Trade relies heavily on Livestock and has basically since the dawn of time.

2. In regards to Clothing: Wool is the most sustainable material we have for clothing so why not farm sheep for it rather than using other synthetic methods to create clothing.

3. Almond Milk: Which is a huge Vegan Trend at the moment but what is rarely mentioned growing Almonds is actually one of the most unsustainable types of farming due to the massive amount of water needed to grow the Almonds of which you need a lot to make Almond Milk. 

What does that statement mean? Belief is entirely subjective, I'm sure IS or the Taliban or the Nazi's (Godwin's law already?) believed they were fighting for good, would you consider them heroes?

Depends if they win.

What does that statement mean? Belief is entirely subjective, I'm sure IS or the Taliban or the Nazi's (Godwin's law already?) believed they were fighting for good, would you consider them heroes?

Depends if they win.

No it actually doesn't.

I'm a vegetarian trying to phase myself into veganism. I choose to not eat meat partially because I agree with thisphantomfortress' unpopular opinion and partially because if you watch some documentaries and read some articles and papers on the food industry you see that the way it is being done at the moment is pretty fucked up. The way that some places treat the animals and the way they handle hygene is really ordinary tbh. I would probably be more inclined to eat meat if I sourced it from somewhere I knew was doing the right thing like Jimmy spoke about with the farm he grew up on.

Edited by GreenSeater

I'm a vegetarian trying to phase myself into veganism. I choose to not eat meat partially because I agree with thisphantomfortress' unpopular opinion and partially because if you watch some documentaries and read some articles and papers on the food industry you see that the way it is being done at the moment is pretty fucked up. The way that some places treat the animals and the way they handle hygene is really ordinary tbh. I would probably be more inclined to eat meat if I sourced it from somewhere I knew was doing the right thing like Jimmy spoke about with the farm he grew up on.

A notable proportion of the girls I know who became Vegans developed Eating Disorders... TBH maybe the Eating Disorders came first I dont really know but its def a common theme.

NOTE: I am not saying a majority but its a trend I have seen a fair bit of.

Edited by cadete

I don't see why we need to refer to specific groups of "people" in our Constitution. I don't see what benefit it brings anyone. And if we mention one particular "group" what about all the other "groups"?

The Constitution starts with the words "Whereas the people of...have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth..."  - that means everyone as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

I don't see why we need to refer to specific groups of "people" in our Constitution. I don't see what benefit it brings anyone. And if we mention one particular "group" what about all the other "groups"?

The Constitution starts with the words "Whereas the people of...have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth..."  - that means everyone as far as I am concerned.

Its more symbolic than anything, I can't see there being any real life implications if there were a change. And lets be frank, even if it is a token gesture we've done our best to fuck them over for long enough now so its the least we could do.

• Like 3

Its more symbolic than anything, I can't see there being any real life implications if there were a change. And lets be frank, even if it is a token gesture we've done our best to fuck them over for long enough now so its the least we could do.

Speak for yourself, I've done nothing to fuck them over. 

• Like 2

Now that is a proper unpopular opinion. I'm not going to argue on here about it just punch you in the face next time I see you, cunt.

I'll back BeardedHeart to the notion that Foos are superior to Nirvana.

That being said, I still don't mind me a bit of Nirvana.

• Like 1

Lol - The only slightly interesting to come out of the whole Grunge Movement was Nirvana and maybe a couple of Soundgarden songs.

But I like Duran Duran so my opinion probably doesn't count to most on here.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2