Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

UOTYH : If I was to adopt the average persons incorrect definition of 'over paid', based on some deluded belief that they are capable of subjectively interpreting someone's value to society, rather than my own correct definition based on market distortions, I would probably nominate actors as the most over paid profession.

Speak a few lines someone else has come up with and dont be completely retarded, that's about all it takes.

Edited by Tesla

They'll remain overpaid and a massive influence on pop culture as long as we have retards willing to fork out the cash to see them on a consistent basis. The dumbing down of society only helps those who provide "the arts"/entrainment e.g.. Actors, athletes. Couple that with fake useless jobs like hedge fund mangers and 90% of the banking sector and you end up with a pretty shitty outlook in the future. 

Look at wage growth in the working class sector compared to the entertainment/banking sector (approx 2% vs 15%). Its fucking frightening. 

The illuminati have got this shit down pat. Well done Miley Vyrus.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 8:00 AM, Tesla said:

UOTYH : If I was to adopt the average persons incorrect definition of 'over paid', based on some deluded belief that they are capable of subjectively interpreting someone's value to society, rather than my own correct definition based on market distortions, I would probably nominate actors as the most over paid profession.

Speak a few lines someone else has come up with and dont be completely retarded, that's about all it takes.

I reckon Male Models are more pointless myself.

8 hours ago, cadete said:

I reckon Male Models are more pointless myself.

All models are pointless, legit a plastic mannequin does the same job. Also what a waste of money going to fashion shows, only one I would consider would be Victoria's Secret but its pointless because I would never have a shot with them, plus I can beat my meat at home to other stuff... for free!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I find the concept of “Spud of the week” distasteful 

Console yourself with the fact that the votes are not being accumulated to find the "Spud of the Season."

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I'm the same, but I think there is a hidden agenda behind it. 

Which is?

38 minutes ago, Jovan said:

In fact you might find it isn't an unpopular idea. 

I always cringe when individual players are targeted and named as "worst".

So do I. But it seems necessary for many people to have a whipping boy.

Edited by jw1739

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH : if you're dumb enough to buy a franchise you deserve to have your life ruined and lose all your money.

In what way? A guy from the place im from owns 7/10 of the Maccas in the region. He's filthy rich and doesn't work.

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

UOTYH : if you're dumb enough to buy a franchise you deserve to have your life ruined and lose all your money.

Can't say I generally agree, and more than anything would say buying into a franchise is like any financial investment: you have to do your due diligence and make sure you know what you're getting into.

41 minutes ago, haz said:

In what way? A guy from the place im from owns 7/10 of the Maccas in the region. He's filthy rich and doesn't work.

Same goes for me, I know a number of people who've done well outta franchises (including Maccas and Subway but also a bunch of other franchises).

Edited by mattyh001

1 minute ago, mattyh001 said:

Can't say I generally agree, and more than anything would say buying into a franchise is like any financial investment: you have to do your due diligence and make sure you know what you're getting into.

Same goes for me, I know a number of people who've done well outta franchises (including Maccas and Subway but also a bunch of other franchises).

Hence why @Tesla said its an UOTYH

Nah you're right, it does come down to doing your due diligence. My comment was more a general one, it does seem that maccas is a good one for example, but the majority seem to be scams.

Charge you too much, force you to do expensive as fuck refurbs, if you're doing well they'll just open another next to you, etc. A lot of people must be not doing their due diligence signing up to ones with some of those dodgy terms. Not sure how much value you even get out of a lot of them, shit like Gloria jeans or Donut King or whatever the fuck isnt even that strong a brand. 

Also a lot of them,  even if they aren't scams, if the owner can actually do  well off it it's a lot down to their individual attributes as much as anything in which case they could probably do well in a different business and don't need to be franchising.

I just hate fucking franchises tbh, shit for customers, generally shit for franchisees, generally only good for franchiser. 

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

It's funny that you should say that @Tesla.

I was actually reading the link below via my fb feed over dinner, and now that you say it I do get where you're coming from early.

People like these who lose their money do make you wonder.

And if nothing else, does make the idea of getting into a franchise a bit iffy 

In part, it seems like either

(a.) they're trying to make a quick / easy buck and go a "brand" as if the brand name reduces the risk the minute you buy in,

(b.) those who invest don't have the means by which to make work - ie a lack of family / financial commitments elsewhere so they can more easily invest the time and money to build & maintain the business, or

(c.) don't bother to read the contract when getting into the business / whenever the head office makes a change, and thereby don't understand the risks and pitfalls.

In saying that, I'm sure there are plenty of franchise / pyramid scheme like scams out there too. Can never be too careful 

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/01/15/18/40/man-forced-to-empty-kids-bank-accounts-to-pay-michels-franchise-debts

Edited by mattyh001

On 1/16/2018 at 8:51 PM, Tesla said:

Nah you're right, it does come down to doing your due diligence. My comment was more a general one, it does seem that maccas is a good one for example, but the majority seem to be scams.

Charge you too much, force you to do expensive as fuck refurbs, if you're doing well they'll just open another next to you, etc. A lot of people must be not doing their due diligence signing up to ones with some of those dodgy terms. Not sure how much value you even get out of a lot of them, shit like Gloria jeans or Donut King or whatever the fuck isnt even that strong a brand. 

Also a lot of them,  even if they aren't scams, if the owner can actually do  well off it it's a lot down to their individual attributes as much as anything in which case they could probably do well in a different business and don't need to be franchising.

I just hate fucking franchises tbh, shit for customers, generally shit for franchisees, generally only good for franchiser. 

You always rave on about your Cheeky Nandos... so you like at least one Franchise.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1