Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

Dominos and Pizza Hut are both horrible.

Pizza Hut Works is not horrible...

ESP when you see relatives of Well Known MP's there. :up:

Or a kid going for probably his first job interview

LOL - That kid is probably living with his missus and her two kids in Wendouree West by now.

• Like 1

They are nice pizzas, but not worth $20 each. No pizza should be worth $20 unless its in a nice restaurant and you're paying for the service.

The $30+ pizza I had in Adelaide was pretty fucking good and I don't regret paying that much.

Could go one right now TBH.

Central Park pizza malvern east.

$16 large chockas with topping.

And their delivery guy goes for heart too.

Lol - The last time I ate a Pizza from there I literally was rocking an middle part undercut...

That was my Friday Night Pizza Joint when I lived East Malvern as a kid/teenager.

Only place I eat pizza from is Lygon street.

All other places are inferior.  

:droy:

Take it from someone who lived on Lygon Street for years - The Pizza on Lygon Street is pretty fucken awful.

There are tons of better places to eat Pizza in the Inner North.

• Like 1

So many levels of overrated.

Any Italian Resturant that has a Flatscreen TV going in it...

In my book is a: No go zone.

Edited by cadete

Mercadante's pizza is amazing, and i'll hear nothing more of it!

Also like Barbarinos pizza for anyone who lives on that side of the town

:huh:

• Like 2

Mercadante's pizza is amazing, and i'll hear nothing more of it!

Also like Barbarinos pizza for anyone who lives on that side of the town

:huh:

lol should've reworded it to only pizza I pay for to eat is from lygon street.

scabbed some barbarinos from a mate's house the other week and wasn't to bad.

UOTIH - I like dominos. If I'm feeling lazy and poor I can order a a Supreme + chicken for $5 with the right coupon straight from my iphone. Obsviously not the freshest ingredients, but it beats waiting 40 mins and paying $20 for something "groumet" with a simliar taste.

UOTIH - I like dominos. If I'm feeling lazy and poor I can order a a Supreme + chicken for $5 with the right coupon straight from my iphone. Obsviously not the freshest ingredients, but it beats waiting 40 mins and paying $20 for something "groumet" with a simliar taste.

Well there's your problem right there. You are ordering "groumet" pizzas

• Like 6

Everytime there's a mass shooting in the states I can't help but feel alittle disappointed when the nut job only takes out 5 or 6 people.

The only reason I sometimes feel the same is that killing sprees that are of less than 10 never bring the debate to gun control which the US desperately needs in some form.

It will probably take a 50+ mass shooting before anything gets done and until then we just have to deal with 11,000 homicides from gun violence every year

I hope that was your mindset when you posted this, otherwise it's probably not an unpopular opinion to say you're kind of an asshole.

And tomato sauce is the best sauce.

Everytime there's a mass shooting in the states I can't help but feel alittle disappointed when the nut job only takes out 5 or 6 people.

The only reason I sometimes feel the same is that killing sprees that are of less than 10 never bring the debate to gun control which the US desperately needs in some form.

It will probably take a 50+ mass shooting before anything gets done and until then we just have to deal with 11,000 homicides from gun violence every year

I hope that was your mindset when you posted this, otherwise it's probably not an unpopular opinion to say you're kind of an asshole.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Have you watched this guys video? Do you think gun control would have stopped him obtaining a gun (eg look at the bikies in Australia if you think gun control actually stops people that want a gun getting one)? And if he couldn't obtain a gun do you think that would have stopped him (eg the kunts in China that went on a killing spree with knives)?

A gun is a tool, a tool that can be used to kill people, and do so quite efficiently, I don't think anyone denies that. But if you think guns are the primary cause or the first place to lay blame when things like this happen, you're mistaken. I'd put the blame first on society, that it produces individuals like this. I'd also blame the media before guns, because they glorify these shooters and give the perpetrators the attention they desperately want.

Honestly, banning the media from reporting these things would wipe it out a lot quicker than gun control will, not that I advocate such extreme measures because I don't, but gun control is also an extreme measure that would be less effective.

• Like 1

The whole thing is ridiculous. It seems that everyone is using the story to further their own adgenda's. Feminists are saying that it is proof of patriarchy, others are saying it is proof of a need for gun control (I am an advocate of gun control btw), when in reality, the guy was just mentally unstable.

Edited by xXJawsaXx

And tomato sauce is the best sauce.

Hrmm, I guess I'm an asshole.

People using tragedies and disasters to push their own agenda's is nothing new. One of human nature's ugliest features.

The only reason I sometimes feel the same is that killing sprees that are of less than 10 never bring the debate to gun control which the US desperately needs in some form.It will probably take a 50+ mass shooting before anything gets done and until then we just have to deal with 11,000 homicides from gun violence every yearI hope that was your mindset when you posted this, otherwise it's probably not an unpopular opinion to say you're kind of an asshole.Guns don't kill people, people kill people.Have you watched this guys video? Do you think gun control would have stopped him obtaining a gun (eg look at the bikies in Australia if you think gun control actually stops people that want a gun getting one)? And if he couldn't obtain a gun do you think that would have stopped him (eg the kunts in China that went on a killing spree with knives)?A gun is a tool, a tool that can be used to kill people, and do so quite efficiently, I don't think anyone denies that. But if you think guns are the primary cause or the first place to lay blame when things like this happen, you're mistaken. I'd put the blame first on society, that it produces individuals like this. I'd also blame the media before guns, because they glorify these shooters and give the perpetrators the attention they desperately want.Honestly, banning the media from reporting these things would wipe it out a lot quicker than gun control will, not that I advocate such extreme measures because I don't, but gun control is also an extreme measure that would be less effective. I definitely agree the problem in America is certainly more systemic that gun control won't be able to solve it all, media and society are probably the biggest problem, the media just give the people what they want to see and unfortunately it's stories like this for days in which they go into so much detail of the psychos life. The NRA then uses these stories to sell more guns, garner support and make it harder to pass laws, including background checks on mentally ill people. I don't know how this guy got his gun but he might have been stopped here and just wielded his knife. I don't agree with your bikie analogy, just because you can't stop 100% cases doesn't mean it shouldn't be a law, and I don't see any down side to having background checks.

However I don't really know how to fix the media and society problem. The media can't be banned because of freedom of the press in the first amendment. And even if they did, this would've spread (and I'm guessing that's how it became news in the first place) on social media anyway, which this guy can easily access, and any other story can spread.

But it's just a routine now. Young man kills, media sensationalise the story, people on the left want gun control, NRA release press conference which scares people to buy more guns because they represent the gun manufacturers, congress doesn't pass anything, and then people on the left feel shit for being counter productive. Rinse and repeat every 4 months.

The only laws congress does pass with regard to gun control is preventing the sale of smart guns, which look like normal guns but require the owner to wear a wristband to use, and preventing the technology to encrypt serial numbers on bullets after being show so law enforcement knows which gun it was shot from. The only reason it didn't pass was because the NRA was against it, the NRA funds most of their campaigns and don't actually want people to feel safe, they sell guns when people are scared.

If we had this technology, I probably advocate that Australia should bring back guns with strict regulations.

And FYI, I was just trying to justify HeartFCs point, albeit failing, but if I were to have a discussion about gun control I certainly wouldn't use anecdotal evidence to push my case. I only bring up a hypothetical 50+ massacre since that's the only thing that would make congress act on a bill. Proof of this is that they were so close to passing a bill after sandy hook and no bill has been proposed since. Btw it was a pretty weak bill, would pretty much just require background checks at gun shows, limit assault weapon magazines and require a security guard at all schools.

Edited by Tbitm
  • Like 1

I don't agree with your bikie analogy, just because you can't stop 100% cases doesn't mean it shouldn't be a law, and I don't see any down side to having background checks.

I think background checks are fair, but I also understand why people would be against them.

The point about the bikies is, yes gun control can make it harder to obtain a gun, and maybe that will deter some or make them choose a less efficient weapon, which could save lives. But the other side of the argument is, criminals will still have guns, psychos can still get one if they really wanted too, the only people that can't now get one or have a really hard time getting one are the law abiding citizens, taking away their ability to defend themselves and others in a situation where someone is going to attack them with the aim of killing them. Probably not relevant if we were discussing Australia, because we have very little self defence rights, but in the US they have much stronger rights in that regard, especially in certain states.

That's basically partly where my stance on guns comes from, because I firmly believe in a person's right to defend themselves, their property, and other people by whatever means necessary. Not the BS laws we have in most Australian states where if some kunt breaks into your house and you injure him he will successfully sue you for $50k, and if you kill him you'll have to prove the force you used was reasonably proportionate (because you're going to stand there thinking about it when your life is in danger) if you don't want to go to jail. Anyway, to defend themselves effectively, people need to be allowed to posses guns and use them for self defence.

The other reason is because law abiding citizens shouldn't lose their rights just because some psycho kunt decides to go on a killing spree. The vast majority of gun owners follow the law.

Honestly, if I lived in the USA, I wouldn't even think twice about the 0.00001% chance some psycho kunt will shoot and kill me. But that's just me though.

While on the topic of crime and the US

UOTYH: Based on what I've seen on Cops, and the Australian equivalent shows, an Australian cop wouldn't survive a day in the US. Just compare how they approach 'suspects', Aussie cops have no clue.

While on the topic of crime and the US

UOTYH: Based on what I've seen on Cops, and the Australian equivalent shows, an Australian cop wouldn't survive a day in the US. Just compare how they approach 'suspects', Aussie cops have no clue.

Probably because if a cop defends themselves when attacked in Australia the media always go with the excessive force bullshit and side with the 'victim'.
  • Like 4