Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

The Church, Men at Work and Icehouse all had their momments as New Wave bands but the best Australian Act of all time is clearly Nick Cave.

No wonder you posted this under "unpopular opinions".

Cold Chisel is in a class of its own and anyone who doesn't agree should be banned from the forum, taken out, tipped into one our trademark wheelie bins and launched down the Yarra from Dight Falls in scenes similar to the Boag's beer ad.

The Church, Men at Work and Icehouse all had their momments as New Wave bands but the best Australian Act of all time is clearly Nick Cave.

No wonder you posted this under "unpopular opinions".

Cold Chisel is in a class of its own and anyone who doesn't agree should be banned from the forum, taken out, tipped into one our trademark wheelie bins and launched down the Yarra from Dight Falls in scenes similar to the Boag's beer ad.

ROFF

I detest those who eat meat on this Holy Day. I had a Filet-O-Fish from maccas today, it was horrible but the right thing to do.

I had Spaghetti Bolognese for lunch and the massive Lanes Edge Burger for dinner. Both were delicious.

I remember growing up thinking how wrong it was that McDonalds was open on Good Friday. Ah how my opinion has changed.

Australia will survive their World Cup group. Spain top, us second, Costa Rica third and Netherlands to implode and fuck up somehow.

I would agree with this if we were actually playing Costa Rica, Chile however is a different beast  ;)

Can I have some of what you two are on. We are absolutely no chance!! Won't even get a point. Probably won't even score.

This...

When I hear of some of the shiter possible players that Ange is looking at for the squad it actually makes me feel sad that things have gotten this bad. The problem being that none of these Overseas Coaches that we had really cared about looking towards the future.

• Like 1

Tbh I'm the biggest Socceroo potter going and have been shitting on them for the last year saying they won't get a goal at this tournament let alone a point. (Also have a sizeable wager on Australia losing to Chile in the first game).

But the closer it gets to June the more confidence I have in Ange and the squad. I just think if anyone can do it, it's Ange, and tbh it would not surprise me if the Roos rattled the Dutch. Also think that other teams might be complacent looking at the Socceroos squad.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm normally very positive, but this time we are well an truly fucked. Ange will be exposed as the shit kunt he is.

Only positive I see is Mat Ryan will have so many opportunities to impress, and I can see him doing a good job and getting picked up by a bugger club after the WC.

Tbh I'm the biggest Socceroo potter going and have been shitting on them for the last year saying they won't get a goal at this tournament let alone a point. (Also have a sizeable wager on Australia losing to Chile in the first game).

But the closer it gets to June the more confidence I have in Ange and the squad. I just think if anyone can do it, it's Ange, and tbh it would not surprise me if the Roos rattled the Dutch. Also think that other teams might be complacent looking at the Socceroos squad.

Hope I'm wrong.

My opinion sits roughly right here between these two opinions regarding the matter

I'm normally very positive, but this time we are well an truly fucked. Ange will be exposed as the shit kunt he is.

Only positive I see is Mat Ryan will have so many opportunities to impress, and I can see him doing a good job and getting picked up by a bugger club after the WC.

I think Ange has enough time with the squad to get them playing in a way that he wants. Teams won't be expecting much from Australia. There may not be the cattle that they had 6-7 years ago but I think this squad is actually underrated in a way.

I think Australia will definitely struggle when we don't have the ball but I think everyone will be surprised at how potent we can be when we have it. I definitely think Australia will get a point, even a win wouldn't shock me.

• Like 1

We're going to be playing with absolutely nothing to lose, whilst the likes of Spain and the Netherlands will have everything to lose.

Nobody believes me but we can beat Holland! Haha, might put on a sneaky $20 even.

Of course we can.

Now if we formed a league with these three nations and played each other (say) 5 times, we would finish stone mother-less last; but in a one off game you've always got a bit of a chance and even more so when your opponents don't rate you at all (deservedly, it has to be said).

• 2 weeks later...

Disagree - Having my Kindle App on my Iphone means I have my book wherever I go and a new book on the spot and has seen me able to read twice as much as used to when I just read books.

I am able to complete a book in under a fortnight these days and its seen me able to read such a greater variety of Fiction and Non Fiction... if u do a lot of reading Kindle is a fantastic invention.

• Like 1

Disagree - Having my Kindle App on my Iphone means I have my book wherever I go and a new book on the spot and has seen me able to read twice as much as used to when I just read books.

I am able to complete a book in under a fortnight these days and its seen me able to read such a greater variety of Fiction and Non Fiction... if u do a lot of reading Kindle is a fantastic invention.

Not to sound like a pompous git but this is ok for reading for leisure or perusing news articles but when it comes to reading for purpose ie in depth study of a subject contained with a piece of writing, for me, there is simply no equal to being able to tangibly grapple with the physical book/photocopy. 

I find my skim reading suffers on electronic devices as well and as a result no where near as much sinks in. 

• Like 1