Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

It is ok to hip and shoulder people who don't let you off the tram before they get on

Youd love the subways in China

I've heard most Asian countries train systems are fucked like that

Can anyone whose been to japan confirm that those bblokes who force people into the train actually exist?

The Japs have the best train etiquette in the world, they line up in rows of two at each spot on the platform where the doors open while they wait for the train to arrive. I didnt see anybody forcing people into trains, but I'd say they are more attendants to make sure people are safe rather than anything else. 

The Chinese were the worst, they just all pile in before anybody gets off. We'd actually make a game of it and 4 of us would all get off side by side as slow as we could so nobody could get on. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 2

It is ok to hip and shoulder people who don't let you off the tram before they get on

Youd love the subways in China

I've heard most Asian countries train systems are fucked like that

Can anyone whose been to japan confirm that those bblokes who force people into the train actually exist?

The Japs have the best train etiquette in the world, they line up in rows of two at each spot on the platform where the doors open while they wait for the train to arrive. I didnt see anybody forcing people into trains, but I'd say they are more attendants to make sure people are safe rather than anything else. 

The Chinese were the worst, they just all pile in before anybody gets off. We'd actually make a game of it and 4 of us would all get off side by side as slow as we could so nobody could get on. 

That's Japanese politeness for you haha.

Melbourne's train etiquette can be pretty bad sometimes, but at least it isn't as bad as Chinese trains I guess haha.

Probs gonna cop heat, but when you see a really fit bird who is never even a part time advocate rip a bewg... When it's the once every so often thing and you watch the sheer elegance and grace of the smoke rise up the bong (which she is unintentionally titfucking)... Boy oh boy wowee. Probably the Franga coming out in me but had a flashback to schoolies when I saw an 8.5-9/10 rip one so flawlessly, it was sheer heaven...

• Like 1

Probs gonna cop heat, but when you see a really fit bird who is never even a part time advocate rip a bewg... When it's the once every so often thing and you watch the sheer elegance and grace of the smoke rise up the bong (which she is unintentionally titfucking)... Boy oh boy wowee. Probably the Franga coming out in me but had a flashback to schoolies when I saw an 8.5-9/10 rip one so flawlessly, it was sheer heaven...

Aslong as they ain't fiends nothing worse than staying at a bitches to wake up and find she smoked the last of the mix before you woke up.
  • Like 2

Key words here being fit bird & 8.5-9/10.

• Like 1

If cyclists really want all these laws put in place which basically give them unfair preferential use of the road, they should:

Have to get a licence for riding their bikes on the road, to make sure they actually know how to use the roads

Have to pay rego for using the roads

Have to have a number plate on their bikes, so they can be fined for running red lights and speeding

• Like 5

If cyclists really want all these laws put in place which basically give them unfair preferential use of the road, they should:

Have to get a licence for riding their bikes on the road, to make sure they actually know how to use the roads

Have to have a number plate on their bikes, so they can be fined for running red lights and speeding

As well as this, they should do more to separate the car and bike lanes, like in Europe.... 

ie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_in_Denmark

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

As well as this, they should do more to separate the car and bike lanes, like in Europe.... 

ie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_in_Denmark

Sure, if the cyclists pay a toll, on top of the rego I propose they pay, for using these cycling lanes to pay for the cost of creating them :up:

Edited by Tesla

I pay tax, rates, registration on two cars, two cars petrol which incurs more tax, and ride push bikes most other days. Just wondering how much more I'm supposed to pay?

Registration for your bike

All of them? And the children's as well?

I pay tax, rates, registration on two cars, two cars petrol which incurs more tax, and ride push bikes most other days. Just wondering how much more I'm supposed to pay?

Registration for your bike

All of them? And the children's as well?

If they intend to place themselves on the road and be apart of the traffic then yes.

What is registration going to achieve exactly apart from pissing cyclists off which seems to be the main aim of people? And how many deaths are there a year from cyclists running red lights and speeding? How is somebody paying $40 a year going to stop cyclists from running red lights and speeding?

Car registration is 80% insurance which covers the 550 injuries that occur on the roads every 24 hours and doesn't cover the cost of building or maintaining roads. Thats something that comes out of taxes which everybody pays.  

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 5

If Police enforced cycling laws, then cycling offences will drop. Same goes for pedestrian laws. 

Everyone knows I ride a lot, so dont think I'm condoning cyclists breaking the law. I run reds, ride down the tram tracks, overtake cars illegally and obstruct traffic, but only when its safer for me to break the law than to follow the rules and risk getting rammed up the arse, sideswiped or get caught in someones blindspot when they change lanes.

I think there are 3 types of cyclists:

1. Those that follow the rules.

2. Those that dont.

3. Those that negotiate traffic the safest way possible. Sometimes this requires breaking the law.

• Like 2

If Police enforced cycling laws, then cycling offences will drop. Same goes for pedestrian laws. 

Everyone knows I ride a lot, so dont think I'm condoning cyclists breaking the law. I run reds, ride down the tram tracks, overtake cars illegally and obstruct traffic, but only when its safer for me to break the law than to follow the rules and risk getting rammed up the arse, sideswiped or get caught in someones blindspot when they change lanes.

I think there are 3 types of cyclists:

1. Those that follow the rules. Those that are hippie

2. Those that dont. Cunts

3. Those that negotiate traffic the safest way possible. Sometimes this requires breaking the law. Those that ride with common sense.

• Like 5

Register everything

Pay insurance on everything

Pay to use things again after getting taxed for it already.

Then get fined and punished for irrelevant, uncompromised, inflexible and often unnecessary rules/laws which everyone is too scared to question their validity.

Slowly all will be sanitized living in fear.

Fuk that I say

It was once said, and I'm paraphrasing,  that it would be easier to convince people to ride a bike if you could first convince them that they would not get run over and killed.

Whilst infrastructure requires money, hedaik has pointed out that most cyclists register cars and pay tax, rates etc. where most of the road funding and TAC come from. Perhaps a separate TAC registration for non car registering folk could be an option.

I understand Tesla's point about cyclists not being identifiable when they do go through red lights etc. and I agree that these people should be fined. I am also aware that traditional number plates on bikes are impractical due to weight and wind resistance. Also a proven knowledge of road rules should be a pre-requisite for anyone using the road. My personal grip is those who try and mow you down when you are walking straight across a road at an intersection and they are turning their vehicle into the street you are crossing and don't give way.

As far as registration,tolls etc. for funding bike paths, what about tolls for footpaths? Should all pedestrians be registered? If you want to be consistent that is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: When the fucks a cyclist gonna get done for speeding is all I wanna know
  • Like 1

Perhaps a free license with a written test for cyclists over the age of 16 could be required if you want to ride on the road, and you get a removal tag like a motorbike that needs to be displayed, but you can remove it and attach it to another bike if you need to.

Seems fair.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: When the fucks a cyclist gonna get done for speeding is all I wanna know

Ive done a 60 zone, but not an 80 zone....yet.

Ive done a 60 zone, but not an 80 zone....yet.

Scary as fuck.

Go to Oliver's Hill in Frankston, I can guarantee that you'd hit about 85. I have seen cops at the bottom waiting for cyclists before.

Unless you're riding in an alleycat or something, most cyclists tend to fall in to Bazz's third category.

For example, it's much safer for cyclists to do a sort of hook turn if turning right than sitting in the middle of an intersection with a truck up their arse.

It's just common sense, and unless you ride on a semi regular basis it can be hard to appreciate what the roads are like.

• Like 1

Probably going to get banned for this. But...

Game of thrones is really boring. Not as many boobs as I was lead to believe and it's just one big talk fest. Admittedly I am only half way through season 2 but so far it's a snooze fest. Barely anything exciting happens and by the time it does I have lost interest.

• Like 2

Game of thrones is really boring. Not as many boobs as I was lead to believe and it's just one big talk fest. Admittedly I am only half way through season 2 but so far it's a snooze fest. Barely anything exciting happens and by the time it does I have lost interest.

:redcard:

• Like 1

That opinion is beyond unpopular :redcard:

Tbh im not that taken with the show, the book on the other hand is amazing

What is registration going to achieve exactly apart from pissing cyclists off which seems to be the main aim of people? And how many deaths are there a year from cyclists running red lights and speeding? How is somebody paying $40 a year going to stop cyclists from running red lights and speeding?

Car registration is 80% insurance which covers the 550 injuries that occur on the roads every 24 hours and doesn't cover the cost of building or maintaining roads. Thats something that comes out of taxes which everybody pays.

I'm well aware of our poor road pricing system and our third party insurance monopoly, as I'm not a fan of either. Fwiw, on last check, I dont believe the insurance charge was 80%, think its not even 70%, but whatever. I also believe some of this insurance money ends up going back to Vicroads from the TAC, probably for road safety related programs.

While the majority of Vicroads money comes from state government grants, Vicroads has numerous other income streams, not just things like registration and licence fees but also even things like rent from the many houses they own, and as far as I know this is all just treated as general revenue and a specific revenue stream (eg government grants) isn't directly spent on the road network. So actually some of the money from registration fees does go to building and maintaining the roads.

I really dont see why cyclists shouldn't have to pay either registration or TAC fees (cyclists can still cause injuries, they may be less likely to cause them and the injuries they do cause will be generally less serious, but they can still cause them), obviously both would be significantly lower compared to the fees we pay for our cars.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When the fucks a cyclist gonna get done for speeding is all I wanna know

Those that ride bikes would know better thqn me, but pretty sure that 40 is quite doable on a flat road, and there are plenty of 40 zones these days. 60 is definitely doable on a downhill road as well as I have witnessed cyclists doing it.

It's just common sense, and unless you ride on a semi regular basis it can be hard to appreciate what the roads are like.

I can imagine, and I do appreciate the difficulties for cyclists, hence why I dont really oppose cyclists having some favourable road rules that assist them to use the roads safely, but I don't see why they should have other road rules in their favour which really don't assist them (the things I mentioned in my initial post)

Edited by Tesla