Melbourne Football

Apostolos Giannou

heart_fan10

Arrived in melbourne few days ago, out of favour with the new coach at PAOK in the Greek Super League, and is looking for a spot in the a-league with Heart or the Visitors.

23 year old striker, 6 foot 1, has represented Australia at U17 level and also represented Greece at U19 and U21 level.

Wouldn't take up a visa spot, could be a good backup striker to the visa striker we sign.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what was discussed yet, all I know he met with JD, and also spoke to Ange

He's been coached by Ange before at junior level so it could be a factor in deciding which Melbourne club he goes to.

As I said earlier in the thread, he's still contracted to PAOK, but has fallen out of favour with the new coach who has told him to search for a loan deal

So if he does sign for us it'll most likely be a loan deal

This player is a gun. Hope we go for him. He will bring something different up front. Better than dmac and hoff put together.

Need some clarification on the joining of Dmac & Hoff, does Dmac inherit Hoff's ability to look like a traffic cone whilst on the pitch as this ability far outweighs all other abilities? If this is the case Messi and Hoff combined would also be a traffic cone.

• Like 1

Where in my post do you see "every Greek player is a gun"

tbf every Greek player we are linked with you say would be a great signing but a player like Holt would be a waste of money (presumably because if we got Holt it would mean no Karagounis) 

Holt would be a great signing but I dont see how we can afford 2 mill in transfer fee. This is what sends clubs into administration. If we can get Holt on a free transfer I'm all for it. With regards to Karagounis he would work both on and off the field. But I very much doubt it this would happen.

Where in my post do you see "every Greek player is a gun"

tbf every Greek player we are linked with you say would be a great signing but a player like Holt would be a waste of money (presumably because if we got Holt it would mean no Karagounis) 

Holt would be a great signing but I dont see how we can afford 2 mill in transfer fee. This is what sends clubs into administration. If we can get Holt on a free transfer I'm all for it. With regards to Karagounis he would work both on and off the field. But I very much doubt it this would happen.

Getting off topic here but not sure why people are so obsessed with a transfer fee. Just consider it to be part of his wages (ie. if transfer fee is 2 mil and we're paying 1 mil in wages, consider it paying him 3 mil).

Is he worth it? Not sure. But we're only allowed 2 marquees so we might as well get the best 2 we can afford.

Can we afford it? Only the club really knows.

• Like 1

Holt would be a great signing but I dont see how we can afford 2 mill in transfer fee. This is what sends clubs into administration.

I'm surprised you have time to post on this forum given you must be a top investment banker for Goldman Sachs with your ability to see into the finances of companys so vividly without any prior information :up:

Holt would be a great signing but I dont see how we can afford 2 mill in transfer fee. This is what sends clubs into administration.

I'm surprised you have time to post on this forum given you must be a top investment banker for Goldman Sachs with your ability to see into the finances of companys so vividly without any prior information :up:

Mate, you seriously think Heart can  afford 2 million transfer fee when we only have 6500 members and 7k when we play at home? Dont have to be a top investment banker to figure this out TELSA.

Mate, you seriously think Heart can  afford 2 million transfer fee when we only have 6500 members and 7k when we play at home? Dont have to be a top investment banker to figure this out TELSA.

I reckon we got some money from our sponsors for the signing of kewell that is being put towards a marquee. Kinda similar to how Sydney got some from their sponsors for signing ADP to go to his wage.

watch your back TELSA!

• Like 1

I reckon we got some money from our sponsors for the signing of kewell that is being put towards a marquee. Kinda similar to how Sydney got some from their sponsors for signing ADP to go to his wage.

My understanding is that we actually have one of the most wealthy boards in the league. They are just tight arses. Seems like someone has convinced them that they need to invest a little more to get people excited about this club.

• Like 1

His uncle (whilst doing data cabling at my work) mentioned he was a bit of party animal, didn't take his game too seriously and preferred socializing over football. Has now matured and just wants regular game time (preferably at home). I wonder if it will be the red side of Melbourne...

My understanding is that we actually have one of the most wealthy boards in the league. They are just tight arses. 

How do you think they got wealthy?  By spending their money?

True. But there is a difference between smart and tight with money