Melbourne Football

Sponsors

kontra.11

Have heard this whisper. Westpac don't see bang for buck. I mentioned on this forum at the mid point of this year that this was the case. Why would you invest in this club right now? What exactly are they getting out of it?

Logic to me would suggest they would be questioning things. We had a target membership of 7,500 at year one and average attendance target of 10,000. Year 3 we are yet to even hit these goals. No successful organisation would want to be associated with this. Not at a major level.

Westpac love the community aspect of things so they may want to downgrade to just look after that. If these whispers are true, frightening.

The club has failed in every aspect, expect collatarel damage from that.

I am not impressed with what has happened over the past two seasons with our club. We cannot change the past and it would appear that the club is aware of supporters feelings, and if what is being said about Westpac is true, then the feelings of our financial backers as well.

I look forward to hearing the clubs plan to deal with these issues and watching them come to fruition.

Provided we can obtain replacement sponsors it may in fact be beneficial for us. I was told before we first kicked a ball that the conditions applied to us in return for the money were pretty onerous, and that in fact we would see little benefit in the sponsorship. If no longer beholden to Westpac and the 'community festival' concept we may be able to focus more on on-field performance.

It won't be the end of the world. Clubs change sponsors pretty regularly.

Provided we can obtain replacement sponsors it may in fact be beneficial for us. I was told before we first kicked a ball that the conditions applied to us in return for the money were pretty onerous, and that in fact we would see little benefit in the sponsorship. If no longer beholden to Westpac and the 'community festival' concept we may be able to focus more on on-field performance.

It won't be the end of the world. Clubs change sponsors pretty regularly.

What calibre of sponsor would be attracted to us right at this point of time? What would the finances be worth.

There would be heavy conditions in every sponsorship arrangement the fact is we had a bonafide blue chip sponsor giving us a substancial amount of funds and we cocked it up. I can't see any blue chip sponsor coming on board.

This is concerning if true.

It was doing the rounds at a state league game today..

I think the last 5 weeks did a lot of damage to the club both on and off the pitch..

Lost all the games in the run to the finals, players not trying, equal last and then crowd trouble at WSW game following from the derby stuff..

As a westpac employee i'd be very surprised if the sponsorship was renewed. The first 2 seasons heart was promoted regually within the organisation with discounts being offered and general promotion of the clubs activities in the community but that has been almost non existant in season 3. I hope i'm wrong but dosent look promising.

Edited by Ja 27

. So if Westpac or another sponsor wants to be televised prominently nationwide, then Heart is very well placed to attract sponsorship.

Yeah, the HAL is generating a lot more media and interest from the general public. This awareness can translate to extra sponsorship $$$$ particularly with live FTA broadcasting from next season. All positive stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

it really isnt... lol

just owned by westpac.

Owned by the Westpac Corporation. It's another branch of Westpac Corporation which also has Bank of SA, St George and Westpac so yes, really is Westpac. Just another branch to monopolise the market.

You can get a transfer from Westpac to BOM as an employee so it is the same thing. You would think there would issues of going to BOM if Westpac pull out no?