Melbourne Football

The Sauce Bottles - Central Coast Mariners

KSK_47

Stajcic was quite a punchy character who clearly didn’t mind a verbal stoush (so hard to warm to) but he’s achieved a miracle up there. I’ll be honest I don’t reckon their squad was that good. 
Look at their key players:

Ruon Tongyik. On his 4th or 5th club at 23 and barely played in years. Jack Clisby, the definition of an A League journeyman.

Danny De Silva ok, he’s quality but who’s he playing with? Bozanic who is only a role player now and some other blokes who at the start of the season no one had heard of. 

Up front the 51 year old Matt Simon, who can play an absolute maximum of 65 minutes a week, replaced by a kid from the bush who prior to this had been playing the heady heights of NPL1.

He leads the league for half the season and finishes third with that mob? 
I have to hand it to him.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Stajcic was quite a punchy character who clearly didn’t mind a verbal stoush (so hard to warm to) but he’s achieved a miracle up there. I’ll be honest I don’t reckon their squad was that good. 
Look at their key players:

Ruon Tongyik. On his 4th or 5th club at 23 and barely played in years. Jack Clisby, the definition of an A League journeyman.

Danny De Silva ok, he’s quality but who’s he playing with? Bozanic who is only a role player now and some other blokes who at the start of the season no one had heard of. 

Up front the 51 year old Matt Simon, who can play an absolute maximum of 65 minutes a week, replaced by a kid from the bush who prior to this had been playing the heady heights of NPL1.

He leads the league for half the season and finishes third with that mob? 
I have to hand it to him.

Pretty well. I despise him personality wise, and from the limited inside words ive had he deserved his sacking at the Tillies.

In saying that he steered at a garbage CCM squad, riddled with no self belief to 3rd on the table which in itself is a pretty solid achievement.

Going to be tough for them to recover next season i suspect.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Are you trying to hint that the Mariners will be back down towards the bottom of the league? 

And dukeing it out with the Newcastle and the tards.

sounds like Tongyik is away. Simon will turn what 59 next year, Kuol is off so they’ll need to find a new Tongyik and a new (but better) Kuol, as Simon will surely only have legs for bench appearances. If finding rough diamonds like Kuol was easy everyone would be doing it.

Montgomery has been around but ultimately he’s a novice senior coach at this level starting with arguably the toughest job in the league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

And dukeing it out with the Newcastle and the tards.

sounds like Tongyik is away. Simon will turn what 59 next year, Kuol is off so they’ll need to find a new Tongyik and a new (but better) Kuol, as Simon will surely only have legs for bench appearances. If finding rough diamonds like Kuol was easy everyone would be doing it.

Montgomery has been around but ultimately he’s a novice senior coach at this level starting with arguably the toughest job in the league. 

Yeah they have been depleted already! Have they lost De Silva as well plus big loss with the coach leaving too...