Melbourne Football

The Sauce Bottles - Central Coast Mariners

KSK_47

27 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Good, never liked him anyway. Any coach that smirks and laughs while breaking records for all the wrong reasons should be sacked. 

He had a very very poor squad last season, it's hard to believe they even met the minimum salary, it's difficult to judge him when he had a team that was useless.

Edited by Tesla

38 minutes ago, Tesla said:

He had a very very poor squad last season, it's hard to believe they even met the minimum salary, it's difficult to judge him when he had a team that was useless.

Agree. Tbh who knows the real goings on at the club. It still irked me how he held himself but perhaps it was done on purpose. 

Walmsley is a bonafide dumb cunt. Went through 4 keepers last season and continued to pick the worst of the lot week in week out despite him costing them goals on a weekly basis. When 99% of people watching can notice the blatantly obvious but the coach can't it's time for him to go.

The whole thing with Reddy didn't sit well with me.  I know I'm on the outside, but it just seemed like Walmsley and co were too precious about a bit of criticism.  Surely it could have been dealt with without sacking the player, i mean for once in Reddy's career he was actually playing well.  Instead we had this school yard like narrative, with one player dobbing on another about something he said.  Just bizarre.

As to winning anything with that team though, yeah well good luck.  On top of that they have off loaded the only players who were any good, so "the flagon with the dragon*" is still waiting for someone to pick it up.

Edited by Shahanga

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Should be amalgamated with Newcastle.

Or just remove the salary cap and allow transfer fees between A-League clubs and then let CCM be. They've already shown what happens when a team has to develop players to survive, they end up developing players. Fix the rules and they'll do it even more.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Or just remove the salary cap and allow transfer fees between A-League clubs and then let CCM be. They've already shown what happens when a team has to develop players to survive, they end up developing players. Fix the rules and they'll do it even more.

I tend to agree, but do you think with our limited know how of all the ins and outs of football in Australia there might be reasons why this wouldn't work? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Barring drastic change at club or league level, this club can't have more than a few seasons left in it.

Still have a sell on clause for Rogic.

Also if Club Brugge added a sell on % when they sold Ryan to Valencia, CCM are still entitled to their sell on % out  of Brugge's sell on %. Eg it's reported CCM added a 15% sell on fee when sold Ryan to Brugge, so they obviously got a 15% cut of Ryan's 7mil euro move to Valencia, but if Brugge also inserted (for example)  a 10% sell on fee when they sold him to Valencia, CCM still get a 15% of the extra money Brugge get. So when Real Madrid buy him for 40mil euros from Valencia, Brugge get say 4mil euros from Valencia, and have to still give 15% of that to CCM, so 600k euros. 

Aside from sell on clauses they've negotiated, they're still entitled to solidarity payments to all the youth that have played for them when they make a transfer.

With Ryan, for example, it should be 1.5% in solidarity payments of every transfer since he was there 3 years. So thats another 600k euros as per my example above if he made a 40mil euros transfer.

But obviously the key for CCM will be transfer fees being allowed between A-League clubs, meaning they can make even more money developing and hustling players. Plus if the salary cap went, so would the minimum salary, meaning they can just spend what they can afford on salaries and remain sustainable.

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Still have a sell on clause for Rogic.

Also if Club Brugge added a sell on % when they sold Ryan to Valencia, CCM are still entitled to their sell on % out  of Brugge's sell on %. Eg it's reported CCM added a 15% sell on fee when sold Ryan to Brugge, so they obviously got a 15% cut of Ryan's 7mil euro move to Valencia, but if Brugge also inserted (for example)  a 10% sell on fee when they sold him to Valencia, CCM still get a 15% of the extra money Brugge get. So when Real Madrid buy him for 40mil euros from Valencia, Brugge get say 4mil euros from Valencia, and have to still give 15% of that to CCM, so 600k euros. 

Aside from sell on clauses they've negotiated, they're still entitled to solidarity payments to all the youth that have played for them when they make a transfer.

With Ryan, for example, it should be 1.5% in solidarity payments of every transfer since he was there 3 years. So thats another 600k euros as per my example above if he made a 40mil euros transfer.

But obviously the key for CCM will be transfer fees being allowed between A-League clubs, meaning they can make even more money developing and hustling players. Plus if the salary cap went, so would the minimum salary, meaning they can just spend what they can afford on salaries and remain sustainable.

Allowing transfer fees between clubs will apply to all clubs, not just CCM. Yes it might help them more if they spend more effort than others in the area of player development, but it won't address the basics of the resources - or lack of - behind the club.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Allowing transfer fees between clubs will apply to all clubs, not just CCM. Yes it might help them more if they spend more effort than others in the area of player development, but it won't address the basics of the resources - or lack of - behind the club.

Transfer fees are a fundamental revunue stream for a club. After the gate and sponsorship what other form of revunue can a club generate. 

Oh I nearly forgot charge a 12 year old 2k a season to fund some b grade senior side.

Seriously if the FFA are not careful they will kill all the 2nd 3rd tier levels and decimate the grassroots for some fanciful level playing field that they change or enforce on a whim.

Remove the cap, remove the embargo on transfer fees and remove all the other restrictions on the clubs and allow them to find new innovative ways to develop. 

This US/AFL based model is flawed when it comes to the global game.

Rant over. Back to work 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Barring drastic change at club or league level, this club can't have more than a few seasons left in it.

Wait till Sydney sack Arnie and he crawls back to CCM. He'll get them playing their boring, defensive game and they'll be there-abouts.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading a Herald Sun report today, there are two foreign coaches being interviewed along with a few locals.

Given that one foreign coach has "experience with two English clubs after a long career in the English Premier League", I wonder if Di Canio is coming down under

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/south-australias-damian-mori-and-tony-vidmar-on-short-list-as-mariners-hunt-new-coach/news-story/e82d2d8e418263d301b0a91e16ab7166

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

This mob are hard to watch. Yeah organised, yeah can string s few passes together, but can't mount an organised consistent attack. 

No wonder they are second last

Just regarding tonight I don't agree. They did more than enough to get a draw at least. Really could have had two goals. Put Bruno in their team tonight and they would have scored a couple goals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Just regarding tonight I don't agree. They did more than enough to get a draw at least. Really could have had two goals. Put Bruno in their team tonight and they would have scored a couple goals. 

Your 2 potential goals must have come in the bits I didn't see (I did miss a bit).

All I saw was them squander what could be good opportunities, mostly due to poor decision making. 

wouldn't mind seeing a competitive Mariners team again, it's amazing to think they went from producing the likes of Rogic, Ryan, Sainsbury, Amini and Ibini to where they currently sit now. Yeah there's been improvements thanks to Okon but they are still so far off the pace. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hiariej

Good experience for a big dutch club Groningen. Impressive get for the Mariners hopefully they can improve as we need a 10 team league not a 9 team league. 

Mate, please note that you didn't need to start a new thread for your post. Before you post, look to see whether there's an existing thread to suit your post.