Melbourne Football

The Sauce Bottles - Central Coast Mariners

KSK_47

Fold this club. Seriously give the licence to Wollongong or Canberra instead. They are obsessed with building a shit team full of UK lower league rejects. Will easily be last next season.

Serious? Look at our club. Building a shit team for five seasons and continue to friggen build a shit team.

Fold this club. Seriously give the licence to Wollongong or Canberra instead. They are obsessed with building a shit team full of UK lower league rejects. Will easily be last next season.

Montgomery's been pretty good for them imo, but I too expect them to finish last providing Newcastle finally gets their shit together.

O'Donovan seems like an extremely terrible signing on the surface.

Got to be comparable to the latest announcement - Mitch Austin.  3 clubs for the season, being Conference North (4 games), League 2 (1 game) and Conference (8 games).

Hasn't sat in the stands at the Stadium of Light though, unlike O'Donovan.

We may need to go to special efforts if we are going to maintain our tradition of losing to these guys.

Serious? Look at our club. Building a shit team for five seasons and continue to friggen build a shit team.

Yeah but we're from Melbourne so we at least bring something to the table. What the fuck does Gosford bring to the table? 15 people watching on TV?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Serious? Look at our club. Building a shit team for five seasons and continue to friggen build a shit team. Yeah but we're from Melbourne so we at least bring something to the table. What the fuck does Gosford bring to the table? 15 people watching on TV?

Well if the players like tomato sauce...

Yeah but we're from Melbourne so we at least bring something to the table. What the fuck does Gosford bring to the table? 15 people watching on TV?

When they're not out surfing 

We don't even build a team. Just release some shit players at the end of each season and then sign more shit players.

We have a shameful record against CCM. Even last season we took just one point from them.

We don't even build a team. Just release some shit players at the end of each season and then sign more shit players.

We have a shameful record against CCM. Even last season we took just one point from them. Post-holiday depression got you down?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quote:

gettyimages-497083118_0.jpg?itok=pq4Yz59

The internal upheaval at Central Coast Mariners continues with the club intent on unmasking and cancelling the contract of an unknown player over a series of leaks, including sensitive match-day information on team matters.

Hot on the heels of the Liam Reddy saga and the exit of defender Eddy Bosnar, the Mariners' hierarchy is in the midst of an internal investigation, part of which has been the requesting of players' personal mobile phone records, in a bid to unveil the mole. 

Football Federation Australia has been informed of the on-going process, which could lead to the perpatrator's premature exit from Gosford, if the club gets their way.

It was initially believed the leaks, which have been doing the rounds on social media, have largely centred on a purported dressing room disharmony over coach Tony Walmsley and his tactics.

But what has enraged the club most is the alleged passing on of information involving sensitive team matters to third parties, actions which are seen by management as a breach of trust and conduct worthy of summary dismissal.

The probe into who is responsible has led to players being asked to divulge their call logs to management. To date, all but a small minority have complied in what amounts to a process of elimination as Mariners sleuths play Poirot.

This latest drama to hit the club comes in the wake of renegade goalkeeper Reddy being offered a severence deal over several in-house breaches centering on his dissatisfaction with Walmsley’s fearless attacking philosophy and consequent laxity at the back this season.

Frozen out by the club, Reddy has yet to agree to terms on his departure and the matter is in the hands of both parties' lawyers and the PFA.

Veteran stopper Bosnar, another apparently not totally at ease with the direction the club has taken, left by mutual consent last week.

While management are declining to comment on the internal ructions and evolving investigations, executive vice-chairman Peter Storrie remains "delighted" with the Mariners offensive doctrines this season, with flair and adventure taking precedence over the acquisition of points.

Though the Mariners sit eighth with one win from six, Storrie said: “We have scored in every single game this season, and that's pleasing.

“Obviously, you want to win games, but it’s a league where there’s no relegation and playing attractive football and getting the supporters back is our number one priority.

“That’s the path we are following and I think the fans are buying into it. I speak to them at games and they love the style.”

Storrie believes that a dip in memberships of around 1000 from last season had much to do with the conservative approach adopted by former coach Phil Moss, and attributes a clawing back of some lost fans on giving the players full rein to express themselves.

“We spoke to many fans on why they had dropped off and the overwhelming reason they cited was unattractive football," Storrie said.

“So we are gradually winning them back. Tony and (assistant coach) John Hutchinson are doing great and have formed a top partnership."

Owner Mike Charlesworth, who has publicly stated he is more interested in unremitting excitement than grinding out results, remains upbeat also.

“I am enjoying the way the team are playing and approaching games and I think it’s what the fans want to see,” he said.

“The players have adopted the concept and there’s a real harmony among the group and a belief we are doing things the right way.

“I think it’s the way to re-engage with supporters, and I want to us being a club that rates highly on TV among neutrals as well as with our own fans.”

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/11/16/mariners-mole-faces-sack-club-probes-leaks

7 hours ago, sheepdog said:

Have signed Melbourne Knights captain tomislav uskok.

Cunt of a player, one that everybody loves to hate but I must admit, I really rate him and wouldn't be surprised to see him make it in the a league. 

lol this bloke tried to steal a yside banner once.

Melling pls brake legs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen this incident so I'm not going to say too much, but in the past I thought the A League was very "soft" on serious fouls. Eg:

*Muscat's infamous hack

*That Chilean's stiff arm of Duga (at least 6 weeks if he played rugby league)

*Gerbasch's 2 footed effort the other day

So I can only assume this head butt business was pretty bloody bad.

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I haven't seen this incident so I'm not going to say too much, but in the past I thought the A League was very "soft" on serious fouls. Eg:

*Muscat's infamous hack

*That Chilean's stiff arm of Duga (at least 6 weeks if he played rugby league)

*Gerbasch's 2 footed effort the other day

So I can only assume this head butt business was pretty bloody bad.

There's video of it on this page: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-05/odonovan-banned-fior-eight-matches/7069508 Deserved 8 weeks IMO. Haven't seen the others except that of Muscat of course, and IMO that was the one that is out of place. It was a cold calculated vicious tackle that essentially ended Adrian Zahra's career. Muscat's torrent of abuse at the referee afterwards simply compounded the situation. Should have received a life-time ban from football IMO.

• Like 1

Looked at it. Not great of course but not exactly vicious- was M Muscat genuinely injured? My understanding was that a head butt was a vicious blow delivered downwards on the victims nose and teeth- that looked like a mild sideways tap, for show.

I thought the stiff arm was much worse (1 whole week).i guess a lot of football people don't appreciate just how dangerous and vicious stiff arms are. Stopping and Lifting someone off their feet via an arm across their neck- a lot worse than a punch.

In regards to the other 2 I mentioned, I agree re Muscat and Gersbach, a lunging studs up effort at knee height (1 week) was surely at least as bad as that little nod. I'm pretty sure it would have sparked a melee at a non- pro game (got to be honest, I'm no hot head, but it would have had me in there, swinging)

I guess the powers that be don't like the bad image of that nod, I'm ok with that, but how about cracking down on vicious career ending (or potential career ending) stuff too?

I agree it wasn't vicious - which perhaps makes it even more stupid on O'Donovan's part - and on reflection perhaps 8 weeks was indeed too severe. IMO they're applying strict liability - the doing of the act determines the punishment rather than the possible motivation for the act or the actual result of the act. It's simpler for the "judiciary" to apply, but sometimes doesn't seem to give a just outcome. (See also the current "one-punch" assault debate.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30 January 2016 at 6:42 PM, jw1739 said:

Garcia showing what a marquee player should do. Scores the first, lays on the second. All in 10 minutes.

He's 37. He hasnt played competitive matches in 2 years. Yet when he comes on he is clearly the best player on the field* and finds a way to bring his teammates into the game. They respond and start playing better. In a blink of an eye his team starts playing at a new level.

Thats a marquee.

* I missed today's game, going off the first 2.

Edited by Shahanga
Auto uncorrect

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Apparently...

@VinceRugari
@Central Coast Mariners making a 1:30pm major announcement.

My guess is the introduction of a tambourine in active support

Not a pirate instrument. More likely their latest signing, Polly.

• Like 1