Melbourne Football

Melbourne Youth Derby II

Buddy Farah

That wasn't Roganovic... Roff. Whoever he was, he was utter shithouse, he was the main reason we lost the game.

And TBH those conditions were extremely hard to play in, started of stinking hot, with +40k winds, then there was v/ heavy rain on and off, by the time the game had finished the temperature had literally halved to 16 degrees.

Ref did us no favors either, the kent.

Edited by Buddy Farah

Maycon has proven over the past few weeks that his not only up to A League level but not even up to NYL, so we wasted a International spot on a guy who would not get a VPL game.

VPL standard is def higher than NYL, and no side would put up these crap performances from a CF when relegation is a part of the equation.

Meanwhile Richie Cardozo was calling out for a A League berth last year with 18 goals in a great season for Hume City and ended up going to the Belgium second tier due to the lack of offers.

FFS: The worst thing is that they are both 25.

Apparently JVS had been tracking Maycon for a while, why could he not track a player playing up the road from MH's training base???

• Like 1

Maycon has proven over the past few weeks that his not only up to A League level but not even up to NYL, so we wasted a International spot on a guy who would not get a VPL game.

TBH I don't understand why we're still playing him. For 60 minutes yesterday he was a virtual passenger in a team that needs a win to restore confidence, keeping one of the NYL boys off the field. Pointless. Can't see M. getting back into the seniors in what's left of the season. Pay him out and he can go home. Would save laundering his kit if nothing else.

The whole mockery of the situation was demonstrated by the fact that it was Patterson that came on for Maycon. This kid should be starting again (As he showed when on the pitch) instead of being benched for underperforming senior squad members.

At least Maycon was only given a one contract, something is really amiss with David Williams – Is it just me but it seems like as if since the start of year he has actually put on weight.

• Like 1

Our youth team isn't as successfull as it should be as all the gun players from it have been promoted to first team duty (Behich, Hamill, Good, Babalj, and most recently Goodwin).

Of the names you mention, only Craig Goodwin is a member of the NYL squad. The others were all signed to the senior squad and have not been promoted from the NYL squad.

Bear in mind that for the first half of yesterday's NYL game we had no fewer than five senior squad members on the field - Ibrahim, Zahra, Reid, Williams and Maycon. Given that, and that MV are way bottom of the NYL, and half of them are midgets, we should have thoroughly whopped them by half time. We didn't, and it is the way we are playing that is the problem.

Reposted becasue of my mistake over Roganovic.

Edited by jw1739

The whole mockery of the situation was demonstrated by the fact that it was Patterson that came on for Maycon. This kid should be starting again (As he showed when on the pitch) instead of being benched for underperforming senior squad members.

Brodie Patterson should be the next NYL player to get a gig with the senior team. I'd also like to see Zac Walker get some game time as an impact player with the seniors too.

I think Maycon gets a run when there are scouts around, hoping that we can off-load him.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Brodie Patterson should be the next NYL player to get a gig with the senior team. I'd also like to see Zac Walker get some game time as an impact player with the seniors too.

I think Maycon gets a run when there are scouts around, hoping that we can off-load him.

There will be no off-loading of him to another club as we only ever signed him to a cheap one year contract which will simply run its course therefore their is nothing to be gained by displaying his wares in a NYL match.

If he did have a longer contract I really cannot see any A League scouts looking at Maycon anyway.

As I said before his performances in the NYL would even count out him being looked at by a VPL club.

Don't be too despondent about losing in the NYL. I reckon its not really about winning at that level, its about developing players. Also worth remembering that due to their selection policies any decent MV NYL player can basically be considered a Heart player anyway, so nothing to fear from their squad!

The actual youth players not getting a run is a bit of a worry though.

I dont care really about losing NYL games (Well a little)...

Its just annoying that we could win the win with youngsters instead of senior listed hacks such as Maycon - and at the same time develop these players.

As I said Patterson coming on for Maycon - Maycon is not even a better player than the kid.

• Like 1

When Patterson went on he gave the team a lift and was far more threatening and lively than Maycon was. I agree with Cadete on this point, Patterson's attributes on the field far surpass that of Maycon's which are quite frankly not up to scratch with even the NYL squad. He looked average against Newcastle today as well. He added nothing. I would of preferred Patterson on the bench to Maycon today, he deserves it more.

If only Melbourne Heart's cityville team didnt fall through, and if only we could have afforded to terminate Maycon's marquee contract instead of moving him to the football team because the club thought he was Brazilian so he must be able to play football. its ruined our season.

If only Melbourne Heart's cityville team didnt fall through, and if only we could have afforded to terminate Maycon's marquee contract instead of moving him to the football team because the club thought he was Brazilian so he must be able to play football. its ruined our season.

Its obvious the club always knew Maycon was a risk - His on a one year contract for peanuts.

Why Zac Walker could not come on for 15 minutes against Newy is beyond me - he the only guy in Red and White stripes that scored this weekend.

The bigger problem is the fact that Williams is not on peanuts and has two more seasons left at Heart, and Hoffman a whole another season as well.

Its obvious the club always knew Maycon was a risk - His on a one year contract for peanuts.

Why Zac Walker could not come on for 15 minutes against Newy is beyond me - he the only guy in Red and White stripes that scored this weekend.

The bigger problem is the fact that Williams is not on peanuts and has two more seasons left at Heart, and Hoffman a whole another season as well.

I have reached my quota for likes. Great post it must be said.