Melbourne Football

Heart job opportunity

Torn Asunder

Melbourne Heart FC

Technology & Information Office

Reports to: General Manager – Football Operations

Melbourne Heart FC is offering a wonderful opportunity to a technology and football savvy professional to become part of the Melbourne Heart FC football staff.

The role will involve assisting in performing a key Performance Analysis role for the A-League team as well as assisting across the broader club with technology and information management support.

Key Responsibilities:

- Work with General Manager- Football Operations to develop the club’s performance

analysis areas and information management initiatives;

- Work at the direction of the coaching staff in collating match analysis and the production

of presentations on behalf of the coaches;

- Delivery of high-level IT support for coaching staff, specifically in relation to Word, Excel,

PowerPoint and Keynote presentations;

- Develop AV presentations for use by the coaches;

- Using software for match analysis and, with direction, providing meaningful reports based

on this analysis;

- Develop and maintain extensive databases;

- Play a key role in developing AV presentations across all areas of the Club;

- Travel with team when required;

- Willingness to perform all tasks required to assist the General Manager – Football Operations in developing this area as a resource for the coaches.

Personal Qualities & Skills:

- Qualifications in areas of technology or business, or demonstrated excellence in this field;

- Tireless work ethic and a capacity to work in high-pressure situations;

- Demonstrated initiative, integrity and intelligence;

- Energetic and willing to learn alongside highly-qualified colleagues;

- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of football in Australia or in elite sport elsewhere;

- Deep and demonstrable understanding of the tactical requirements and trends of modern

football;

- Highly developed skills in Excel.

The role will be full-time and will involve work on weekends and evenings outside of regular office hours. Salary will be commensurate to position level within Sports Organisations Award 2010

Please forward covering letter and CV (along with references) to info@melbourneheartfc.com.au with subject line of “Technology & Information Officer”

Edited by Jimmy

Any idea where this fits with respect to Ron Smith (whatever happened to him)?

Agree with Melburnian - it looks like three roles combined. Looks as though we want another qualified football coach who actually knows how to use a spreadsheet and type a letter, and also provide 'high-level IT support' (i.e. fix up the boss' computer when he's lost a file or e-mail or can't get the printer to work).

Is this what they offered Bolton?

strong clip art, word art and slide transition skills required

space-bar-key-4.jpg

haha I was thinking more those stupid animations to change slides you can add. I hope they dont add the whoosh sound effect to them either, may blow JA's mind

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Shouldn't the club conduct a search of there own for such a position, instead of posting up a job so anyone can apply. I can't see other top teams in the world searching for back room staff like this...

Maybe the club should approch someone with real experience and expertise in this field...

That's my opinion...

I hear ya attack, but here's the thing, we're not.

Two points, 1, its good the club is investing more in new positions to aid the coach.

2, if you are prepared to take a relatively shitty pay deal, what a brilliant opportunity to get a foot in the door at an A-league club, working with the coach / players, travelling for away matches, setting up systems for match analysis, etc..

Beats football manager hands down...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...