Melbourne Football

2013-14 Membership Thread

Jimmy

IMO it would be a mistake to rush it. We have made a number of anticipated re-signings, let go most of those expected to be let go, and made one new signing.

Garcia still has to be resolved, one way or the other, and then there will still be somewhere around 5-7 places still to go. Plus the possibility of Bolton taking on a non-playing role at the club.

While these are all positive steps that I applaud, they are hardly outstanding, and they are hardly unexpected. The only unexpected thing is, I suspect, that the club is even considering extending Hoffman's contract. We still need some real quality to be added, particularly in defence and in the midfield before we are likely to be top four.

Think the main thing now is to keep Heart in the news with some good PR out of the above. As and when we make one or more really classy signings including a marquee seems to me the time we should capitalise on the buzz and excitement and release the memberships for next season.

• Like 3

I'm getting an active support membership for next season for the first time, and my mate is signing up for the first time in the active support also. The way i see it is, crowds will grow on three things:

• Big names
  • On-field performances
  • ​Atmosphere

I want to see this club play in front of crowds that we deserve, so I'm going to help contribute in the only way i can and that's getting amongst it and making as much noise as possible.

• Like 6

I'm getting an active support membership for next season for the first time, and my mate is signing up for the first time in the active support also. The way i see it is, crowds will grow on three things:

• Big names
  • On-field performances
  • ​Atmosphere
I want to see this club play in front of crowds that we deserve, so I'm going to help contribute in the only way i can and that's getting amongst it and making as much noise as possible.
Fuck yes, get in.

IMO it would be a mistake to rush it. We have made a number of anticipated re-signings, let go most of those expected to be let go, and made one new signing.

Garcia still has to be resolved, one way or the other, and then there will still be somewhere around 5-7 places still to go. Plus the possibility of Bolton taking on a non-playing role at the club.

While these are all positive steps that I applaud, they are hardly outstanding, and they are hardly unexpected. The only unexpected thing is, I suspect, that the club is even considering extending Hoffman's contract. We still need some real quality to be added, particularly in defence and in the midfield before we are likely to be top four.

Think the main thing now is to keep Heart in the news with some good PR out of the above. As and when we make one or more really classy signings including a marquee seems to me the time we should capitalise on the buzz and excitement and release the memberships for next season.

Agree in a sense but for 'rusted on' members, we'll sign now and pass this news on to people we talk to. I see no problem in a having a staged approach to membership, picking up people along the way rather than waiting till a month or two before the season starts. Making positive 'noises' when we have new signings is a good way to increase interest. We need to have the attitude that next season starts as soon as the old season finishes. Melbourne is Red&White and open for business 24/7 ;) 

• Like 1

I believe one well-known player especially if theyre from a country like italy or spain, attendance numbers would go up quickly. But another thing needed is good form, which goes without saying but still is needed. Now that the old blokes are gone, our gameplay should be quicker and less mistake prone, 
If everything goes well, membership could reach 10000 and average attendance could be 13000 but i may be getting ahead of myself. What can i say i just want the club to succeed quickly

• Like 3

Why would there be an active membership next season if half way through the previous season the club abolished the idea and allowed people with gen admin tickets to enter the active bays?

Very good point there mate, the powers that be among the terrace should get on to the club and point out there is no need for 'active' mimbership/ticketing. Merely a designated are for all to come and go as they please...

• Big names
  • On-field performances
  • ​Atmosphere

Hahaha, same here :up:

Agree in a sense but for 'rusted on' members, we'll sign now and pass this news on to people we talk to. I see no problem in a having a staged approach to membership, picking up people along the way rather than waiting till a month or two before the season starts. Making positive 'noises' when we have new signings is a good way to increase interest. We need to have the attitude that next season starts as soon as the old season finishes. Melbourne is Red&White and open for business 24/7 ;) 

I'd like to renew my active membership soon as I'm now in "AFL mode" and as time goes by, Heart becomes a distant memory of the summer that could have been. It would be good to commit to Heart ASAP, so that I've got something to talk about as I try to encourage new members. 

• Like 1

i think having GA in YSide has its advantages but also has disadvantages
the good thing was having the size, and being full, it looked great.
the bad was GA not getting involved and only stood, and a lot of them complained about not seeing in an active area :droy: 

but i would like an active area being available to GA for the first bit of the season, and if nothing improves, then just keep it as is (only active members)

Why would there be an active membership next season if half way through the previous season the club abolished the idea and allowed people with gen admin tickets to enter the active bays?

I think you'll find that by the last home game this initiative had been cancelled. Security were explicitly turning back GA tickets and checking for Active memberships again. Despite the original announcement saying it would go until the end of the season.  :rolleyes: So safe to say I think Active memberships will be continuing next season.

But seriously, open up memberships like yesterday. Our season was effectively over after the Brisbane game (if not earlier), would have been great to renew at that point to have something positive to look forward to! Each new season is a begun with a fresh slate after all.

I casually walked into the active area with a ga ticket at our last home game... Sooo...

yeah.

I still buy the kids membership and walk into the area too :up:

You could walk past those muppets with a samuri sword and not be pulled up

wow for a 50+ you must really take care of yourself :P

• Like 1

But seriously, open up memberships like yesterday. Our season was effectively over after the Brisbane game (if not earlier), would have been great to renew at that point to have something positive to look forward to! Each new season is a begun with a fresh slate after all.

Errr...mate, you must remember the mood after the Brisbane game, followed by more frustration, anger and disappointment after the CCM game so I don't think anyone here was looking forward to anything positive! lol

Having said that, releasing memberships now after the "positive" announcement of SC, MT, Fred, CB, MM and JC being let go would be a good way to go! I guess they want to finalise Garcia's contract first since he'll probably be the face of Melbourne Heart in season 2013/14  ;)

Is there any baby memberships available? My wife and I are expecting our first in August so I'd love to bring him/her to games! My wife's won over the AFL team the kid will follow, but at least I can get it to a Heart game before the wife takes it to a Saints match (I don't think the Saints will be playing into September either)! lol

• Like 1

nah just buy active membership

edit: gives you the option of either GA or Active

The problem with active memberships only though is there are empty bays either side of the main active bay which doesn't look good. Maybe just members for the middle bay and tickets either side?

• Like 3

nah just buy active membership

edit: gives you the option of either GA or Active

The problem with active memberships only though is there are empty bays either side of the main active bay which doesn't look good. Maybe just members for the middle bay and tickets either side?

yeah i actually really love that idea. 

Is there any baby memberships available? My wife and I are expecting our first in August so I'd love to bring him/her to games! My wife's won over the AFL team the kid will follow, but at least I can get it to a Heart game before the wife takes it to a Saints match (I don't think the Saints will be playing into September either)! lol

Congrats. I got my little bloke a baby membership. Was $30, included a bib, beanie and certificate.

• Like 1