Melbourne Football

2013/14 Season Re-Signings

MPM

JD needs to be questioned why hoffman was re-signed for. there really seems no logical explanation. As far as i'm concerned, hoffman has had plenty of chances to prove himself over the last 3 seasons and i can't even recall 1 good game that he's had.

I suspect JD would say he's a useful squad player who can cover a range of positions. I'm not too concerned about this signing. He'd be on a low wage, he can cover injuries, and it leaves money to invest in some superstar(s) that I am ever hopeful we will sign.

JD needs to be questioned why hoffman was re-signed for. there really seems no logical explanation. As far as i'm concerned, hoffman has had plenty of chances to prove himself over the last 3 seasons and i can't even recall 1 good game that he's had.

I suspect JD would say he's a useful squad player who can cover a range of positions. I'm not too concerned about this signing. He'd be on a low wage, he can cover injuries, and it leaves money to invest in some superstar(s) that I am ever hopeful we will sign.

I don't know how you CAN'T be concerned about this signing. Regardless on what money he is on, he is a taking up a position in the squad we could give to a youth league player

I suspect JD would say he's a useful squad player who can cover a range of positions. I'm not too concerned about this signing. He'd be on a low wage, he can cover injuries, and it leaves money to invest in some superstar(s) that I am ever hopeful we will sign.I don't know how you CAN'T be concerned about this signing. Regardless on what money he is on, he is a taking up a position in the squad we could give to a youth league player You may well attend all youth games and have an intimate knowledge of all players. I don't, but my assumption is that the club thinks the hoff offers more than they can at this stage. It's about balancing the 20 odd spots for the first team squad isn't it? I'm sure they will use a couple of spots we have left to promote some youth, when they are sure they are the right players to fit the team. Edited by Jake

If we don't have a player with more technical ability than Hoffman in the Youth Team we may as well scrap the team all together. 3 seasons of Hoffman being played in numerous positions and I can't remember 1 game where he looked to be a decent squad player. Being able to play in numerous positions is a huge bonus, unfortunately he's shit in all of those positions that he plays.

He should head over to India and make his fortune alongised Tolgey Ozbey, earning quadruple what he'd earn in the A-League and being worshipped as a superstar when in reality he's a good VPL player.

If we don't have a player with more technical ability than Hoffman in the Youth Team we may as well scrap the team all together. 3 seasons of Hoffman being played in numerous positions and I can't remember 1 game where he looked to be a decent squad player. Being able to play in numerous positions is a huge bonus, unfortunately he's shit in all of those positions that he plays.

He should head over to India and make his fortune alongised Tolgey Ozbey, earning quadruple what he'd earn in the A-League and being worshipped as a superstar when in reality he's a good VPL player.

Fair enough, you make a good point. I'm searching for positives and holding out hope the club knows what they're doing.

I don't know how you CAN'T be concerned about this signing. Regardless on what money he is on, he is a taking up a position in the squad we could give to a youth league player

Or leave the position vacant. There is no point in having any player in the squad who is not ready to step right into the A-League and be competitive and effective. Other clubs have realised this; why not us?