Melbourne Football

Iain Ramsay

Tesla

finished the goal well, after a superbly weighted pass from Mooy.

I almost fell of my seat laughing when he did a step over , when he was 5 metres from the defender, !

Very proud of my girl doing an "Ole Gunnar Ramsay" step over around some grass in a friendly last week.

Ramsay started a few metres behind Marrone? when Mass made that run.

He intelligently sprinted past his man when he saw the play unfold, which enabled him to get to the back post first for the simple tap in.

The bloke gets more than his fair share of criticism for obvious reasons, but give him credit where it's due. He did the right thing there.

The comments on this forum are always classic.  You'd think we've never had a mediocre player at the club.  They seem to be either "fantastic" or "completely hopeless".

Rambo is far from completely hopeless.  Watch a run through of all of last season's goals if you don't believe me.  The thing is though, I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in a top 4 side.  In this case, OK that was the easiest tap in a pro is likely to get, but yes, he had to be there and he was.

There are no easy goals IMO. If there were then the scores in football matches would be a lot higher than they are. Doesn't matter whether you're professional, amateur or the Sunday Church League - everyone misses sitters. Been there, done that.

This...

As I always say Steve Waugh could be as boring as fuck to watch at times but you would take him over the fluency of Mark Waugh any day because he got the job done and made the runs... and in his early days he even used to have a habit getting the important wickets.

I would not give a fuck if all ours goals were pathetic tap in's as long as we win the game.

He intelligently sprinted past his man when he saw the play unfold, which enabled him to get to the back post first for the simple tap in.

The bloke gets more than his fair share of criticism for obvious reasons, but give him credit where it's due. He did the right thing there.

The comments on this forum are always classic.  You'd think we've never had a mediocre player at the club.  They seem to be either "fantastic" or "completely hopeless".

Rambo is far from completely hopeless.  Watch a run through of all of last season's goals if you don't believe me.  The thing is though, I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in a top 4 side.  In this case, OK that was the easiest tap in a pro is likely to get, but yes, he had to be there and he was.

There are no easy goals IMO. If there were then the scores in football matches would be a lot higher than they are. Doesn't matter whether you're professional, amateur or the Sunday Church League - everyone misses sitters. Been there, done that.

This...

As I always say Steve Waugh could be as boring as fuck to watch at times but you would take him over the fluency of Mark Waugh any day because he got the job done and made the runs... and in his early days he even used to have a habit getting the important wickets.

I would not give a fuck if all ours goals were pathetic tap in's as long as we win the game.

LOL - I forgot NZ used to wear White Helmets.

The comments on this forum are always classic. You'd think we've never had a mediocre player at the club. They seem to be either "fantastic" or "completely hopeless".

Rambo is far from completely hopeless. Watch a run through of all of last season's goals if you don't believe me. The thing is though, I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in a top 4 side. In this case, OK that was the easiest tap in a pro is likely to get, but yes, he had to be there and he was. There are no easy goals IMO. If there were then the scores in football matches would be a lot higher than they are. Doesn't matter whether you're professional, amateur or the Sunday Church League - everyone misses sitters. Been there, done that.

This...

What's the point of an open face helmet?

The comments on this forum are always classic. You'd think we've never had a mediocre player at the club. They seem to be either "fantastic" or "completely hopeless".

Rambo is far from completely hopeless. Watch a run through of all of last season's goals if you don't believe me. The thing is though, I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in a top 4 side. In this case, OK that was the easiest tap in a pro is likely to get, but yes, he had to be there and he was. There are no easy goals IMO. If there were then the scores in football matches would be a lot higher than they are. Doesn't matter whether you're professional, amateur or the Sunday Church League - everyone misses sitters. Been there, done that. This...

What's the point of an open face helmet?

Or in Ritchie Richardson's case the point of an helmet at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't know he was eligible to play for PHI. Wonder why received the call only now....

Apparently he has been targeted in the past but he held hopes that his career would progress and get a call for Australia. Given his torrid time at City and now clubless the call came again and he accepted.

Good on him. Didn't do particularly well in Melbourne but was honest and conducted himself well, even when he knew he was up against it.

I hope he does well for himself in Asia.

I can appreciate that sentiment. Of all the washout players we've had since I first signed up as a member, I was desperately hoping all of them would turn it around and I hope that they'll do well after they leave too.

• Like 6

Shows how big confidence and mindset is for players. He would go into the Phillipines setup knowing he was going to be one of their 'star players' and his performances have showed. Walks into Melbourne training and would always be down in the dumps and those sitters that he missed showed.

• 4 weeks later...