Melbourne Football

Are you kidding FFA

HeartinHobart

The FFA have announced the Patty G will miss 1 week following his straight red card and JA has received 3 matches.

Did the FFA not see the video of Patty's red Card. If it hit the arm (which appeared it didn't) it was clearly not deliberate. I really can't understand why this wasn't recinded.

We have seen other managers sent to the stand this season (including Graeme arnold in launceston) and every time the manager has received a one match ban. So why does JA receive 3.

We really are FFA's punching bag.

• Like 1

Did the FFA not see the video of Patty's red Card. If it hit the arm (which appeared it didn't) it was clearly not deliberate. I really can't understand why this wasn't recinded.

The MRP aren't there to re-referee matches, if the ref has made a decision then that is basically final. The only time they'll reverse something is when a mistake has been made such as the wrong player being carded or something.

The MRP aren't there to re-referee matches, if the ref has made a decision then that is basically final. The only time they'll reverse something is when a mistake has been made such as the wrong player being carded or something.

Yes. But if you remember in S1, Gerald Sibon was suspended after the MRP determined that he had stamped on a player's foot. During the game no foul had been given. At the time Munn argued that what the MRP was doing was re-refereeing the match, but he lost the case.

Yes. But if you remember in S1, Gerald Sibon was suspended after the MRP determined that he had stamped on a player's foot. During the game no foul had been given. At the time Munn argued that what the MRP was doing was re-refereeing the match, but he lost the case.

Oh well I guess Munn should be happy now that they haven't re-refereed this match :P

Positive in all this is that we are now a very good chance to win our first 3 games without that donkey on the bench!

:)

It might be just me, but I felt there was a more positive vibe and body language with HF working bench etc. Players seemed a bit more relaxed and he actually patted them on the back when they came off. Something I've rarely seen JA do. 

• Like 1

Ball appeared to hit the arm, arm was away from the body = red card + suspension.  Sure it was unlucky, but still a red.

We don't really know what JA did, but judging from how angry he looked (even after the game), and Bolton mentioning him kicking chairs around in the dressing room, it could easily have been bad enough to warrant a suspension.  Moronic behaviour that deserves to be punished.

Ball appeared to hit the arm, arm was away from the body = red card + suspension.  Sure it was unlucky, but still a red.

We don't really know what JA did, but judging from how angry he looked (even after the game), and Bolton mentioning him kicking chairs around in the dressing room, it could easily have been bad enough to warrant a suspension.  Moronic behaviour that deserves to be punished.

Pretty sure a lot of people were asking for this side of him to be shown. It seems that it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. You have people telling you to show some emotion during the game or even after the game because he was accused of being happy with mediocre performances, now he is shunned because he kicked a chair. 

Kick some chairs JA, break'em - A: I like seeing you passionate about winning and passionate about a game, like we are. B: They are biodegrable, plant them and they'll grow lol. C: He seemed to be the only one that had the fire in his belly. Should have put his boots on, might have done better than most others on that pitch.

I understand where your coming from, he needs to be professional and all... But i like this side of him! Show your players that you're not fucking around, Show them that you expect the best out of them day in and day out. Set the bar higher in terms of passion on the pitch! Make them earn the shirt they wear! And if that means losing your shit, giving them a spray, then so be it.

Sick of fucking about, sick of the lack of urgency, sick of the apparent mediocre performances. Sick of driving into work this morning and hearing Adrian Liejer telling 'melbourne' to get behind 'their team' this weekend. 

Lose your shit JA, We can't be worse than this.

• Like 1

how people are claiming the red and a suspension was deserved is beyond me. The card needed to be rescinded and the referee needed to hold his hands up and admit he got it wrong. 

As for JA? Well everyone knows how precious the referees are and the FFA are just as bad. FFA Mafia/joke  

FFA heading the same way as the SFA, prejudice against a certain club?

LOL I dont think its got that bad, but JA did say "its every fucking week" at the ref...

one thing we certainly can mirror in ourselves and the SFL3 Champions, Glasgows Finest, The Rangers Football Club, is that; 

NO ONE LIKES US...WE DON'T CARE 

:P    :P   :P   :P  

• Like 2

LOL I dont think its got that bad, but JA did say "its every fucking week" at the ref...

one thing we certainly can mirror in ourselves and the SFL3 Champions, Glasgows Finest, The Rangers Football Club, is that; 

Celtic are champions of the SPL not the SFL3?

Pretty sure a lot of people were asking for this side of him to be shown. It seems that it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. You have people telling you to show some emotion during the game or even after the game because he was accused of being happy with mediocre performances, now he is shunned because he kicked a chair. 

Kick some chairs JA, break'em - A: I like seeing you passionate about winning and passionate about a game, like we are. B: They are biodegrable, plant them and they'll grow lol. C: He seemed to be the only one that had the fire in his belly. Should have put his boots on, might have done better than most others on that pitch.

I understand where your coming from, he needs to be professional and all... But i like this side of him! Show your players that you're not fucking around, Show them that you expect the best out of them day in and day out. Set the bar higher in terms of passion on the pitch! Make them earn the shirt they wear! And if that means losing your shit, giving them a spray, then so be it.

Sick of fucking about, sick of the lack of urgency, sick of the apparent mediocre performances. Sick of driving into work this morning and hearing Adrian Liejer telling 'melbourne' to get behind 'their team' this weekend. 

Somehow he actually thought we were playing well before the red so he lost his shit at the refs cos he thought we would've gotten something out of the game but little does he know that we would've lost anyway as the same shit was being dished up in the first 20mins.

Once again his blaming someone or something else but we need his anger to be directed at the players not at the refs, or the weather, or the pitch, or the gods

Ball appeared to hit the arm, arm was away from the body = red card + suspension. 

Except that it was not intentional. Needs to be intentional to be a red card. 

Having the arm away from the body is usually interpreted as deliberate, especially in goal-line situations.  He dived at the ball with his arm up and the ball hit his arm.

That would be fine if it was targeted at the players and our performances, but losing control to that extent over a refereeing decision is unacceptable and doesn't help the club in any way.

Prawn sandwich nice?  :P

I'm not sure if people understand how football works, as I stopped reading midway thru this thread.

The penalty decision was wrong. BUT, when he gives the decision, he HAS to send him off. That is how the sport works. That is never going to be changed by the MRP/FFA/Gillard/etc.. 1 week is the minimum ban and that is that.

As for JA, we don't know enough about it to make informed comments.

• Like 1

Rofl - More like:

EVERYBODY LOVES US... THAT IS WHY WE ARE THEIR SECOND TEAM