Most Disappointing Player: Fred

Best individual performance in a game: Kalmar v Perth

Best Signing: Gerhardt/Garcia

Worst Signing: Steven Gray/Jamie Coyne/Marcel Meeuwis

Best Goal: Gol-Gol v WSW @ AAMI

Best Win: 4-1 v Brisbane

Worst Loss: 0-2 against Adelaide @ AAMI

Highlight of the Season: Derby win in Rd 1

Lowest Point: 1-1 draw @ home against a Wellington side that was thrown together at short notice.

Brain-fart of the Season: Colosimo getting sent off against Wellington

au revoir, don't come back next season: Colosimo, Fred, Hoffman, D-Mac, Coyne, Meeuwis, Williams.

• Like 1

Player of the Season: Richard Garcia in a tie with Patrick Gerhardt

Young Player of the Season (U21): J Walker

Breakout season: J Walker

Most Disappointing Player: Tough one, there are so many possibilities. Maybe Matt Thompson or Fred as our midfield was dysfunctional and impotent almost the whole season.

Best individual performance in a game: hard to find one

Best Signing: Richard Garcia and Patrick Gerhardt

Worst Signing: Gray, Meeuwis

Best Goal: David Willams goal in Round 1. That was the sort of team goal that we used to score

Best Win: Roar or Sydney, although we also beat both our bogey teams this year - Perth and Adelaide

Worst Loss: every loss with the common thread of fragility, disorganisation, frittered opportunity

Highlight of the Season: The final whistle

Lowest Point: Round 2 capitulation to Wellingtom as soon as we went a man down

Brain-fart of the Season: Colosimo for all/any of his Mr Bean defending moments

au revoir, don't come back next season: Colosimo, Hoffman, Coyne, Bolton, Meeuwis, DMac. I'd keep Fred and Thompson but offer them less money and indicate that they'd be likely impact players only

Player of the Season:  Patrick Gerhardt

Young Player of the Season (U21): Jezza Walker

Breakout season: Jezza Walker

Most Disappointing Player: Fred

Best individual performance in a game: D-Mac Derby 1

Best Signing: Gerhardt

Worst Signing: Marcel Meeuwis

Best Goal: Tadic v WSW @ Parramatta           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig_mO27jF-Q

Best Win: 4-1 v Brisbane

Worst Loss: All away games

Highlight of the Season: Meeuwis signing

Lowest Point: Finding out Meeuwis was shit.

Brain-fart of the Season: Giving Coyne and Hoffman game time.

au revoir, don't come back next season: Colosimo, Fred, Hoffman, D-Mac, Coyne, Meeuwis, Aloisi, Foxe.

Player of the Season: Garcia

Young Player of the Season (U21): Jeremy Walker 

Breakout season: Andrew Redmayne

Most Disappointing Player: Fred

Best individual performance in a game: Kalmar v Perth (dat freekick)

Best Signing: Richard Garcia

Worst Signing: Steven Gray, Jamie Coyne

Best Goal: Kalmar free kick v Perth

Best Win: 1st derby.

Worst Loss: West Sydney 10 men, 2nd derby this year.

Highlight of the Season: Breaking even  :angry:

Lowest Point: Losing 3rd derby after losing the 2nd derby

Brain-fart of the Season: Simon Colosimo, every week

au revoir, don't come back next season: Everyone besides Redmayne, Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt, Germano, Garcia, Tadic, Babalj..

I CBF answering all these questions TBH,

But basicly the one thing I took out of this season was that Gol Gol can play and can score, if he can overcome his injury problems and play 80% of Matches next season then we will be a much more dangerous side when near goal.

Player of the Season: Richard Garcia

Young Player of the Season (U21): Jeremy Walker

Breakout season: Golgol Merbrahtu

Most Disappointing Player: Eli Babalj

Best individual performance in a game: Nick Kalmar vs. Perth

Best Signing: Patrick Gerhardt

Worst Signing: Steven Gray

Best Goal: Golgol's winner against Perth in Round 10

Best Win: 2-1 over Victory in Round 1

Worst Loss: Round 18 against Wanderers

Highlight of the Season: Theo giving me the finger. (Yes. It's been that shit of a season)

Lowest Point: Losing Aziz

Brain-fart of the Season: Signing Aloisi over Milicic

au revoir, don't come back next season: Colosimo, Fred, Hoffman, Thompson, Bolton, Macalister, Tadic, Meeuwis, Coyne, Aloisi, Edwards and Foxe's game day outfit.

Edited by Jimmy

Player of the Season: Patrick Gerhardt

Breakout season: Jeremy Walker

Most Disappointing Player: Matt Thompson

Best individual performance in a game: Kalmar V Perth

Best Signing: Gerhardt & Garcia

Worst Signing: Stephen Gray

Best Goal: Gol Gol V WSW

Best Win: We don't have many to choice from but I think against Sydney @AAMI

Worst Loss: Too many just to pick one:

Round 2 V Wellington: then we drew to their youth team

Round 8 V Jets: when we again drew after leading 2-0 at half time.

Round 13 V Wellington: losing 3-2 after leading 2-0 early in the game.

Round 16 V Sydney: losing 2-1 at the death.

Round 23 V Wellington: when our finals were on the line but putting in a piss weak effort.

Highlight of the Season: Win against Vistors

Lowest Point: Too many to just pick one.

Brain-fart of the Season: Colosimo gave us many to choose from, but I think the worst was when he passed it to Jeronimo @Hindmarsh

au revoir, don't come back next season: Thompson, Edwards, Hoffman, Colosimo, Meeuwis, Fred, Macallister, Bolton, Coyne.

• Like 1

Player of the Season: Garcia

Young Player of the Season (U21): Garrucio (when playing)

Breakout season: Walker

Most Disappointing Player: Fred, Gray,

Best individual performance in a game: walker in sydney, Kalmar vs Perth

Best Signing: Gol Gol

Worst Signing: tbh most of them e.x gray

Best Goal: Mebrhatu free kick vs wellington

Best Win: Vs perth- shit game, gol-gol with the winner

Worst Loss: 2nd derby, pheonix away in wellington

Highlight of the Season: 1st derby

Lowest Point: losing every important game/ paying money to watch the team play shocking away (cant be the only one saying that)

Brain-fart of the Season: The team giving away so many penalties

au revoir, don't come back next season: fred, thomson, coyne

Breakout season: Golgol Mebrahtu

Best individual performance in a game: Kalmar vs. Perth

Best Signing: Richard Garcia

Worst Signing: Stephen Gray

Best Goal: Tadic @ WSW

Best Win: Round 1 Derby

Worst Loss: Wellington A 3-2

Highlight of the Season: Hoffman not being selected in the squad for a few rounds.

Lowest Point: Capitulation @ Sydney in early January

Brain-fart of the Season: Gerhardt @ WSW (Both goals)

au revoir, don't come back next season: Jason Hoffman, Matt Thompson, Jamie Coyne, D-Mac, John Aloisi & Sam Mitchinson

Player of the Season: Gerhadt

Young Player of the Season (U21): Walker

Breakout season: Walker/Redmayne

Most Disappointing Player: Fred, Thommo

Best individual performance in a game: Kalmar vs Glory

Best Signing: Garcia

Worst Signing: Grey, Meeus, 

Best Goal: Kalmar vs Perth

Best Win: 4-1 Brisbane (actually thought we were going to challenge from there)

Worst Loss: Sydney 2-1, Home to jets 3-3 (basically a loss) Phoenix 3-2

Highlight of the Season: 2-1 win against Scum in RD 1

Lowest Point: Hitting the bottom of the table after the loss to Phoenix

Brain-fart of the Season: Signing Coyne

au revoir, don't come back next season: Coyne, Colosimo, Bolton, Fred, Thommo, Mccalister, Mitchinson, Hoffman, Aloisi, Meeus 

Next season bring up Bray, Edwards, Mauk, Kaya, Mullett.

Worst loss: the 1-0 loss against a 10 man WSW. They received the red card on the 15th minute mark and still played us off the park for the whole game and probably should've won by more. I've never seen a team with a man advantage do so little and allow themselves to be dominated like that. WSW could've played with 9 men and still would've beaten us. It was men against a bunch of scared little boys.

I wish I could forget that game. 

Player of the Season: Peter Zois

Young Player of the Season (U21): Walker

Breakout season: Nobody

Most Disappointing Player: Everybody

Best individual performance in a game: Redmayne in the last game vs CCM (bench)

Best Signing: Wheelie Bin #302

Worst Signing: Everybody

Best Goal: No idea

Best Win: What are these "wins" that you speak of?

Worst Loss: Every one of them

Highlight of the Season: No idea

Lowest Point: Everything after round 1

Brain-fart of the Season: Aloisi

au revoir, don't come back next season: Everyone, especially Aloisi, Munn and Hoffman.

• Like 1

Our defence was easily the best performer. Considering how shit we played what was our worse loss? 3-1? That's a good achievement considering.

By far our worst was the midfield. No service to our attackers, no support for the defence

Clear the dead wood. Simple.

TADIC OUT

COLOSIMO OUT

McAlister OUT

THOMSPON OUT

FRED OUT

KALMAR OUT

HOFFMAN OUT

Mitchinson not up to it. Very Average player for a left back. A left back must have pace and be ablt to beat players consistently. He did not show that at all.

Release all these players on 1 May.

Finalise the Squad at worst case 30/7/2013.

Do you hear me Mr Munn and JD.

If you cant deliver this then get out NOW.

I'm sitting at home catching up with the CCM game after being away. After 20 minutes, my 9 year old son (who was a constant companion at all home games) sitting next to me on the couch says "do we have to watch this dad??". I'm so over the Heart!!". Out of the mouth of babes comes the truth.

When thinking of a season review, there's very little to cheer. But what I find really depressing, and I don't mind using that word, is what the hell happens from here?? It's all still very raw, but I feel like a Demons supporter this week. A coach I have zero confidence in, and a playing list uninspired by all put before them. Add to this a culture of mediocrity, and I feel so down knowing there's no quick fix to this. Cultures take years to recover from what we've seen, and to change a culture you need a strong leader with a clear vision, a demeanor of steel, and a leadership of inspiration to drag all along with him (indeed carry) and lead by example. I just look at the next year with the same stewardship with abject despair. You cop enough shit being a Heart supporter given the number of Victory folk out there. To give it to them on a plate is galling.

I'll be there next year, and so will my boy, but someone please step up and give us hope. I don't think everyone is as resilient as my nine year old son and the future of the club I think is hanging by a thread. I know this sounds alarmist and emotional, but this is an emotional game in a ruthless competitive sports market.

And what's a forum for if you can't vent?!?!?!

• Like 4

Player of the Season: Gerhardt

Young Player of the Season (U21): Jez Walker

Breakout season: Jez Walker

Most Disappointing Player: Grella (not his fault though)

Best individual performance in a game: Kalmar vs Perth

Best Signing: Garcia/Gerhardt

Worst Signing: Gray

Best Goal: GolGol vs WSW

Best Win: 4-1 vs Brisbane

Worst Loss: 2nd Derby (heartbreaking) 

Highlight of the Season: 1st Derby

Lowest Point: Any away match

Brain-fart of the Season: Colosimo had many

au revoir, don't come back next season: Hoffman, Coyne, Colosimo, Meeuwis, Fred, Bolton (still want him around the club in some capacity absolute legend), Mcallister, Thompson

Breakout season: Jeremy Walker/Gol Gol Mebrahtu

Best individual performance in a game: Jeremy Walker (v Sydney 3-1 in Melbourne)

Best Signing: Richard Garcia

Worst Signing: Steven Gray

Best Goal: David Williams (v Brisbane in Melbourne, when Behich sprinted the sideline to keep the ball in)

Best Win: Brisbane 4-1

Worst Loss: Sydney 2-1 in January in Sydney

Highlight of the Season: 5 in a row at home for 2013

Lowest Point: Having WSW down to 10 men after 17 mins and not being able to score a penalty and then lose the match

Brain-fart of the Season: Colosimo v Wellington (Rd 2) and v Adelaide (in Adelaide)

au revoir, don't come back next season: Colosimo, Fred, Thompson, Hoffman, Meeuwis, Macallister

I'm sitting at home catching up with the CCM game after being away. After 20 minutes, my 9 year old son (who was a constant companion at all home games) sitting next to me on the couch says "do we have to watch this dad??". I'm so over the Heart!!". Out of the mouth of babes comes the truth.

When thinking of a season review, there's very little to cheer. But what I find really depressing, and I don't mind using that word, is what the hell happens from here?? It's all still very raw, but I feel like a Demons supporter this week. A coach I have zero confidence in, and a playing list uninspired by all put before them. Add to this a culture of mediocrity, and I feel so down knowing there's no quick fix to this. Cultures take years to recover from what we've seen, and to change a culture you need a strong leader with a clear vision, a demeanor of steel, and a leadership of inspiration to drag all along with him (indeed carry) and lead by example. I just look at the next year with the same stewardship with abject despair. You cop enough shit being a Heart supporter given the number of Victory folk out there. To give it to them on a plate is galling.

I'll be there next year, and so will my boy, but someone please step up and give us hope. I don't think everyone is as resilient as my nine year old son and the future of the club I think is hanging by a thread. I know this sounds alarmist and emotional, but this is an emotional game in a ruthless competitive sports market.

As a Melbourne supporter, believe me when I say I feel 10 times happier with the heart than the dees.

Things always look pretty bleak after a near wooden spoon season, but for me the dust has settled a bit. I have come to grips with the fact Aloisi will still be the gaffer next season, but I've also realised that 2-3 years ago everyone was saying the same things about Ian Ferguson at Perth, and he went on to lead his side to a grand final the next season.

Add to this, I think we are in for a pretty exciting (and long) offseason. You would think there will be a fairly large clean out, getting rid of most of the deadwood (except for Hoffman it would seem, how unfortunate). With this clear out will come new life, New hope for the fans and club and new players, including a possible marquee signing.

I'm not saying all this will definitely happen. But don't for one minute think next season is lost just because of our season from hell this year.

We are not even close to the dire straights that the Melbourne football club are in.

Sorry, but I really don't know why people have their rose-coloured glasses on when they look at Tadic. OK, he got some poor service - as did everyone else. But he is very slow off the mark, doesn't have good speed even when he's going, can't win a contested header, and runs up and down in a very narrow corridor. Can't believe he kept Berisha out the the starting line-up at Arminia Bielefeld. Berisha kills him on present form - guy runs and runs and runs and gives 120% in every game.

I rate Tadic a huge disappointment for a visa player.

As a Melbourne supporter, believe me when I say I feel 10 times happier with the heart than the dees.

Things always look pretty bleak after a near wooden spoon season, but for me the dust has settled a bit. I have come to grips with the fact Aloisi will still be the gaffer next season, but I've also realised that 2-3 years ago everyone was saying the same things about Ian Ferguson at Perth, and he went on to lead his side to a grand final the next season.

Add to this, I think we are in for a pretty exciting (and long) offseason. You would think there will be a fairly large clean out, getting rid of most of the deadwood (except for Hoffman it would seem, how unfortunate). With this clear out will come new life, New hope for the fans and club and new players, including a possible marquee signing.

I'm not saying all this will definitely happen. But don't for one minute think next season is lost just because of our season from hell this year.

We are not even close to the dire straights that the Melbourne football club are in.

agreed as both a demons and heart supporter x10000

agreed as both a demons and heart supporter x10000 +1

Id say if they were to re-sign hoffman and after what they said at the forum I think it will be to play him in the youth team and to have as back up if there was a horror run of injuries. We have one of the smallest lists in the league so id say in the off season they would be looking to expand the squad aswell as clear the dead wood, considering the cap is now covered it gives every team a hell of alot of freedom. Also, id say we might see an extended bench finally next season and perhaps the clubs are privy to some information that the public and supporters dont have. Also wouldnt be suprised if they raised the cap either considering for the A-league its been a rather good season. 

So we just need our whole supporter base to be Melbourne football club supporters to keep on signing on :droy:

I admire your support, but as a Melbourne supporter can't you see the similar path the heart are following? From people i have talked to it just seems that everyone is saying 'oh wait for next season, we'll be better than!!' but don't you need to study history to stop it from repeating? It just seems that there is 

no scapegoat, that no one want's to actually review what went wrong last season, and just move on. Who is accountable for this?

Player of the Season: 1. Richard Garcia. 2. Patrick Gerhardt.

Young Player of the Season (U21): Jeremy Walker.

Breakout season: Andrew Redmayne.

Most Disappointing Player: 1. Matt Thompson (by a mile). 2. Josip Tadic.

Best individual performance in a game: Nick Kalmar. His one and only good game for the season.

Best Signing: Richard Garcia.

Worst Signing: 1. Dylan Macallister 2. Steven Gray. (because we're stuck with Macallister for another bloody year). Both signings have Aloisi's fingerprints all over them, so God help us next season.

Best Goal: Golgol's 87th minute winner against Perth.

Best Win: 4-1 at home to Brisbane.

Worst Loss: 2-3 away to Wellington after leading 2-0 only to capitulate to the side that eventually finished last.

Highlight of the Season: When we reached 5th on the ladder.

Lowest Point: The last five games of the season, when we completely disintegrated as a team.

Brain-fart of the Season: Simon Colosimo for two stupid red cards and numerous other actions that contributed to the season from hell.

au revoir, don't come back next season: Everyone coming out of contract except Garcia and Dugandzic.

We are not even close to the dire straights that the Melbourne football club are in. So we just need our whole supporter base to be Melbourne football club supporters to keep on signing on :droy:

I admire your support, but as a Melbourne supporter can't you see the similar path the heart are following? From people i have talked to it just seems that everyone is saying 'oh wait for next season, we'll be better than!!' but don't you need to study history to stop it from repeating? It just seems that there is

no scapegoat, that no one want's to actually review what went wrong last season, and just move on. Who is accountable for this?

You'll have your scapegoat, Aloisi, if we continue with mediocrity. But as far as I can tell, he will almost certainly be in the top job at the beginning of the season, regardless of how much noise we as supporters make.

And yes, everything I've said has been said like a true Melbourne supporter.

Tadic the worst buy of the season? More to the point he got some of the worst service. 

Perhaps there's little point in spending money on such a quality striker when you aren't able to give him appropriate service. We may as well have kept Maycon or played Hoffman as a striker. Quite a flattering review of our performance on the FFA site, there are many many letters beyond an 'F'.

Edited by belaguttman

I don't like being a pessimist but this season always had "TROUBLE" written all over it.

First we had the inordinate time it took to put a squad together, then we had the appointment of the inexperienced Aloisi, supposedly because of his "media profile". Couldn't believe that was the criteria for a coach, but at least the board didn't go for the higher profile Eddie McGuire! The next step was the sale of pretty much anyone who look liked they had potential. "Good luck Johnny" I thought at that point, even a veteran coach would struggle under those circumstances.

We started terribly but with 5 games to go with guys coming back from injury things looked hopeful, but for reasons I don't fathom we then started to play our worst football of the year and frankly in the end 9th flattered the team. Game after game we seemed to play without purpose or structure - lucky we didn't have to play any cup games against lower league teams- we were saved some humiliation on that front at least.

After a year in charge a big question mark still hangs over Johnny. He's had a year to learn his craft, we can't afford as a club to give him more time- he has to show he's ready now.

The spine of the team basically needs rebuilding/replacing. need a 2nd keeper to challenge Redmayne, a strong central defender who is a specialist and doesn't gift a goal a game, a holding midfielder worthy of the title, a No 10 who can break down opponents etc and plays every week. To have to replace almost your entire spine is testimony to the management of the club I'm afraid. I'd hope there are some red faces over at La Trobe.

My vote for the player who the fans let off lightly this year:

Colosimo.

Colosimo, Thompson, Fred, Meeuwis, Coyne and Hoffman need to go...although the latter apparently already has a new contract!

We need to get in some players who want to play and want to win! The players above are not cut out for it (anymore)!

And we need Raul. I hope the board and Munn understand the importance and how much is riding on getting Raul's signature! I will go as far as saying saying that Raul will be our saviour next season and having him at Heart will pay dividends for years to come!

For a lot of players it was their first season for heart seniors. Heres how I rate them.

ANDREW REDMAYNE- 7/10

Couldn't save a penalty for shit, but he was able to take boltons spot and looked mostly solid

JEREMY WALKER-8/10

Good young player for the future. A few mistakes here and there, but he's young and can be forgiven. Almost plays better every time I see him.

PATRICK GERHARDT-9/10

Solid signing. A rock in our defence, despite not being played where we originally had him signed up for.

DAVID VRANKOVIC-7/10

Felt like he want given enough game time this season. Quality distribution from the backline which we where lacking. Made a few mistakes, like jezza he is young and can be forgiven.

RICHARD GARCIA-9/10

Our top goal scorer enough said. Shame he didn't get the service he deserved. Despite playing on the wing and in the middle, still scored the most goals for us this season.

BEN GARUCCIO-6/10

Top signing, didn't play as much as I would've liked and struggled with injuries all season. Not his fault.

DYLAN MACALLISTER-4/10

Showed two good things all season IMO. In the first game the goal against the turds, and the last game setting up garcias goal.

GOLGOL MEBRAHTU-7/10

If he wasn't so injury prone could have had a much better season. Best free kick taker this for us.

JOSIP TADIC-6/10

Scored a decent amount of goals from the spot. Was not clinical in open play however, or fast enough.

SAM MITCHINSON-6/10

Has a long way to go. Glad to see him getting a lot of game time this season however. Shame about how he was just thrown in the deep end.

STEPHEN GRAY-1/10

IMO one of the worst signings ever made by the heart.

JAMIE COYNE-5/10

Came as an injury replacement player. Never expected much.

CAMERON EDWARDS-1/10

Bought mid season, seemed to be a lot of hype around him. Never got to see him in action.

MARCEL MEEUWIS-1/10

Injury replacement. Absolute waste of money. Would've much preferred someone from the youth team promoted instead of the shit he dished up. Would've been much more forgiving even if said youth player performed worse.