Melbourne Football

*SPOILERS* - Game of Thrones Episode Discussion

Duchess

shit episode

getting real sick of 'what is the girl's name' bullshit

i don't care if she's blind or if she's getting smacked up by a fucking broom. worst storyline so far IMO

more jon snow pls and more khaleesi naked ffs 

• Like 2

Young Ned Stark looked a little retarded TBH.

13 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

No sand snake bad pussy flog bitches = good episode.

Same here... fucken Ninga Turtles meet Xena crap with sassy zingers.

12 hours ago, bt50 said:

A pretty good set up episode i thought. The Jon Snow storyline easily the most interesting in the show at the minute.

Agreed - Finally he can get on with doing some real shit rather like taking back Winterfell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

His accent was ridiculous. Sounded like some chav they found out the front of a shopping centre in Newcastle.

When I first saw a pic of him in the Trailer I was like is that a Actor Australian?

As I thought I knew him from something I had seen in Australia and then I realised he just looks like my Younger Brother's mate with long hair.

Edited by cadete

Emilia Clarke loved GOT stripping scene

Emilia Clarke was thrilled to strip for 'Game of Thrones'.

The 29-year-old actress - who plays Daenerys Targaryen in the award-winning HBO series - had no problems stripping off for a scene aired in the most recent episode, which sees her emerge from a sea of flames with no clothes on.

She told Entertainment Weekly: 'I'd like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3.

'That was a while ago. It's now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I'm just feeling genuinely happy I said, 'Yes.' That ain't no body double. It's so exciting, very tingly-making. Every season I get at least one spine-chilling moment.'

Meanwhile, Emilia previously revealed she has a specific way to get into character for her role in 'Game of Thrones' - by listening to 'gangster rap'.

She said: 'A lot of gangster rap before 'Thrones'. So Tupac. Biggie. But then some Florence. And Beyonce obviously.

'I tried Eminem once, but that was too much. For me, it's like, you wake up and think, 'I'm not feeling particularly badass this morning. Coolio, Biggie, can you help me?'

'When you're doing a huge scene, trying to empower hundreds of extras, you've got to get me to a G.'

And while Emilia is used to playing strong female characters in her various roles, she previously admitted she is 'winging it'.

'Of the strong women I play, I'm winging it! I read it (Jojo Moyes' novel on which the film 'Me Before You' is based) and it just ... literally from the first chapter I was like, 'This is me! Oh my god, I've got to do it! Genuinely, never in my life, have I wanted a part more than this. The closest parallel I have is Bridget Jones, in essence. Doesn't quite think much of herself, doesn't think before she speaks, doesn't think before she acts, tends to fall and knock things over ... She just has a huge presence and a huge amount of energy and a lot of crazy thoughts running around her rather bonkers mind,' she said.

If you listen closely, you can hear Tesla fapping in the background. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

The queen is hotter TBH.

Ive got a real thing for redheads, but Malisandre and Sansa do it for me.

Or Ros the hooker from the first few seasons was pretty damn good too. Pity Joffrey shot her with a crossbow.

Just now, bt50 said:

Ive got a real thing for redheads, but Malisandre and Sansa do it for me.

Or Ros the hooker from the first few seasons was pretty damn good too. Pity Joffrey shot her with a crossbow.

Malisandre? Really?

Sansa is alright but a bit too skinny (in b4 she is malloy's favourite), which sees her fall behind Margaery and Daenerys.

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Malisandre? Really?

Sansa is alright but a bit too skinny (in b4 she is malloy's favourite), which sees her fall behind Margaery and Daenerys.

Carice Van Houten's tits are up there with the best I've seen imo.

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Carice Van Houten's tits are up there with the best I've seen imo.

True, especially for her age. But there is obviously some editing going on as well.

Just dunno, something doesn't appeal about her (of course we're comparing to GoT standards, I'm sure no one would turn any of the mentioned women down IRL)

Edited by Tesla

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

True, especially for her age. But there is obviously some editing going on as well.

Just dunno, something doesn't appeal about her (of course we're comparing to GoT standards, I'm sure no one would turn any of the mentioned women down IRL)

Red headed, mature with big natural cans - fetish alert :rolleyes:

Edited by bt50

Episode 5 has leaked. HUGE spoilers and important plot points in this. PM me if you want a link to the discussion thread on reddit. (no one has uploaded the episode yet, the thread has synopsis and screenshots.)

Edited by jeffplz

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

Episode 5 has leaked. HUGE spoilers and important plot points in this. PM me if you want a link to the discussion thread on reddit. (no one has uploaded the episode yet, the thread has synopsis and screenshots.)

Why the fuck has no one uploaded. Was jut thinking I wish I had a tv show to watch right now.

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Why the fuck has no one uploaded. Was jut thinking I wish I had a tv show to watch right now.

as of now there's 3 links to stream it an a torrent up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/4khmww/stream_link_season_6_episode_5_the_door/

don't scroll down in there^, big spoilers

Edited by jeffplz

as of now there's 3 links to stream it an a torrent up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/4khmww/stream_link_season_6_episode_5_the_door/

don't scroll down in there^, big spoilers

No nzb yet it seems, but those streams looks decent quality, not sure what to do since it will be available tomorrow anyway :hmm: 

I LOLed hard at the end TBH.

I figured the whole story out now.

Daenerys & John Snow (fire) will battle the zombies (ice), and that will be the end of the story (A Song of Ice and Fire).

And if Daenerys & John Snow don't end up allied, either of those two themselves could be Fire (Daenerys for obvious reasons, John Snow cause the light god shit), so there you have your Ice vs Fire anyway.

TBH I thought they'd end up fucking, but aren't they related somehow? Not that that's a problem in GoT, but there could be another way they become allied aside from fucking. My initial thoughts were that they'd be fucking though. But again, even if they don't end up allied the fire vs ice thing still works for either of them.

Ez show.

Edited by Tesla

6 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I LOLed hard at the end TBH.

I figured the whole story out now.

Daenerys & John Snow (fire) will battle the zombies (ice), and that will be the end of the story (A Song of Ice and Fire).

And if Daenerys & John Snow don't end up allied, either of those two themselves could be Fire (Daenerys for obvious reasons, John Snow cause the light god shit), so there you have your Ice vs Fire anyway.

TBH I thought they'd end up fucking, but aren't they related somehow? Not that that's a problem in GoT, but there could be another way they become allied aside from fucking. My initial thoughts were that they'd be fucking though. But again, even if they don't end up allied the fire vs ice thing still works for either of them.

Ez show.

Well done welcome to 2000. Let's be honest though when has GRRM ever been that predictable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Well done welcome to 2000. Let's be honest though when has GRRM ever been that predictable 

Well it's probably easier to see coming if you read the books but I don't think it was particularly obvious in the show until this season (at the very least, there was no reason to see John Snow possibly representing fire until this season).

But yeah, surely it won't be so simple. Either way, even if that is somewhat accurate still many other loose ends to tie up (but you see the stories converging so that might become clearer soon)

Edited by Tesla

15 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

15 hours ago, Tesla said:

Well it's probably easier to see coming if you read the books but I don't think it was particularly obvious in the show until this season (at the very least, there was no reason to see John Snow possibly representing fire until this season).

But yeah, surely it won't be so simple. Either way, even if that is somewhat accurate still many other loose ends to tie up (but you see the stories converging so that might become clearer soon)

I was going to write the same thing @thisphantomfortress.

15 hours ago, Tesla said:

Thought it was fairly obvious he's half Targaryan from the first season tbh.. So much emphasis on how 'honorable' Ned was, as if he'd ever have a bastard child

It is pretty easy to work out as he intended to write a Trilogy so in the First Books there are a fair few clues being left for a conclusion in two books time.

Then he just went nuts and started writing about any new idea he had... the large fairly unnecessary content on Dorne and Dornish Culture being the best example which has then been completely changed (In fact the central storyline has been reversed) for the show.

Which seems to me to really have been done so Obern could be involved in the show...

Another thing about the book is that Bran Chapters suck, they are always just about some Cryptic Shit (He only reaches the Tree at the end of the last novel) and more about him being carried through the Wilderness and hiding from PPL. I always dreaded his chapters so its interesting how his storylines in the show are now the most exciting.

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The Sansa chapters and the Cercei chapters were always hard. Fucking lemon cakes 

Actually my Political background means I liked both of their chapters as they were based in the Political World of King's Landing... (Of course early on Sansa  is as whiny as fuck in the earlier books)

My favourite chapters are all the Lannisters: I actually like Jamie's the Best.

I was already really into Medieval History and Historical Fiction prior to GOT so that is why these Chapters appeal to me. They remind me of Sharon Penman's books about the English Medieval Kings and Maurice Durron about the French Medieval Kings... who it turns out George R Martin actually says were a source of inspiration for GOT. 

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Actually my Political background means I liked both of their chapters as they were based in the Political World of King's Landing... (Of course early on Sansa  is as whiny as fuck in the earlier books)

My favourite chapters are all the Lannisters: I actually like Jamie's the Best.

I was already really into Medieval History and Historical Fiction prior to GOT so that is why these Chapters appeal to me. They remind me of Sharon Penman's books about the English Medieval Kings and Maurice Durron about the French Medieval Kings... who it turns out George R Martin actually says were a source of inspiration for GOT. 

Agree with this. Jamie always seemed to have the best chapters. His character in the books is a lot better than in the show as well which obviously makes a big difference.

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Can someone please explain to me why this Bran and "Hold the door" stuff is so huge and game changing?

There's a lot to it. 

Bran can time travel and interact with the past. He gave Hodor his affliction by putting young Hodor's mind into his mind in the future, where he experienced his own death. In the books and shows it's said that characters tend to hear whispers in the wind and the trees talking to them, one example being the Mad King Aerys. Time travel could now explain why the Mad King heard those whispers, it could've been Bran trying to stop shit from happening, but instead turning the king Mad, thus causing everything that has happened. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

There's a lot to it. 

Bran can time travel and interact with the past. He gave Hodor his affliction by putting young Hodor's mind into his mind in the future, where he experienced his own death. In the books and shows it's said that characters tend to hear whispers in the wind and the trees talking to them, one example being the Mad King Aerys. Time travel could now explain why the Mad King heard those whispers, it could've been Bran trying to stop shit from happening, but instead turning the king Mad, thus causing everything that has happened. 

This show has completely morphed into an episode of the Twilight Zone.

There's a lot to it. 

I don't buy into "the mad King was mad cause bran theory"

the mad King was mad because incest and the ptsd from Summerhall

10 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I don't buy into "the mad King was mad cause bran theory"

the mad King was mad because incest and the ptsd from Summerhall

Agreed... 

ESP when you put the whole of Robert's Rebellion and its similarity to the War of The Roses and in particular of how Robert clearly is very similar to Edward The Fourth who rebelled against a Mentally Disturbed King.

Edited by cadete