Melbourne Football

*SPOILERS* - Game of Thrones Episode Discussion

Duchess

9 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Arya and the bastard son of Robert will hit it off. he might even give her a sword. Pun intended.

The thing is that if there is anyone in Westeros who seriously is still into pushing for an actual Baratheon Heir to the throne there are actually no Legitimate Baratheon's left besides those who are not real Baratheons. Robert, Stannis, and Renly and all their legitimate children are dead.

Also then if you look at it Robert's father was an only child as was his Grandfather and his Great-Grandfather only had a sister but the only mention of her is that she was meant to marry a Targaryen but was spurned by her proposed at the last minute. There is no mention of her having children. (In fact it was this spurning that was why Robert's Grandfather was given a Targaryen to marry instead - This was the tedious hereditary link Robert promoted after his conquest.)

So you can't go back and find any distant legitimate cousins who have a claim to the Baratheon Throne which means leaves you with Robert's oldest Bastard who is Gendry. Now the Lannisters and the Tyrells are not going to stop pretending Tommen was Robert's son.

Therefore if I was Gendry I would claim my bloody birthright, bend the knee and join the Targaryen/Stark cause who would be all to happy to have a real Baratheon that looks like Robert to contrast to Tommen behind their cause and hopefully when shit is sorted out be granted the Lordship of Storm's End... and maybe then make Ayra Lady of Storm's End for even a bit more legitimacy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The pace of the episode was very different, had a season one feel to it almost. Pros; no dragon bitch or dornish. Cons; no true warden of the north.

only three episodes to go and a lot going on. Then another years wait

I reckon with three episodes to go the end of the season will probably be Dragon Tits boarding boats to Westeros...

• Like 1

Everyone is under the impression that the dothraki hoard will survive the sea. I'm tipping that half her loyalists will die on the way accross.

They will then have to align themselves with others to achieve a goal... that goal will still be liberation of the oppressed/future oppressed (Thanks to Mr. Imp for reminding her).

So basically, she'll team up to kill the night's king because he's a cunt. In return the liberals will then march onto kings landing and fuck those green/labour dogs. 

The seven kingdoms will then be divided evenly with '7 rings of power' and 'One ring to rule them all'. That ring might or might not be of a brown color with a little bit of incest red dripping out of it. 

Edited by Deviant
Political correctness.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Everyone is under the impression that the dothraki hoard will survive the sea. I'm tipping that half her loyalists will die on the way accross.

They will then have to align themselves with others to achieve a goal... that goal will still be liberation of the oppressed/future oppressed (Thanks to Mr. Imp for reminding her).

So basically, she'll team up to kill the night's king because he's a cunt. In return the liberals will then march onto kings landing and fuck those green/labour dogs. 

The seven kingdoms will then be divided evenly with '7 rings of power' and 'One ring to rule them all'. That ring might or might not be of a brown color with a little bit of incest red dripping out of it. 

Youre one sick fuck, you know that?

• Like 1

Just touching on Arya, like the sick fuck i am. You'll like this one @bt50

I knew that the old lady wasn't an old and was that other female. I was hoping for Arya to respond differently. Maybe finally get the better of her... but i was disappointed. 

...and then... comes this thought...

What if, they are the same person? What if the house of black and white and the water that she drank has actually fucked with her and all of us watching to produce a black and a white version of her?

Bare with me here...

I'm pretty sure that when Arya was blind and was on the streets, while fighting with the other girl, no one reacted. No one actually looked over. Like they didn't see anything. Furthermore, joker hugger (you the one) only ever wants to speak with Arya when she is alone. The other girl is told to fuck off. Is it because he wants to speak with the white version (or black version) of Arya? She also knows what Arya is doing all the time and only really appears when Arya is alone. No one else see's her apart from Arya and the hugger.

And also, what was the promise that he promised the other girl? Was it to finally kill off white arya? The second chance that she got, is that because shes split, is it because the other girl wants her to become who she is destined... a nobody? (LoL)

If that girl is 'nobody' already, you can see how her mission is only to kill the Arya we know so she finally becomes one of them.

Why was joker pleased for the other girl to kill Arya, is it because she is ready?

:lowy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deviant said:

Just touching on Arya, like the sick fuck i am. You'll like this one @bt50

I knew that the old lady wasn't an old and was that other female. I was hoping for Arya to respond differently. Maybe finally get the better of her... but i was disappointed. 

...and then... comes this thought...

What if, they are the same person? What if the house of black and white and the water that she drank has actually fucked with her and all of us watching to produce a black and a white version of her?

Bare with me here...

I'm pretty sure that when Arya was blind and was on the streets, while fighting with the other girl, no one reacted. No one actually looked over. Like they didn't see anything. Furthermore, joker hugger (you the one) only ever wants to speak with Arya when she is alone. The other girl is told to fuck off. Is it because he wants to speak with the white version (or black version) of Arya? She also knows what Arya is doing all the time and only really appears when Arya is alone. No one else see's her apart from Arya and the hugger.

And also, what was the promise that he promised the other girl? Was it to finally kill off white arya? The second chance that she got, is that because shes split, is it because the other girl wants her to become who she is destined... a nobody? (LoL)

If that girl is 'nobody' already, you can see how her mission is only to kill the Arya we know so she finally becomes one of them.

Why was joker pleased for the other girl to kill Arya, is it because she is ready?

:lowy:

That's some real fight club level shit, love it I'm sold

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That's some real fight club level shit, love it I'm sold

Am I the only person who saw what was going to happen in fight club all along? 

It really wasn't that good. 

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

Am I the only person who saw what was going to happen in fight club all along? 

It really wasn't that good. 

I was about 10 when I saw it the first time so it was mind blowing as fuck for me back then.

11 minutes ago, cadete said:

The Author of it is even more overrated...

I liked the book. I don't think I've read any more of his stuff though 

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

I was about 10 when I saw it the first time so it was mind blowing as fuck for me back then.

I liked the book. I don't think I've read any more of his stuff though 

That is because he is a one trick pony... like most of the Young Modern Fiction Writers you see on a Hipster's "Look I Read" Bookshelf.

3 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously how much of a douche is Tommen... such a flog, I cant wait for when the dragons roast him and the High Sparrow.

Will there be a Kings Landing by the time dragon tits gets there? 

What are the rumors that were true? Are the visions that we've seen of the 'snow' in Kings Landing really snow? Or ash?

Potential spoilers to the story below, If you don't want to read further, do not highlight below. (I hope it's the same on mobile lol)

I think Cercei is going to fuck up like she always does and roast Kings Landing (Along with her son and the old cultist cunt) with wildfire leaving nothing for Dragon Tits to take over. The mad king alluded to doing what Danni has now done on multiple occasions and that is: Burn the cunt down and walk out unharmed. He wanted to burn down Kings Landing (With Wild fire throughout the caves under Kings Landing and walk/fly out as a dragon.

That was absolutely unreal. Would have to be very close to The Rains of Castamere in terms of best episode ever. So so awesome. Still a few flaws, including the question of why would the Boltons give up their enormous tactical advantage of Winterfell to meet the enemy in the field, but nonetheless, very very well made.

23 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

That was absolutely unreal. Would have to be very close to The Rains of Castamere in terms of best episode ever. So so awesome. Still a few flaws, including the question of why would the Boltons give up their enormous tactical advantage of Winterfell to meet the enemy in the field, but nonetheless, very very well made.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deviant said:

What's the deal that Sansa struck with beylish? 

And was his army formed by taking over the knights of the veil? 

Well he got that annoying kid to say he wanted the Knights of The Vale to help out Sansa in one of the earlier episodes... I kind of felt them coming was predictable.

Ramsey had to come out on the battlefield because he needed to keep the Fear points from those in the North who were not following him out of real loyalty. The funny thing is that he actually showed himself to be a very good general with his focus on Archers and getting his spearmen to form a square... it was a fluke he lost.

This historically was how battles were often won from the corresponding time period in RL.

Also FWIW if they had been a siege of Winterfell the Giant probably would have breached the gate anyway.

Edited by cadete

Liked the episode, and adds to the long list of (a.) Quality battle episodes and (b.) Outstanding 9th episode each season tends to have.

I really appreciated the role the Meeren battle scenes played out as a small offset - if only a couple more ships went up in smoke to shit the Masters right off.  Really allows Daenerys to start for Westeros.

Perfect way for Ramsay to go too - all "mad dog" and shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Well he got that annoying kid to say he wanted the Knights of The Vale to help out Sansa in one of the earlier episodes... I kind of felt them coming was predictable.

Ramsey had to come out on the battlefield because he needed to keep the Fear points from those in the North who were not following him out of real loyalty. The funny thing is that he actually showed himself to be a very good general with his focus on Archers and getting his spearmen to form a square... it was a fluke he lost.

This historically was how battles were often won from the corresponding time period in RL.

Also FWIW if they had been a siege of Winterfell the Giant probably would have breached the gate anyway.

I totally missed that point about the annoying little fucker and helping sansa. 

While we're on Sansa, i think she's pregnant. 

Baelish still can't be trusted. But i hope that Sansa has learnt from her time with Ramsay to 'play games'.

Fitting end to Ramsay... fitting end to that imaginary character called rickon. 

All men must die.. It's looking likely this will happen. 

1 hour ago, Deviant said:

I totally missed that point about the annoying little fucker and helping sansa. 

While we're on Sansa, i think she's pregnant. 

Baelish still can't be trusted. But i hope that Sansa has learnt from her time with Ramsay to 'play games'.

Fitting end to Ramsay... fitting end to that imaginary character called rickon. 

All men must die.. It's looking likely this will happen. 

Yeah - She is obviously pregnant...

Obviously not going to complain about any Dragon scene, but I find it annoying when you know one is coming up because they start to build up the "Dragon Music"  in the background that they always play when the Dragons start doing crazy shit. 

Edited by cadete

18 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So IMO the episode followed almost entirely predictable plot lines.

but what made it so amazing was the cinematography; fuck me the cavalry charge and the crush scene. Holy shit

Yeah, as I alluded to in a previous post I was just waiting for her retard cousin's army to rock up and save the day, 100% predictable. And if it wasn't obvious enough already, all the talk between her and John about not having enough men and Sansa's guilt written all over her face cause she told littlefinger to fuck off made it even more obvious that she was going to reach out to him.

Bust still one of the best episodes just cause it was so fucking satisfying and the fight scenes etc were great.

11/10 episode.

So what happens now, is Sansa in charge or John? Only solution is for them to start fucking I suppose...

Edited by Tesla

I read a comment somewhere else that I wanted to bring up on here. The whole book series is very anti-war where as the tv show really hasn't been able to convey this as well.... Until now. That fight scene was Saving Private Ryanesc, the pure desperation of the crush was horrible too. Any fans of Dan Carlin on here will be aware of his discussions on how horrific battles are and it really reminded me of that.

was an awesome visual representation of how fucked up war actually is

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I read a comment somewhere else that I wanted to bring up on here. The whole book series is very anti-war where as the tv show really hasn't been able to convey this as well.... Until now. That fight scene was Saving Private Ryanesc, the pure desperation of the crush was horrible too. Any fans of Dan Carlin on here will be aware of his discussions on how horrific battles are and it really reminded me of that.

Was having a chat to a mate. He said that his other mate had to look away because he's claustrophobic...  

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Spot on. The show constantly glorifies violence when the books convey the opposite most of the time. George himself is very anti-war and was even a consciensous objector to the Vietnam War. But this episode really did show how fucking awful war really is. It was different to the usual show violence which is exciting coreography and stuff and more just purely brutal, chaotic slaughter. Such a great episode.