Melbourne Football

*SPOILERS* - Game of Thrones Episode Discussion

Duchess

probably should of watched the last episode of season 2, so gladd its back.

THIS.

The version I downloaded didn't have a recap at the start. 5 mins in a realised I had forgotten half of the events/smaller characters roles. The last ep of S02 had a recap at the start of it so that was helpful then I flicked through that ep and tried to reacquaint myself with the clinghangers etc from the end of the last season.

Bit disappointing I had forgotten so much tbh. Had to google who the fuck 'Lady Margery' was. 

• Like 1

THIS.

The version I downloaded didn't have a recap at the start. 5 mins in a realised I had forgotten half of the events/smaller characters roles. The last ep of S02 had a recap at the start of it so that was helpful then I flicked through that ep and tried to reacquaint myself with the clinghangers etc from the end of the last season.

Bit disappointing I had forgotten so much tbh. Had to google who the fuck 'Lady Margery' was. 

One thing that most be annoying for viewers is the large amount of locations involved in an episode, they should put the name of places on the screen when they change location.

Then again PPL could read the book.

• Like 1

lol! Loved that it was back... and the start of the episode with the nights watch beyond the wall was awesome. 

- Wish Sansa would get laid already, her prissy-ness fucking shits me.

- Strong lack of Arya's journey

- Really liking Manse's character already.

- Watching a couple of trailers before hand to semi introduce the new characters was a good idea imo. Jon Snows meeting with mance made a lot more sense and gave me a greater anticipation of seeing that guy SEMI-SPOILER *Do what he does in the trailer to the wall*

- Daenerys character looks like she will feature heavily in this season as season 2 was a lack luster for her.

- Robb is a bit of douche.

The ending was immense with the re-introduction of a power player joining the opposing side.

lol! Loved that it was back... and the start of the episode with the nights watch beyond the wall was awesome. 

- Watching a couple of trailers before hand to semi introduce the new characters was a good idea imo. Jon Snows meeting with mance made a lot more sense and gave me a greater anticipation of seeing that guy SEMI-SPOILER *Do what he does in the trailer to the wall*

- Daenerys character looks like she will feature heavily in this season as season 2 was a lack luster for her.

The ending was immense with the re-introduction of a power player joining the opposing side.

Out of Interest,

What do PPL think of Margery lookswise?

Out of Interest,

Would smash

• Like 1

I think Margery is smoking, dont get me wrong - probably the best on the show, but am I the only one who thinks her face tends to look a little weird?

Did rewatch s02e10 before this and glad I did - even having watched it about a month ago it was still good to get fresh knowledge of it

Also, does the author have a thing for redheads or what? Seems 90% of females are rangas

Edited by Duchess

I think Margery is smoking, dont get me wrong - probably the best on the show, but am I the only one who thinks her face tends to look a little weird?

Did rewatch s02e10 before this and glad I did - even having watched it about a month ago it was still good to get fresh knowledge of it

Also, does the author have a thing for redheads or what? Seems 90% of females are rangas

The Author does go on about Redheads - Reminds me of how Stan Lee also liked his Redheads... Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) and Mary Jane (Spiderman's Wife) being two.

• Like 1

THIS.

One thing that most be annoying for viewers is the large amount of locations involved in an episode, they should put the name of places on the screen when they change location.

This

THIS.

This

Or I could watch the fucking TV show as a TV show without having to pass the prerequisite of reading the books? 

What a ridiculous attitude. I'm sure you advocate that everybody has to have read all the star wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Silence of the Lambs etc. if they desire to watch the movies too. ;) 

• Like 1

THIS.

This

Or I could watch the fucking TV show as a TV show without having to pass the prerequisite of reading the books? 

What a ridiculous attitude. I'm sure you advocate that everybody has to have read all the star wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Silence of the Lambs etc. if they desire to watch the movies too. ;)

yes

• Like 1

Can confirm that I have read LOTR and Harry Potter and I enjoyed them much more than I did Silence of The Lambs and Star Wars.

Ok.

Is Game of Thrones Braveheart's kryptonite?

Lol - I wasn't being serious about my “Reading The Book Line”.

However I have read all of the above books except for Star Wars but more by fluke than anything, my little brother was Harry Potter nut so I borrowed his every time one came out and I found a copy of Silence of The Lambs on my dad’s shelf when I was really bored one time.

Out of Interest,

The things I would do to that poor girl

• Like 1

New season has started off well covering ground for a lot of characters....But does not do the book justice I'm afraid. 

it did portray the "Unsullied" excellently though...

Excited for more but I hope it follows the books a little better than the 1st episode.  

• Like 1

New season has started off well covering ground for a lot of characters....But does not do the book justice I'm afraid. 

it did portray the "Unsullied" excellently though...

Excited for more but I hope it follows the books a little better than the 1st episode.  

I would have preferred the Unsullied to be more short and wide myself... kinda of like powerful turtles but I still think it was a impressive sight anyway.

I asked because I think she has been close to the best casted Female.

Going by the book she should be a 8/10

(With Sansa being a 9/10 – And Dragon Tits being a 10/10)

Surely not - Margaery is definitely meant to be more attractive than Sansa..

Daenarys >>> Margaery >>> Sansa.

Disappointing with the casting for Roose Bolton, Mance Rayder and characters like Strong Belwas and Jeyne Westerling being written out of the series..

• Like 1

Not enough sex or violence, 1 star episode.

The thing about Game of Thrones is that the makers are really looking out for the viewers who are mainly tuning in for sex,

The seem to usually make sure if there is no sex scene involving any of the major players - that they feel the void with someone doing a whore.

Wasnt a fan, I'm confident subsequent episodes will deliver.

Maybe it should have been a double length episode.

Oh double length would have been satisfying!

The average length has left me yearning for more... i may have to look elsewhere to fill the gaping void and craving. 

George R. R. Martin has dropped a Strong Belwas bombshell over on his Not A Blog. According to two comments he left in response to questions from his readers, the fan favorite character has been cut from the TV series. Strong Belwas is a pit fighter from Meereen who enters Dany’s service. His introduction in the book series came when Barristan joined Daenerys. Obviously that didn’t occur in the show, but the hope was that they would find a way to introduce him later on. Alas, according to Martin, that is not going to happen.