Melbourne Football

*SPOILERS* - Game of Thrones Episode Discussion

Duchess

19 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

has made the whole "Tyrion is a Targaryen" theory fairly false (or at the very least no longer important as a plot point)

Personally I think Tyrion will remain the Queens Hand and end up as the Lord of Casterly Rock.

Jon will end up as King of North with Dragon Tits the Queen of the rest of Westros and whatever else remains loyal to her on the Mainland.

Also as I said before he appeared its obvious Gendry will end the Lord of Storms Head and I would not rule out all the Tully's being dead by the end of the show so Sansa becomes the Lady of Riverrun through the female line of her Mother.

11 hours ago, cadete said:

Personally I think Tyrion will remain the Queens Hand and end up as the Lord of Casterly Rock.

Jon will end up as King of North with Dragon Tits the Queen of the rest of Westros and whatever else remains loyal to her on the Mainland.

Also as I said before he appeared its obvious Gendry will end the Lord of Storms Head and I would not rule out all the Tully's being dead by the end of the show so Sansa becomes the Lady of Riverrun through the female line of her Mother.

I don't doubt Tyrion will remain loyal to Daenerys, more that there was a theory going around that Tyrion was the offspring of Joanna Lannister and the Mad King (and get to do some Targaryen shit with fire, mounting dragons, etc)

Kinda seems pointless now as a plot point

lol ez show.

Dragon tits cant have kids mentioned every 2 seconds.

Clearly angling to there being another Tagaryian as successor, which we know is Jon Snow.

Only reason it's important is cause dragon tits will die

Show ends with Jon Snow as king after dragon tits dies.

Too fucking ez, not even watching anymore, already know how it ends.

In the past I'd be like nah its can't be that simple, but show has gone to shit these days and it is so predictable.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

lol ez show.

Dragon tits cant have kids mentioned every 2 seconds.

Clearly angling to there being another Tagaryian as successor, which we know is Jon Snow.

Only reason it's important is cause dragon tits will die

Show ends with Jon Snow as king after dragon tits dies.

Too fucking ez, not even watching anymore, already know how it ends.

In the past I'd be like nah its can't be that simple, but show has gone to shit these days and it is so predictable.

that kind of bugged me how she kept mentioning it. we get it "dragon tits", we get it...

good ep though, the spear scene was intense

1 hour ago, Young Polak said:

is it just me or should there have been a much larger build-up towards Littlefinger's death? It just felt underwhelming for me tbh

yeah, and it was painfully obvious it was coming too as the Winterfell plot was going nowhere and the writers clearly didn't know what to do with his story anymore.

for a character who epitomises what the show is (or was) about, his death did feel kinda cheap.

• Like 3

One of the more average season finales tbh.

Kept waiting for that big suspenseful moment / battle scene that never truly came.

Glad to see the walkers going south at last, but with six episodes next season it was all expected.

13 hours ago, Nate said:

yeah, and it was painfully obvious it was coming too as the Winterfell plot was going nowhere and the writers clearly didn't know what to do with his story anymore.

for a character who epitomises what the show is (or was) about, his death did feel kinda cheap.

Couldn't agree more.  For the way Littlefinger operates, it was always coming but it just seemed rushed - as if the show runners wanted to tie it up quickly

I thought it was one of the best episodes for a while tbh. Lots of interesting plotlines either tying off or coming together. Keen to see Jamie Lannister free of Cersei as he's always been one of my favourite characters from the books but I felt hasn't been given enough of his own story in the show. Also really good to have John finally confirmed as a Targaryen. Not to mention, this episode brought us one step closer to the much anticipated CLEGANEBOWL!!!

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 3

Why hasn't the Ice King just not jumped on his new Dragon and taken out towns south of the wall?

And then come back and knock down the wall... Just last episode the Dragons broke the sound barrier in the way they got to shit so fast for the plot.

He literally could have at least wiped out everywhere before the Twins by now... And most of all destroyed Winterfell at least.

It's not like he cares about his human subjects...  The wall attack scene reeked of these hack writers having to fill in G R Martin's gaps.

Edited by cadete

• 1 year later...