Melbourne Football

*SPOILERS* - Game of Thrones Episode Discussion

Duchess

8 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Why is that even a complaint? Are you getting raped by reading it? Just close your eyes and move on if the page bothers you

The amount of complaining about the Sansa rape scene in the show was ridiculous.

Putting aside the stupidity of getting offended by an evil character committing an evil act in a TV show, surely a child being burned alive by their parents is a significantly worse act than rape.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nate said:

can't be the only one who jumped on Team Euron after that episode, dude's gonna be insanely fun to watch.

Seeing him finish off those terrible Dornish slags was enough for me. They were painful to watch.

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

I just hate that ugly Greyjoy Bitch... worst casting ever.

Seeing her and Elleria almost get it on made me physically wince, so glad they're gone (well I assume they are)

3 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Seeing him finish off those terrible Dornish slags was enough for me. They were painful to watch.

Yeah, the whole depiction of Dorne has been really good or woeful... the Setting/Location was brilliant and the casting of Obern and Doran was both well done as well.

However. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes on the show made me constantly think about a group female of Ninjas or some shit that would for no relevant reason end up on a TV show like fucken Xena The Warrior Princess.

(And on Xena at 6PM on a Sunday in 1996 that would have been cool but not on the biggest HBO show of all time).

39 minutes ago, Tesla said:

True, but I'd rather have my dick than have Missandei. 

The romance is boring and unnecessary (In more than one way) and links to none of the other plots...

It just smells like TV Multiculturalism pandering now because all the scenes from now on are in a place that is modeled more or less on a Western European Place in the Middle Ages so that unfortunately means too many White PPL.

Edited by cadete

The fucking "durr prince is actually a gender neutral pronoun so u can be prince that was promised too :3 *snort*" was so cringeworthy I almost quit watching... but the past 5 years aint going to waste, i'll finish this bullshit. inb4 a fat bbw genderfluid thot ends up on the throne and executes all cis white men just to appeal to the current audience

21 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

The fucking "durr prince is actually a gender neutral pronoun so u can be prince that was promised too :3 *snort*" was so cringeworthy I almost quit watching... but the past 5 years aint going to waste, i'll finish this bullshit. inb4 a fat bbw genderfluid thot ends up on the throne and executes all cis white men just to appeal to the current audience

Haha yeah that was really poorly worded. If she had of simply stated that the actual prophecy was in regard to a ruler or monarch rather than a specifically mentioning it was a non-gender pronoun it would've sounded ok, but that just came across as pandering to the current SJW trend.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Embee said:

Haha yeah that was really poorly worded. If she had of simply stated that the actual prophecy was in regard to a ruler or monarch rather than a specifically mentioning it was a non-gender pronoun it would've sounded ok, but that just came across as pandering to the current SJW trend.

Yeah show has a real SJW feel this season, also what's with them trying to make us vomit with every fucking Sam scene.

• Like 1

These guys must have blown the fuck out of their budget for later episodes, or at least I hope so because that episode felt so rushed and so void of any real intrigue. The Battle for Casterly Rock and the Battle for Highgarden could (and should) have been given a whole episode, but instead we got a terribly dull reunion between Sansa and Bran, and an underwhelming meeting between Jon and Daenerys. 

There's only 10 episodes left in the whole series now.

The Episode starts with fucken Missandei being called the Queen's most trusted adviser?

I thought that was the Hand of The Queen with his experience in Government and Conflict... or the Eunuch who had been on the King's Council since prior to her birth. The PPL who actually have lived in the Kingdom prior to the start of this Season.

Seriously why does the show have to pander to SJW's - Seeing as the last Oscar Results was reaction to PPL complaining about the previous years lack of Black Nominees at this rate Missandei will end up the Queen's Hand and then instead of Robert's Rebellion becoming a Spin Off we will get a show about her Greyworm raising a group of adopted kids after the war.

Edited by cadete

10 minutes ago, cadete said:

The Episode starts with fucken Missandei being called the Queen's most trusted adviser?

I thought that was the Hand of The Queen with his experience in Government and Conflict... or the Eunuch who had been on the King's Council since prior to her birth. The PPL who actually have lived in the Kingdom prior to the start of this Season.

Seriously why does the show have to pander to SJW's - Seeing as the last Oscar Results was reaction to PPL complaining about the previous years lack of Black Nominees at this rate Missandei will end up the Queen's Hand and then instead of Robert's Rebellion becoming a Spin Off we will get a show about her Greyworm raising a group of adopted kids after the war.

Nah you're reading too much into it. They said most trusted, not best. I think it's been made fairly clear that she still doesn't 100% trust Tyrion due to him being who he is, whereas Missandei is basically her bff

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Nah you're reading too much into it. They said most trusted, not best. I think it's been made fairly clear that she still doesn't 100% trust Tyrion due to him being who he is, whereas Missandei is basically her bff

She is still receiving way too much bloody airtime... 

Yeah actually now that I think back through everything that happened it was pretty good. I posted just after I had finished watching it and hadn't really thought over everything that had happened. Fwiw if anyone missed what was in that letter that Arya found: https://www.pedestrian.tv/film-tv/heres-letter-arya-found-tonights-game-thrones-says/

I won't spoil anything specific since it's not yet been officially released but while the episode was super thrilling and engaging, the writing was so damn sloppy. 

Plotholes, deus ex machinas and teleportation all prevalent af, the show's still good but you can tell George RR Martin ain't nearly as involved (if at all) in the writing for the show anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nate said:

I won't spoil anything specific since it's not yet been officially released but while the episode was super thrilling and engaging, the writing was so damn sloppy. 

Plotholes, deus ex machinas and teleportation all prevalent af, the show's still good but you can tell George RR Martin ain't nearly as involved (if at all) in the writing for the show anymore.

Yeah, so many decisions and moments that were played out in whole Episodes in the other Seasons are now being captured in five minutes of Dialogue... the most ridiculous was Jon's reaction to receiving the scroll that Bran was still alive...

"So Bran is alive now too... anyhow moving on to Wild Walkers I am going to find one myself and leave the lords hanging even longer... Dany you should help cos your hot... and Gendry I just meet you but you have a sick hammer... also our dad's got on it together back in the old days so you look like a solid squad member to go kill White Walkers with... ".

Is he now a Coke Addict... because all of that would have been stretched over three episodes in Season Two or Three.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Nate said:

Agreed. That leaked ep felt so far removed from what I've grown to love GOT for.