Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Josh is playing for Richmond in the VPL this season. Pretty sure he missed a penalty in their 1-0 loss against Bentleigh Greens on the weekend, will be interesting to see how he goes getting regular football at VPL level. A few other youth team players are in VPL squads, need a thread to keep tabs on them.

He's had two seasons with the NYL squad, and played in several pre-season games IIRC. Hasn't done enough to warrant a senior contract.

There are 23 senior spots. It's a fact of life that very few NYL players will make it through.

Edited by jw1739

Labinot Haliti hasn't been resigned by the Wanderers as yet. Has scored some crucial goals for us, clinical finisher and is hungry for regular 1st team football.

The bloke gets a Yellow card for taking his shirt off everytime he scores. Our dog has more brains :lol:

Edited by HEARTinator

dario vidosic would be brilliant, pretty sure he's got another season left on his contract but apparently things are falling apart at adelaide now behind the scenes so maybe there's a chance of getting him.

I think we were interested last season and couldn't lure him away. I agree very talented player slot in nicely at number 10. I'd love to pick up a Thwaite type but I can't see us being able to lure him away since Edwards has signed there.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1147404/Sydney-FC-culls-its-roster

Released from Sydney:

Kruno Lovrek and Jarrod Kyle, midfielder Paul Reid and defenders Nathan Sherlock, Trent McClenahan and Adam Griffiths all sent packing.

Released from Perth:

Dean Heffernan, Evan Berger, Lewis Italiano and Nick Ward

pffft nothing really there tbh, Suprised Griffths got released though

Released from Sydney:

Kruno Lovrek and Jarrod Kyle, midfielder Paul Reid and defenders Nathan Sherlock, Trent McClenahan and Adam Griffiths all sent packing.

Released from Perth:

An emphatic 'no' from me thank you very much. We need four quality players, two defenders and two midfielders if we are to be competitive next season. We do not need players culled from other A-League clubs. Haven't we learned that lesson yet?

Already other clubs are cutting deadwood harder then we are. I'm getting despondent again.

Released from Sydney:

Released from Perth:

An emphatic 'no' from me thank you very much. We need four quality players, two defenders and two midfielders if we are to be competitive next season. We do not need players culled from other A-League clubs. Haven't we learned that lesson yet?

Already other clubs are cutting deadwood harder then we are. I'm getting despondent again.

I agree, picking up any of those players would be a step backward as a club

JA has his system, like it or not.

Now he has to get the players to successfully play in that system. This is his year with his squad. If like WSW he can turn discards into winners then so be it. But he needs to get it right with the half dozen or so places he has left.

Released from Sydney:

Released from Perth:

We announced signing Ramsey after Adelaide got knocked out,

Maybe we are targeting players from the teams currently playing in the final 4?

Edited by Mentor

Released from Sydney:

Released from Perth:

Did we actually have a legitimate crack at Ono? Or was it just pure rumor?

It looks like we definitely won't be getting Michael Thwaite, not that he was on Heart's radar but a few people earlier in this thread were keen for it to go ahead. It looks like he'll be going on loan to Portland Timbers in the off-season to stay fit and give himself the best chance to play for the Australian national team before returning to Glory for the A-League season.

http://osaussies.com/worth-his-thwaite-in-green-gold/

Released from Sydney:

Released from Perth:

Nail, head.

No way either the players or the clubs would want news of their players being poached before the end of the season.

The heart should be looking at greek players! We have the largest population of greeks out of greece! 
Clubs in greece are struggling to keep up with there wages due to the economy! 
Our marquee should defiantly be greek, i know a lot of greeks who don't follow a-league, but if you get a legend like karagounis down.
You will see YARRASIDE full, AAMI park full and by making these supporters long term. The club should look at young greek players who they can develop!

• Like 4

Whats Brandon Hamill doing this days?? Last time i heard he was sitting on the bench for a korean team, would he be interested in coming back??

Also Robbie Kruze?? He would be a good signing

Robbie Kruse is probably our most promising Socceroo and is playing pretty well in the Bundesliga, why would he ever come back to the A-League!?!?

Whats Brandon Hamill doing this days?? Last time i heard he was sitting on the bench for a korean team, would he be interested in coming back??

Also Robbie Kruze?? He would be a good signing

Robbie Kruse is probably our most promising Socceroo and is playing pretty well in the Bundesliga, why would he ever come back to the A-League!?!?

and scoring in the bundesliga

Something I find frustrating about this threads like this one is the most constantly repeated message by posters that we need to be looking at recruiting our own NYL players and in particular having a good look at VPL players.

The second most common message is PPL automaticly drawing lines through A League players who have just became Free Agents.

I think clearly not a lot of PPL on here actually watch VPL.

As if they did then they would quickly realise that the better players in the VPL are by far the expeirenced veterans. (Often past A League Players).

A-League Australian players just released or coming out of contract who could be of value based on the current needs of the team ....

James Meyer

Nick Ward

Jason Culina

Aaron Mooy (seems to be out of contract)

Jason Trifiro

Corey Gameiro

....slim pickings based on who is available*

*Mitch Nichols is out of contract but is a turd...

and you can't polish a turd

Culina and Mooy would be useful, however Culina seems to need quite a bit of 'management', maybe easier for an experienced coach, Mooy seems to have been injured a lot, we apready have enough of those players! Gamiero looks handy but we need some decent defenders and creative mids.

• Like 1

Yeah, seems likely that a key player of a team that just won the league will leave his hometown to go to a cellar dweller club with an unproven coach and a board that has shown no ambition to improve on or off field.

That's not to say we shouldn't try.

Hasn't been getting much game time mate and is on low coin.

A pay rise does remarkable things. He as our central midfielder would be better than Thompson. What's the pay difference?

Yeah, seems likely that a key player of a team that just won the league will leave his hometown to go to a cellar dweller club with an unproven coach and a board that has shown no ambition to improve on or off field.

A pay rise does remarkable things. He as our central midfielder would be better than Thompson. What's the pay difference?

I thought he had been injured, and was unaware of the pay situation. To be honest, I would have thought he'd be on the most coin of any player behind Ono at WSW, but if he's not, you are right, big in!

A pay rise does remarkable things. He as our central midfielder would be better than Thompson. What's the pay difference? I thought he had been injured, and was unaware of the pay situation. To be honest, I would have thought he'd be on the most coin of any player behind Ono at WSW, but if he's not, you are right, big in!

I may be wrong but heard he wasn't on a hell of a lot. Now if that's true go hard at him. If not well it would be harder.

As I told my mate who got dumped by his missus, plenty of fish in the sea!

I thought he had been injured, and was unaware of the pay situation. To be honest, I would have thought he'd be on the most coin of any player behind Ono at WSW, but if he's not, you are right, big in!

wernt most of the WSW list on 1 year deals? If I were JD and JA id start poaching, the pressure on their cap after a GF/League win would be huge  

wernt most of the WSW list on 1 year deals? If I were JD and JA id start poaching, the pressure on their cap after a GF/League win would be huge  

The ironic thing is that a number of these WSW players were the very same players that a ago PPL wrote off as being worse than VPL players:

Beauchamp, Bridge, Topor-Stanley

Edited by cadete