Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

I'm done for this season, nothing really to gain.

We need new owners, coaches, players.  We are basically starting again in 6 months time.

In summary, you cannot grow a club if you keep finishing in the bottom four. All the traction gained in the previous season is lost, you have a high churn rate for memberships, it is more difficult to attract quality players, youth players, coaches, and support and administrative staff.

No idea what to make of this. Ian Abrahams, who does sports radio in the UK, tweeted 'Grant Holt could be leaving Wigan this Jan, I am hearing he could leave the DW on a 6month loan', and a (pretty random) Australian tweeted 'to @MelbourneHeart apparently'.

I'd be pretty pleased if we brought in a striker like him. Also, Sidwell's Melbourne Heart has suggested/promised so much, in particular a lot of big signings (the Brazilian Ronaldo, Michael Owen, Kevin Gamiero etc etc etc), so it would be good and deserved for the supporters if they could land a player like Holt.

No idea what to make of this. Ian Abrahams, who does sports radio in the UK, tweeted 'Grant Holt could be leaving Wigan this Jan, I am hearing he could leave the DW on a 6month loan', and a (pretty random) Australian tweeted 'to @MelbourneHeart apparently'.

I'd be pretty pleased if we brought in a striker like him. Also, Sidwell's Melbourne Heart has suggested/promised so much, in particular a lot of big signings (the Brazilian Ronaldo, Michael Owen, Kevin Gamiero etc etc etc), so it would be good and deserved for the supporters if they could land a player like Holt.

how many other world leagues would do only a 6 month deal?

Edited by Dylan

Who cares? Bring it on.

• Like 1

Who cares? Bring it on.

Astonishing to think that it's only 7 months ago that if we had met Norwich's asking-price he would have been in Heart colours this season.

Who cares? Bring it on.

Astonishing to think that it's only 7 months ago that if we had met Norwich's asking-price he would have been in Heart colours this season.

I know one player can't make a team but can only imagine what our season would have been if we secured Grant Holt.

Oh well back to reality.

• Like 1

I completely forgot about Holt and how close we were, also Karagounis.

Transfer speculation is cruel.

We were about as close to signing Holt and Karagounis as we were Beckham and Ronaldo, if I could put a numerical estimate I say we about a -6789.56% chance. Edited by HeartFc

Nicolas Canales would be a goal machine in this league. 28 years old, has a international cap for Chile.

Scored 26 goals in a title winning season in the Azerbaijan league (can't be worse than the Maltese league) only a season ago.

Currently at Colo Colo but just got loaned out to a lower team in the Chilean League.

Couldn't imagine him being overly expensive either. If he's willing to play in Azerbaijan I'm sure Australia isn't out of the question. Should have a good look at him for next season.

Ye he would be an excellent signing however I will disagree on the statement that he'd be willing to come here based on the fact he spent some time in Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijan league is actually pretty decent but there's only ever one reason a foreigner moves there. Money. They have a fuck lot of oil money and its no different to Qatar or UAE, players go there, get paid and fuck off.

What player would seriously transfer to this club? In all honesty, no footballer wishing to move to bigger and better things would come to this club, nor would any player leave their HAL club for us. So we get stuck with the Wielarts of the world looking for a final paycheck, meaning they don't care about the long-term future of the club. 

Unless the new owners wave some big checks around this may be a very quiet January for us.

• Like 1